Futurama General Discussion

Shaunbadia

Resident Relic of Problematic Periods
Global Moderator
This threads been dead for a while. So here's some info for next season. From The Infosphere:

Known plots:
Bender impregnates the new Planet Express soda machine in what David X. Cohen believes will be the season premiere.
There will be an episode about the Earth presidential election of 3012 to mirror the United States presidential election of 2012
There will be an episode about someone predicting a 3012 doomsday to mirror the 2012 doomsday.
Hermes will realize he is less efficient than a machine, so he chops some unnecessary parts of his body off and becomes a cyborg.
Calculon competes in the World Acting Championship to the death.
Leela is shocked when Zapp Brannigan loses interest in her and starts a romance with her mom.
Professor Farnsworth discovers his parents are still alive and living in the Near Death Star.

Known episode titles:
Blue Munda (Eric Rogers says this is only a working title)
The Bots and the Bees
The Six million dollar Mon
Farewell to arms (Unknown if this is/was a working title for "The Six millon dollar Mon")
Decision 3012
The Thief of Baghead
The Butterjunk effect

Apparently, Crystal Chesney-Thompson will be directing the season 7 finale.

I'm not sure if that means the final episode produced or the final broadcast one. I'm assuming it's the very last one, regardless, since she referred to the season as the 7th one in the first place.

A promo card for the bots and the bees :

futurama_624_02_640x360.jpg

More title :

1/The Bots and the Bees
2/A Farewell to Arms
3/Decision 3012
4/The Thief of Baghead
5/Zapp Dingba
6/The Butterjunk Effect
7/The Six Million Dollar Mon
8/Fun on a Bun
9/Free Will Hunting
10/Near-Death Wish
11/31st Century Fox
12/Viva Mars Vegas
13/Naturama
14/ ?
15/?
16/?
17/?
18/The Inhuman Torch
19/2-D Blacktop
20/Forty Percent Leadbelly
21/?
22/?

The day of clever titles seems to have come and past.

Those have to be the worse set of titles that I've ever seen!

Mind if the episodes are good I won't care too much!

Fry and Leela will (probably) be having a son in a future episode, listen to the commentary for "Law and Oracle" and you'll see what I mean!

They mentioned that there was going to be an episode about a time travelling man who would turn out to be Fry and Leela's son. They scrapped it because they didn't think it was funny enough. I thought it was one of their most clever ideas, to be honest.

I remember cohen musing on the potential of a kid in an interview during the period after the last movie but before the series revival

God I hope these episodes are as legitimate as the previous season's at least. Last season was very good and yet it was the worst season of them all, excluding Season 5.

The first four seasons were awesome, then the 1st dvd movie came out after a long hiatus.. and it totally blew me away!

Then the 2nd dvd movie came out... it was plain terrible, then the 3rd dvd movie came out and it was kinda good, and finally a 4th dvd movie came out that was pretty good.

Next after two years... 13 of the new episodes were great, 10 were good, and only 6 of the total 26 new episodes sucked, but.. it's still f'n amazing and per volume Futurama cranks out more amazing episodes than any other animated show left on T.V. today!

I have faith.. they work harder than most other crews b/c the writing staff is smaller now and all 26 scripts are written at once for the next two years of production and eventual airing on CC.

Less episodes this season like - "In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela", "Attack of the Killer App", "The Futurama Holiday Shit-tacular", "Benderama", "Yo Leela Leela", and "All the Presidents' Heads".

More episodes this season like - "Rebirth", "The Duh-Vinci Code", "Lethal Inspection", "The Late Philip J. Fry", "The Prisoner of Benda", "The Mutants Are Revolting", "The Silence of the Clamps", "Möbius Dick", "Law and Oracle", "The Tip of the Zoidberg", "Cold Warriors", "Overclockwise", and "Reincarnation".

And it will be great.

Last edited:
All the Presidents' Heads was actually a pretty good episode from last season....then again I'm a HUGE fan of the American Revolutionary War times.

All the Presidents' Heads was actually a pretty good episode from last season....then again I'm a HUGE fan of the American Revolutionary War times.

Yeah.. Matt Groening and myself aren't big fans of it... they botched some things in that episode pretty bad, and I did't laugh once during that entire show.

Listen to the commentray and see my review for why I feel this way, as do others.

Yeah.. Matt Groening and myself aren't big fans of it... they botched some things in that episode pretty bad, and I did't laugh once during that entire show.

Listen to the commentray and see my review for why I feel this way, as do others.

Is Matt Groening the username of some NHC user, or do you literally mean the show's creator didn't like it? And if so, why did he say? I watch Futurama on Netflix instead of the DVDs so I have not heard the commentaries...

Yes, Matt Groening (Creator of Futurama) stated that several things bug him to death about this epiosde and to quote him "... I'm not letting it go!" - reffering to the things that bug him and his silent nerd-rage during the entire commentary.

Another good example is that no one important liked the puking goat and/or butt boil (in episode AOTKA) on the staff except for the writers; V.O. artists John and Tress, (and also Matt G.) all said they could have lived without the puking goat and Tress hated the butt boil.

Although, Billy West... coming from 'Howard Stern' and 'Ren and Stimpy' is obviously not bothered by anything anymore, I never hear him complain on the commentaries... lol.

No, The Six Million Dollar Mon has already been confirmed as the cyborg episode. Well, it at least makes the most sense, and Keeler always wanted to explore more with Hermes.

Was over at the Infosphere and another title has been released but the production code is unknown, same goes for the plot.
"T.: THE TERRESTRIAL".
The Infosphere's source is the PEEL forums so I'm willing to say it's real...some of the guys over there are pretty up to date with current Futurama news like this.

that's disturbing because the infosphere is really, really poorly written. though it is incredibly thorough.

Am I correct in assuming that Ben's mother is the Crushinator?

Back