Futurama General Discussion

Ok, I did some research,
Turns out all or most of FOX Programing is being taken off all streaming services. FOX might be putting all there shows on there own Streaming network if the FOX streaming service picks up Futurama I might have to get it? does anyone know what the FOX streaming service is called? there is a Petition in the article I am posting, even though it is addressed to Netflix I urge all to sign,
http://www.slashfilm.com/futurama-leaving-netflix/
I do have all the Futurama on DVD but would love to replace it with Blu-ray, Blu-ray just looks so much better then Digital more crisp, the picture just pops! Its kind of like how CD Music sounds so much better then something you download or Spotify or youtube, especially Soundtrack Scores, Classical Music, and Rock And Roll. Pearl Jam sounds so much better on CD or Vinyl!
Something that would be an ok alternative to new Futurama would be that rumored Matt Groaning Netflix new show that would be really cool and Epic, Does anyone know if that is still happening?

[MENTION=72568]ZOIDBERG RODRIGUEZ[/MENTION] have you heard about Futurama Madhouse or Peelified? Seems like a better place for you.

[MENTION=72568]ZOIDBERG RODRIGUEZ[/MENTION] have you heard about Futurama Madhouse or Peelified? Seems like a better place for you.

Most Futurama message don't see much action these days not a lot of people talk on them anymore because its been so long since any new episodes. lots more posters on here and my first love was The Simpsons but the Simpsons season is over I will get in to Critiquing episodes come September October. what current Simpsons season are we heading into 29? I seem to have lost count?

Ok I had to edit my post accordingly,
I am watching both the first 4 seasons and the movies on DVD on an HD TV and my X-Box which doubles a Blu-ray player and my the DVD's don't look that bad, The movies Aspect Ratio fits the entire screen and doesn't look half bad. I have the entire series on DVD and take care of my Blu-ray and DVD Discs like gold they are in great condition! so I will be good until someday the series hopefully is released on Blu-ray in its entirety? as a matter of fact the first four seasons look about the same in DVD as they do In HD on Netflix go figure. This Is making me rethink getting the Family Guy Star Wars Box Set to replace my DVD set that I own.

Last edited:
Another trailer, none of the main characters this time but plenty of special guest heads in jars.

I wonder if that was the real Stephen Hawking this time as well.

Honestly as much as I like Futurama, and want to play this game, I know I'll just get bored with it + it drains my battery too much when I play. I mean, I can't say for sure, but Tapped Out and Quest For Stuff drained it a lot. I downloaded this game and just did the first few tasks, then uninstalled.

Another trailer, none of the main characters this time but plenty of special guest heads in jars.

It always amazes me how TinyCo can somehow afford all these constant guest stars for there games. I mean Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff somehow always manages to constantly introduces either celebrities playing themselves or fictional characters from seemingly every facet of pop culture.

Anyway, judging from the trailer and the brief moment of gameplay shown, I assume it means that a good of the characters showing up are just going to be special guest stars and celebrities. On one hand, it kind of annoys me because it makes it look like the game is going to be a Futurama version of the Family Guy app in the sense that most of the rosters are guest star characters instead of ones from the actual show, but on the other hand, I can understand why and it does kind of make sense considering how many guest stars have appeared on the show.

David X Cohen Announces new Futurama Project Says Announcement coming This Summer!
https://moviepilot.com/p/david-x-cohen-promises-more-futurama-coming/4310509
they bring Up In the Article It could be A YouTube series of Shorts that could jumpstart a new season or movies If It Is successful? and another article I read said the cast could be touring the Country doing Table reads which again If It sold well could prompt new episodes or movies! I would totally buy a Ticket to something like that If It was In my area! 
One Of the articles I read said the Matt Groaning Netflix show Is still happening!

Not expecting much and I'll likely forget this anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a "World of Futurama" multimedia site.

Last edited:
As sad as it is to see them so desperately trying to keep the show alive in any form they can be it comics or mobile games or whatever else, I would actually be interested in that Telltale thing the article mentioned. It'd be cool to see a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style setup with Futurama and it's not so out there that it couldn't work (The Homestar Runner one they did several years back was a blast and that was a good bit before they started to get recognized for stuff like The Walking Dead).

As sad as it is to see them so desperately trying to keep the show alive in any form they can be it comics or mobile games or whatever else, I would actually be interested in that Telltale thing the article mentioned. It'd be cool to see a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style setup with Futurama and it's not so out there that it couldn't work (The Homestar Runner one they did several years back was a blast and that was a good bit before they started to get recognized for stuff like The Walking Dead).

I could See If Futurama does well on Hulu may be a deal could be in the works for Hulu to make Futurama new movies and Shows or may be that long talked about Groaning new show On Hulu not Netflix. I think Hulu has bigger plans for these shows then just re runs but hey I could be wrong I just have a feeling about this :)

Hulu offered a better deal to Fox than Netflix could. Commercials = higher revenue for non-originals, and Fox saw this as a great opportunity for themselves too. Futurama isn't getting revived on Hulu.

Hulu offered a better deal to Fox than Netflix could. Commercials = higher revenue for non-originals, and Fox saw this as a great opportunity for themselves too. Futurama isn't getting revived on Hulu.

We will see I think there Is a chance It gets revived or Hulu could offer to produce the new Groaning show Either scenario is ok with me!
Network TV and Cable are a dying breed, Streaming TV is the way of the future. If Groaning Was Smart he would get in the game when It Is the hot thing to do...

Last edited:
The chances of that happening are pretty low by this point though. The budget Futurama demands is rather high and even a streaming service like Hulu wouldn't revive it. Netflix didn't.

futurama should stay dead. last few seasons were awful
did you see the last episode of the series? what about the one when Fry, The Professor, and Bender go in a time machine and watch the destruction and rebirth of the universe over a case of beer? you didn't like those episodes? I think the entire series was great, even the Comedy Central batch and the movies! I really cant recall a bad episode in the entire series? I would call the show the best show of all time IMHO Although Bobs Burgers is coming real close to that mantle it is right up there! [MENTION=47291]Startug[/MENTION]
as for the price of the 3-D Animation, did you see the movie like CGI IN Stranger Things? if that can be achieved so can the 3-D In the show a lot has changed in the industry since we last saw the Comedy Central or FOX run of the show, like I said if I am wrong we shall see. I will come on here and eat a big plate of crow if I am wrong?
also like I said if a Futurama renewal does not happen I am fine with a new Groaning show its a nice trade off! you don't think a new Groaning show on either Netflix or Hulu could happen? doesn't necessarily have to be 3-D Like Futurama or what if Seth MacFarlane help produce the new Groaning show, heck what if MacFarlane came on to help to produce new Futurama, Between MacFarlane's and Groaning's money and David X Cohen's money I am sure they could afford it!

Last edited:
I disagree I think all three final episodes were emotionally beautiful! they made me cry they were so emotional! what other show that happens to be a cartoon make you really care about the Love story of the two main characters like on a Ross and Rachel kind of way If you know what I mean.

by the way I love your avatar I wish Trump would do that to himself!!!

.lets not go down this road

down what road every good story has a good love story the reason it worked was because of great writing. or do you mean the avatar? if so why do you even let him have the avatar unless we can compliment each others avatars? what can I say I agree with the sentiment!

Wow, I am surprised with the amount of animated cutscenes for this game. Almost convinces me to download it.

Back