Friz Tricks the Entire World... kinda.

friz

paranormal investigator
Now then, if I was a member readin this article, I'd think, "Geez, What a Loser"; so I'm not gonna be surprised if I get similar responces...

Back in the day of Springfield USA (A simpsons message board ran by Jim Williams, a 60-year old space nerd fanatic), th information leaked out that an episode all about Principal Skinner proposing to Edna. Everybody there loved the sound of the plot, and wanted to know more info. So, on the spot, I came up with the made up title of, "Love and Marking".

BAM! A couple of days later, this title is posted on Jonah's website (now dead). It links back to here, where NHC are delightfully lapping up this new title. A few days later, Jonah deems this title as false.

But it didn't end there.

I now smile whenever I look at TV Tome's Guide for EABF02, and pretty much every unofficial guide that exists.

I even got the Russians.

Even on Kazaa the other day, there is a link to EABF02_LOVEANDMARKING.ram.

Boy howdy, I'm so boring.

Maybe "misleads" is a better word.

Still, most simpsons nerds do believe that "Love and Marking" is the official alternate title.

Nah I don't think you're a nerd for that. It's your claim to fame kind of like being a guy who started an urban legend that caught on.

So you started this title? OK I believe you.
BUT!......
This episode is AKA Love and Marking. My question is - Do the producers name it Love and Marking? if so, are you claiming they copied from you or it is just a big coinscidence?

The Yes Guy said:
right. And people usually think this because......?
Friz said:
on the spot, I came up with the made up title of, "Love and Marking".

BAM! A couple of days later, this title is posted on Jonah's website (now dead). It links back to here, where NHC are delightfully lapping up this new title.

Most Definitely NOT quoted by me.......

Feel free to edit your post by clicking the
edit.gif
button

I had it edited before you posted that. Comprehend Friz's first post in this thread and you'll know why everyone thinks that Love and Marking is the alternate title.

kthxbye

npneway.....
So tell me am I right.... Somebody gives a name for an episode that may be happening. It gets around and some people think its the title and sites name it (AKA - *whatever*). I just always wanted to know why episodes where AKA'd. Just there was a thread about Bart's Girlfriend and someone believed it was AKA - Lovejoy's Little Devil

The Yes Guy said:
npneway.....
So tell me am I right.... Somebody gives a name for an episode that may be happening. It gets around and some people think its the title and sites name it (AKA - *whatever*).

Not just "Somebody"- the writer/producer. An alternate title is either the original title, (eg; "Lovejoy's Little Devil", "Marge Gets a Boob Job", "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific") or it can be an inside joke (eg, "Jaques to be Wild).

In this case, I invented the title to a plot that had no title. Everybody assumed it was real. Hardly an "urban legend", but.. uh...

Yeah, I'm lost.

Congraulations! You just tricked the entire world...and I haven't...well then...uh...oh, I know how to trick the entire world!

The episode where Marge writes a novel is named "Marge Writes A Novel"! Yeah!

Oh...it already has a name. Aww, gumdrops...

Your toying with people's emotions!

In all seriousness though, if everybody started just mkaing up titles pretending they are true then the Season 15 and upcoming episodes threads would be pointless as they could be all false titles to begin with, then people start creating plots, and characters and no one knows what to believe. So then newbies will be posting this info into other threads for example : " The ep i am really looking forward to is " The Simpsons and Fat Tony - Blair' etc.

so all in all it is a bad idea

You mean that next week's ep is really called "The Simpsons and Fat Tony - Blair"? Really? j/k

Actually, didn't someone else make alternate titles for every episode and put them on the SNPP capsules?

That is very funny, Friz! I applaud your....eventual honesty!

Does anyone want to take responsibility now for "Lovejoy's little Devil", or "Margie, May I Sleep With Danger?" (which I pointed out last month - to much protest - was the same sort of "bogus Internet title".

Meh, might as well blame me. I enjoy Simpson-related pranks. Were you around the time me and Matty posted the April Fools "Promo Card" for 'Three Gays and the Condo'?

Back