Foreign DVD Covers

truth teller

footlong taco dog
I was recently looking at simpsons dvds on google shopping and found some interesting covers on the foreign versions.
5EFF5009-3647-4C11-AB42-6D07E54F819C.jpegBC7B03FA-1EB0-466E-954E-2A63AA269CC9.jpeg47597136-3A85-4E7B-AE31-68D604EF7949.jpeg
I really wish they had more creative covers like this on the USA variants.

They kind of look like bootlegs, regardless, they look pretty amazing. What country do these covers come from?

They kind of look like bootlegs, regardless, they look pretty amazing. What country do these covers come from?
From what I can tell, they are either from China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan. However, they are most likely from China. But, this is strange, as the show is banned from China's primetime television back in August 2006. I wonder if these were made to watch the show in there since it was banned from television, or maybe they could be made before its ban.

All of those are, without a doubt, bootlegs. The international versions of the covers look just about the same as the US ones (save for some minor differences such as age rating logos in a few cases).

All of those are, without a doubt, bootlegs. The international versions of the covers look just about the same as the US ones (save for some minor differences such as age rating logos in a few cases).
Thanks for the info. I never knew that. I honestly wish they would have had more fun with the dvd covers like the bootleg ones do. Also, do you know where the Lisa‘s diary image comes from

Back