Favorite Parody

Wavy Gravy

SEASON 28?!?
The Simpsons is known for its ripoffs of practically everything. Just post which parody in an episode you liked best.

Personally, I enjoyed all the different ways they worked actual elements of "Cape Fear" into the episode "Cape Feare". And "The Springfield Files"'s ripoffs of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and "ET" and so on were good too. Just let me know what you think.

Raiders of the Lost Ark/Indiana Jones parody from "Bart's friend falls in Love".

Also the whole "The Shinning" segment from THOH.

The Matrix-Couch-Gag of BABF17 "Insane Clown Poppy" :lol: ;) ;) ;)
The Shining-Sequenz of ThoH 5, too!
Many great parodies of "Dr.Strangelove" often been seen in 3F08 "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming".
The best parodie ever is "Deep Space Homer!" ;) :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Favourite parody

Mine is from THOH IX. The couch scene was hillarious with Freddy and Jason.

I would have to say the Raiders of the Lost Ark/Indian Jones is my favourite parody. It was hilarious, creative and simply Classical Homer at his best.

"The Shinning" was good and so was the Pulp Fiction-ness of "22 Short Films" and "Trilogy of Error", but my favorite has to be the "Lord of the Flies" parody with the kids stranded on the island. They took almost every part of that book and turned it upside down. Literary parodies on TV aren't easy, so that makes it all the better.

I really liked the take off of the the Jonny Cash Fulsom Prison special . Krusty singing before the cons was a hoot. Anyone remotely interested in classic country/rock 'n' roll shoult check out Johnny Cash's two 'prison' albums(errr CDs) live at Fulsom Prison and live at San Quentin. (Arguably) Country music's greatest in front of a captive audience.

And even better 'A fish called Sema'. The Planet of the Apes musical was possibly the greatest moment ever.

MacCarther Parker:'Troy, Mac Parker here. Have you ever heard of the Planet of the Apes?'

Troy McClure: 'The planet or the movie?'

I loved the parody of a Hitchcock cameo in "A Streetcar named Marge", right after Homer and the kids walk out of the nursery school, and the "Clockwork Orange" parody in Duffless. And Smithers in "The Simpsons Spin-off Showcase" was a great Devo lampoon!

homer's chasing of the flanders' GEO, terminator 2 style.

Back