Family Guy Rate/Review: North by North Quahog

How do you rate tonight's new episode?

• Total voters

Andy

pretty rad
In the fourth season premiere, Peter decides to take Lois on a second honeymoon. But when things go awry, they end up posing as a famous actor/director to stay in his fancy hotel suite, where they inadvertently discover a copy of "The Passion of the Christ 2: Crucify This." Peter and Lois attempt to destroy the film and end up in a high-speed chase with supporters hell-bent on saving the movie.
IT'S BACK, BITCHEZ :MrT:

Thread opens when the episode ends on the Stratocaster Coast.

4/5 loved the episode. Didn't get why they used that cel-shaded background when Peter was driving.

Didn't watch it tonight, but assuming there were no cuts from the leaked version...

5/5

awesome, good to have it back, blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc. 4/5

Not as awesome as I expected... but still UNBELIEVABLE. Had me laughing non-stop, and it's good to have new FGs.

THREE FOR THREE, FOX

5/5....

But to be honest...

4/5 if it's not the comeback ep.

Awesome jokes, but a few of em just BOMBED. Not enough, and they were way overshadowed by awesome jokes.

The Two and a Half Men joke had me going crazy for some reason. Old man at prom, evil monkey, and many more callbacks. The teaser had me rolling at all the failed FOX shows since Family Guy ended. How Peter convinced America to go to Iraq, hilarious.

4/5. I thought the opening was hilarious and the North By Northwest reference was great. I was a little confused by the parental discretion for animated nudity but I guess they meant Peter whose private parts were covered by his stomach. I thought the first and third acts were great but I didn't like the second.

4/5

Pretty good...umm...don't know what else to say that I didn't on the leaked thread. But, anyways, it's good to have it back...

i didn't realize how much i missed this show until now. a few jokes bombed but generally good gags throughout. stewie/brian plot was terrific (of course.) 4/5

4.5/5 - didn't feel quite the same as before, but was close enough, and still awesome nonetheless.

Unfortunately (and as expected), I still can't say the same thing for American Dad.

this episode is "freakin' sweet"...fuck it, you know someone had to say it. 4/5

This show felt like it hasn't been cancelled, with the exception of tonight's opening for obvious reasons. 4/5

Edit: I forgot to mention I liked the Kucinich reference.

Last edited:
Saw it when it leaked. Rewatching it now, and it's still damn funny. Loved Stewie giving Chris a spanking. They've still got it. 5/5

My Little Needle said:
Pretty solid... by most of the cutaway gags where awkwardly off today. 4/5
Yeah! That's what felt awkward that I couldn't put my finger on, but you're right. The cutaway gags felt a little more forced than usual, but it didn't take away from the episode's quality.

I'm a FG fan, so I liked it well enough...but I'm not so sure if this particular episode would hook a newbie into tuning in again next week. Where was Quagmire and Cleveland? Dammit, I wanted to hear an "allll-riiiight!" outta Quagmire. Oh well, there's always next week.

3/5

"I'm a FG fan, so I liked it well enough...but I'm not so sure if this particular episode would hook a newbie into tuning in again next week."

Just because I saw this post at another forum...

"Tonight was the first time I watched Family Guy ever (I don't watch much network television). I've instantly become a fan."

4/5. I really expected a larger drop off and didn't like most of the promos, but it came back the same as before. A completely off-the-wall plot, maybe more then usual, but it was still funny as hell.

I loved this episode. 5/5.

BTW: Did you notice the dog reading "Dude, Where's My Country" and his Kucinich '04 bumper sticker?

I didn't watch it to see the New Trailer Park Boys, which was both on at the same time. Sounds like it was a good episode though, I look forward to the rerun.

Back