Family Guy general discussion/upcoming episode thread

We'll see! But we'll have to wait the next two weeks until the synopsis will be revealed for Mister Act on The Futon Critic. Because just keep in mind, there won't be a new Family Guy episode (along with Bob's Burgers) on January 2nd, because of the Special Time for The Simpsons and The Great North that night

Anyway, The Lois Quagmire could probably be a late Valentine's Day themed episode, since I think it might air on February 27th in the new year. Besides, Family Guy hasn't had a Valentine's Day themed episode in a long time

Oooh, another thing, because that Chris is currently 15 years old. I have a feeling that Meg might turn 19 sometime in the future. You know, think about it for a sec, Steve Smith from American Dad is also 15, and Hayley Smith from American Dad is currently 19, she was 18 at first somewhere during Season 1 of American Dad if I remember correctly

As you guys can see (I know you could already see the promo pictures for Christmas Crime that Buckimion also posted in the Family Guy Wiki about a week ago), the Griffins will be wearing their Christmas sweaters again. Their sweaters are also shown back in Christmas is Coming and The First No L (except Lois only wore her green and red striped sweater back in The First No L last year). If I'm correct, there's probably one of the other previous Family Guy Christmas episodes where that also happens

Last edited:
Oooh, another thing, because that Chris is currently 15 years old. I have a feeling that Meg might turn 19 sometime in the future. You know, think about it for a sec, Steve Smith from American Dad is also 15, and Hayley Smith from American Dad is currently 19, she was 18 at first somewhere during Season 1 of American Dad if I remember correctly
The only way Meg turns 19 is if she graduates from high school first. This isn't entirely out of the question; originally, Chris was still in junior high school, but moving him up to high school didn't "date" the episodes.

The only Fox animated character I can think of off the top of my head that has aged more than one year (not counting how Homer Simpson went from something like 35 to 39 at some point) is Luanne on King of the Hill; she was 18 or 19 when the series started, but a later episode had her turn 21.

A little reminder for any of us, we won't be expecting the synopsis for 'Mister Act' in the Futon Critic until sometime next week, until we can find out what's actually gonna happen for Mister Act. Again, whatever it'll be about, I'm sure it will be a great episode (it could be a Dylan episode, we haven't seen Dylan in a long time), fingers crossed! 🤞

You know, something tells me that The Jersey's Bore might probably be a Brian episode. Maybe where Brian becomes a Jersey's pet or something? I don't know

Hopefully sometime either tomorrow, Thursday or Friday, we might finally see the plot for 'Mister Act' in The Futon Critic and FOXFLASH

Anyway, I hope we might get The Family Guy Movie someday in the future. Because that'll probably be very promising, if that's the case

Anyway, I hope we might get The Family Guy Movie someday in the future. Because that'll probably be very promising, if that's the case

I would never say no to a Family Guy movie, but at this point, I'm wondering what they could do with the show that hasn't already been done. How are the cutaways going to work in a theatrical format? And with the way the show is now, they can't spend five minutes on a plot and move on. There has to be a really good story. Honestly, a movie would require the show to be less like itself, and I don't think that's possible.

I know Seth MacFarlane said years ago that he wrote a script for it and the idea is something you couldn't do on TV, but I'm not holding my breath on there ever being a movie. Especially if Seth's not going to help write it.

I would never say no to a Family Guy movie, but at this point, I'm wondering what they could do with the show that hasn't already been done. How are the cutaways going to work in a theatrical format? And with the way the show is now, they can't spend five minutes on a plot and move on. There has to be a really good story. Honestly, a movie would require the show to be less like itself, and I don't think that's possible.

I know Seth MacFarlane said years ago that he wrote a script for it and the idea is something you couldn't do on TV, but I'm not holding my breath on there ever being a movie. Especially if Seth's not going to help write it.
You know, Richard Appel is currently the showrunner for Family Guy right now. So just leave it to him to think about it

Last edited:
You know, Richard Appel is currently the showrunner for Family Guy right now. So just leave it to him to think about it

Alec Sulkin is the co-showrunner alongside Appel. And Seth is still the creator of the show so it doesn't make any sense to do a Family Guy movie without his involvement in the writing. Two years ago, he said he knows what he wants to do with it but he just has to get around to it because of his involvement in other projects.

If they make a movie, someone still has to do the show so what are you going to say if Appel and Sulkin remain the showrunners?

Well, they're probably gonna be showrunners again next year. Seth MacFarlane however used to be the showrunner a long time ago

"FAMILY GUY" - (9:30-10:00 PM ET / 8:30-9:00 PM CT / 7:30-8:00 PM MT / 9:30-10:00PM PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

PA: Viewer discretion is advised.

AN ACCIDENT LEAVES PETER WITH A HIGH-PITCHED VOICE, AND JESUS COACHES HIM INTO FENDING OFF THE OTHER CHOIR BOYS; MEANWHILE, STEWIE IS ATTRACTED TO LOIS' NEW MASCULINE PHYSIQUE ON AN ALL-NEW "FAMILY GUY" SUNDAY, JANUARY 9, ON FOX

An accident leaves Peter with a high-pitched voice, and Jesus coaches him into fending off the other choir boys; meanwhile, Stewie is attracted to Lois' new masculine physique in the all-new "Mister Act" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, Jan. 9 (9:30-10:00 PM ET / 8:30-9:00 PM CT / 7:30-8:00 PM MT / 9:30-10:00PM PT) on FOX. (FG-1908) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Quagmire, and Tom Tucker; Alex Borstein as Lois Griffin; Seth Green as Chris Griffin; Mila Kunis as Meg; Patrick Warburton as Joe; Arif Zahir as Cleveland

Oh! And looking at the plot for Mister Act, I'm not really looking forward to this, because of what will happen to Peter in there, mark my words! 😐 If Peter will end up in a high-pitched voice for Mister Act... Oh god... It's probably gonna remind us of Chip's voice, if you guys remember him from back in Vestigial Peter

"FAMILY GUY" - (9:30-10:00 PM ET / 8:30-9:00 PM CT / 7:30-8:00 PM MT / 9:30-10:00PM PT) CC-AD-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

PA: Viewer discretion is advised.

AN ACCIDENT LEAVES PETER WITH A HIGH-PITCHED VOICE, AND JESUS COACHES HIM INTO FENDING OFF THE OTHER CHOIR BOYS; MEANWHILE, STEWIE IS ATTRACTED TO LOIS' NEW MASCULINE PHYSIQUE ON AN ALL-NEW "FAMILY GUY" SUNDAY, JANUARY 9, ON FOX

An accident leaves Peter with a high-pitched voice, and Jesus coaches him into fending off the other choir boys; meanwhile, Stewie is attracted to Lois' new masculine physique in the all-new "Mister Act" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, Jan. 9 (9:30-10:00 PM ET / 8:30-9:00 PM CT / 7:30-8:00 PM MT / 9:30-10:00PM PT) on FOX. (FG-1908) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Voice Cast: Seth MacFarlane as Peter Griffin, Stewie Griffin, Brian Griffin, Quagmire, and Tom Tucker; Alex Borstein as Lois Griffin; Seth Green as Chris Griffin; Mila Kunis as Meg; Patrick Warburton as Joe; Arif Zahir as Cleveland
WTF?! 🤣 Fox literally copied whole plot and pasted as highlighte. Lazy a**es!

Btw, the plit itself sounds awful.

WTF?! 🤣 Fox literally copied whole plot and pasted as highlighte. Lazy a**es!

Btw, the plit itself sounds awful.
Which is why I already said that I'm not really looking forward to this episode, because of what's going to happen to Peter

Oh! And looking at the plot for Mister Act, I'm not really looking forward to this, because of what will happen to Peter in there, mark my words! 😐 If Peter will end up in a high-pitched voice for Mister Act... Oh god... It's probably gonna remind us of Chip's voice, if you guys remember him from back in Vestigial Peter
The same what happened to Stans' voice. I forgot the name of the episode but Stans' voice got high after an accident. It was the episode when Steve went shop lifting.

The same what happened to Stans' voice. I forgot the name of the episode but Stans' voice got high after an accident. It was the episode when Steve went shop lifting.
Did it happen in a American Dad Season 9 episode called 'Crotchwalkers'? I guess American Dad and Family Guy must be very common to each other, I could be wrong

Back