Episodes you hate that nobody else hates that much

Kidney Trouble. I realise that it's already regarded as a rather bad episode, but I absolutely believe that no one on this planet hates it as much as I do.

Bart stops to smell the roosevelts - That episode was painfully boring and I personally think it's worse than moe's rag and the gaga episode.

When Flanders Failed - No one understands my hate for this episode. Characterization, story and humour are all off point not to mention that ridiculously sappy ending which nearly made me vomit.

Little Big Mom - From about the second half out (not that the first act is anything enjoyable, either), this episode has absolutely no logic and no substance. It's pretty much just Bart and Homer acting totally insane simply because Marge isn't presently available.

Children of a Lesser Clod - Spare Bill Cosby's Pokemon rant, this episode is absolutely awful. The lack of low ratings in the R&R polls shocks me, to say the least.

Little Big Girl - I think most people consider this one of Season 18's better endeavors, but I simply don't enjoy it. Probably the second-worst Bart falls in love episode, next only to Love is a Many-Splintered Thing.

I'm with Cupid - A completely boring, Apu-Manjula marriage crisis episode that goes absolutely nowhere. People apparently consider it to be pretty decent, but for me, it falls under Season 10's throwaway department.

The Sweetest Apu - See above, except that this applies to Season 13.

The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer - An episode following Fat Tony's kid has a lot of potential, but the implementation here is totally botched up. Not only does it focus way more on Homer's pointless story far too much, the humor is some of the worst of any Simpsons episode. A disappointing mess.

Jazzy & the Pussycats - Season 18's first few episodes are appalling horrendous. The lack of 2's and 1's in this episode's R&R thread simply baffles me.

Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em - Ugh my God, are average Americans really this sexist? Even in the Deep South, you'd be able to find plenty of women with a full-time occupation that isn't homemaking. The idea of Homer posing for Marge is absurdly amusing, but the episode makes so little sense that it's just extremely stupid rather than funny. The jokes totally bomb, too.

Homer To The Max:Starts out okay, but totally falls apart when Homer changes his name. Pretty awful.

Make Room For Lisa:The story revolves around Jerkass Homer being a general dick to Lisa. And i hate how she has to apologize at the end. Well did Homer forget, that he let her room be destroyed, taped over litte mermaid, forced her to live with Bart etc. Plus its also very boring. The fact that its not considered one of the worst of season 10 more often baffles me.

Brothers Little Helper:Good idea for sure, but once Bart steals the tank and rampages the episode stinks.

Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder:The second half of this episode has barley anything to do with the first half. It all of a sudden goes from Homer bowling a perfect score, then trying to commit suicide over not being famous anymore, then trying to bond with his kids. Plus, i did not like the idea of Maggie being a super baby. All this could have been forgiven if i really thought the episode was funny, but the only funny things i can recall at the moment, are where is waldo gag, and Lennys exchange with the waitress.

Little Big Mom:Pretty much the same reasons as Infinity.

The Computer Wore Menace Shoes:Kind of like Homer To The Max, starts out pretty decent. But it stinks as soon as Homer gets to "the island" and yes i get what it was supposed to be a parody of, but i still thought it sucked. Pretty awful.

Simpson Safari:In the way that no ones hates it as much as me.

Pray Anything:Been a while since i saw it, but i remember almost being bored to tears by this episode. And i remember Homer being close to or being his Jerkass self.

There are probably more. But these come to mind at the moment.

Well, by "hate," I'm going to assume you mean the worst of the worst. So the following are episodes I would give 1/10, F's to that other people seem to like quite a bit more. There aren't too many.

Lisa the Iconoclast—Yeah, you all know what I think of this one.

She Used to Be My Girl—The closest I've ever come to wanting to murder a family member. Marge is the worst I've ever seen her, refusing to let her daughter have a role model because Marge is jealous of Chloe's successes.

All About Lisa—Almost a carbon copy of Bart Gets Famous, coupled with a boring, pointless subplot.

A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again—All-around awful characterization of Bart during the whole episode. Makes him out to be an antagonist, which was obviously not the writers' intentions. Just an out-there, far-fetched episode with an attempted feel-good ending that fails miserably.

Last edited:
Krusty Gets Kancelled - This is probably my least favourite episode from seasons 1-7. I like Worker and Parasite, but that is it. The rest of it is a shameless parade of pointless guest stars who come in and magically save everything. I mean, once Bart and Lisa come up with the idea to have a special with all the celebrities, there is no conflict anymore. You know they are going to fix everything, and they do. It's such a lazy resolution.

Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? - This episode seems to be thought of as Season 11's best episode, but it is awful. I really have no idea what people see in it.

How I Spent My Strummer Vacation - This episode doesn't seem to be very popular, but I hate it more than most people seem to. I hate it for many of the reasons I hate Krusty Gets Kancelled. However, unlike Krusty Gets Kancelled, it lacks any classic era charm. Furthermore, Homer resenting his family just stops being an issue when they inexplicably reward him for resenting them.

No Loan Again, Naturally - The behaviour of all the characters in this episode makes absolutely no sense.

I thought of some more.

Stark Raving Dad - Homer being committed to a mental institution is funny, but once "Michael Jackson" enters the episode (and especially after he leaves the institution), the episode turns into crap. Also, I hate the song he writes for Lisa.

Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious - This episode is so boring. It is one of the few episodes that is a chore to sit through for me. I hate Shary Bobbins, I hate her songs, and I hate how Bart and Lisa behave (their song about what they want their nanny to be like, for example, doesn't seem like something they would do. It might be something some British children in the early 1900's would do, but not Bart and Lisa). Once Shary Bobbins arrives, everyone is so happy and everything is perfect. It is just so damn sappy.

The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase - There are a lot of people who don't like this episode, but it is probably the single episode that I hate the most.

Simpsoncalifragilisticexpialia(Annoyed Grunt)-cious is a hilarious episode. How can you not crack up at "Mein bratwurst has a first name, it's F-R-I-T-Z. Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N P-F-E-F-F-R-H-A-U-S-E-N" or "Shut up, Flanders! Okily-dokily-do!"

Spin-Off Showcase isn't bad either.

Most episodes that I truly hate, which are That 90's Show, Moe Goes from Rags to Riches and Lisa Goes Gaga, are already hated by pretty much the entire community :P

The Two Nahasapeematans (or however you spell it): I never liked Manjula and the quintaplets, and I think she kinda ruined Apu's character for me. Apu's only true love is the Kwik E Mart, we all know that.

The Computer Wore Menace Shoes: The first half was pretty good, but once Homer gets on the island it becomes awfull. It also seemed pretty poor storytelling that the family simply allowed fake Homer to live in their house

Large Marge: The entire Marge plot was terribad imo, and the subplot wasn't great either. Its unbelievable that Marge would show her fake boobs in front of her children

Welcome To Praiseland: Simply a very boring episode. The only good scenes were Praiseland ones where the visitors get dissapointed with the park.

Mommie Beerest: This episode kinda made me hate Moe. Homer was nice enough to loan him 10.000 bucks to reopen his bar, yet he tries to steal his wife. Its hard to believe he's still befriended with Moe after that

Probably more I can't remember

I really dislike Stark Raving Dad, because it seems like it was just made for the guest star. Once Homer meets Leon in the institution, Homer's entire plot is dropped and it's just about Bart writing the song. They could have made some really good jokes with the idea of Homer in a mental institution, but they didn't. I have to admit that I think the song is catchy, though.

Children of a Lesser Clod - Spare Bill Cosby's Pokemon rant, this episode is absolutely awful. The lack of low ratings in the R&R polls shocks me, to say the least.

Completely in agreement. It's terrible, from Jerkass Homer's contempt for his own kids, to the horrendous attempts at gags.

I really dislike Stark Raving Dad, because it seems like it was just made for the guest star. Once Homer meets Leon in the institution, Homer's entire plot is dropped and it's just about Bart writing the song. They could have made some really good jokes with the idea of Homer in a mental institution, but they didn't. I have to admit that I think the song is catchy, though.

If the plot was made just for the guest star, they would have had Michael Jackson arrive in all his glory, like a certain Season 23 finale. Instead, MJ wasn't even playing himself, instead a guy that is "white", "300 lbs" and "dressed without flair".

If the plot was made just for the guest star, they would have had Michael Jackson arrive in all his glory, like a certain Season 23 finale. Instead, MJ wasn't even playing himself, instead a guy that is "white", "300 lbs" and "dressed without flair".

That's not what I meant. They focused too much on him instead of a plot that had some real potential. I liked the Micheal Jackson scenes, but they should have saved them for a different episode.

That's not what I meant. They focused too much on him instead of a plot that had some real potential. I liked the Micheal Jackson scenes, but they should have saved them for a different episode.

Well, the Homer plot had been resolved (since it turned out he wasn't insane). It was from that Homer plot that we met Leon (in a mental asylum for thinking he was MJ), and Leon played a part in the Bart/Lisa birthday story, which was established in the first scene of the episode, well before Leon was introduced.

Well, the Homer plot had been resolved (since it turned out he wasn't insane). It was from that Homer plot that we met Leon (in a mental asylum for thinking he was MJ), and Leon played a part in the Bart/Lisa birthday story, which was established in the first scene of the episode, well before Leon was introduced.

It didn't have a satisfying conclusion, though. It ended very abruptly.

All's Fair in Oven War is one of the worst episodes ever. The fact most people think of it as forgettable is being far too lenient on it.
All About Lisa—Almost a carbon copy of Bart Gets Famous, coupled with a boring, pointless subplot.
Wait, there are people that don't hate that episode?

All's Fair in Oven War is extremely dull, with an uninteresting main plot and an out-of-character Bart in the subplot.

(So if Bart's never read Playdude before, why is one lying under his bed in Brother From the Same Planet?)

In fact, what was that Playdude doing under Bart's bed anyway?

I don't know that I have any. But the general tone of this thread reminds me of something:

throne1.jpg

I also think Smart and Smarter should be hated more. It was embarrassing. And that episode where Homer becomes a celebratory choreographer to all the different sports people. That was everything wrong with current Simpsons, condensed into one episode.

I don't get it.

The sith rely on hatred for their strength. Palpatine in particular urges Luke throughout to give into his anger, his hatred. I just found it humorous how Palpatine would probably be all like "good, good" if he read this thread. There's a Family Guy episode that kinda references what I mean too, but really it was just something I found humorous.

Back