Episodes with recycled scenes (No clip episodes)

AnthonyNoHomers70100

Stonecutter
there are some The Simpsons episodes with recycled scenes from previous episodes and I'm not referring to the clip episodes like "So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show" and "Gump Roast". For example: The episode "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" contains a recycled scene from "Kamp Krusty". But is not the only recycled scene, there are many in other episodes.

Lisa still has the mumps from Bart's Dog Gets An F in Lisa's Pony

Homer sits on the beanbag chair in the rumpus room from Three Men And A Comic Book in Brother From The Same Planet.

Homer on hold crying from Saturdays Of Thunder was used at least once more

Homer sitting on the couch, watching TV and eating pork rinds during the end credits of 'One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish' is taken directly from a season 1 episode ('The Telltale Head', I think it was), only looped and with the part of him choking cut out.

And

Homer sits on the beanbag chair in the rumpus room from Three Men And A Comic Book in Brother From The Same Planet.

And a recycled scene from "Bart the General" in "Lisa's Pony", but with Lisa instead of Bart. where Homer dry tears with a hair dryer in the bathroom.

There's the infamous recycled opening bit of Bart watching Booberella on the couch from both I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can and The Monkey Suit. They even recycle the "back to school / summer's ending" dynamic in both scenes.

@Brad Lascelle, Haven't watched that episode in forever, but I believe they say in the commentary that it's usage in I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can was cut from that episode for time but found life in The Monkey Suit because that one ran short.

An example of recycled scenes I can give if it counts is Stark Raving Dad when they show everyone being told about Michael Jackson coming and some of the shots are from earlier episodes.

I also noticed that the scene animated for "Bart's Dog Gets an F" seen in the episode "Lisa's Pony" also had Homer wearing those "Assassins" shoes that later were destroyed by Santa's Little Helper before being enrolled in the obedience school.

A scene from the episode "Homer's Barbershop Quartet" where the Grampa Abraham Simpson is hearing radio, was recycled at end of the episode "'Round Springfield".

Back