Duncanville General Discussion

Also, I have a feeling that 'The Dudliest Catch' will probably be a yet another Kimberly episode, unless if Kimberly finds a new boyfriend named Dudley, so who knows for sure, you know?

It just occurred to me...I think I know why they wanted to hold back six, as opposed to, say, three or four, episodes. There's a new Emmy rule starting next year where you need six episodes to premiere between June 1 and May 31 to be considered a "series." (The old rule allowed one or two episodes of a series to air outside of the dates.)

It just occurred to me...I think I know why they wanted to hold back six, as opposed to, say, three or four, episodes. There's a new Emmy rule starting next year where you need six episodes to premiere between June 1 and May 31 to be considered a "series." (The old rule allowed one or two episodes of a series to air outside of the dates.)
Mike told me that Fox was only gonna hold over four for next season if they were renewed, but thinking that makes sense now. Will be interesting to see which one they pick, but then again Bless the Harts didn’t submit anything this year and they had two eligible episodes.

Mike told me that Fox was only gonna hold over four for next season if they were renewed, but thinking that makes sense now. Will be interesting to see which one they pick, but then again Bless the Harts didn’t submit anything this year and they had two eligible episodes.
2021 was under the old "hanging episodes" rule, where if you have two episodes at the end of the season airing after 5/31, they are considered part of the previous season, so I don't think they were eligible for 2022.

Despite that Duncanville was cancelled from FOX, the writers have been revealed for 3LAZ08 to 3LAZ10 in the WGA Directories website somehow. For example, Sara Scully is the writer for 'The Young and the Bexless'. Meanwhile, Julie Thacker Scully will be the writer for 'Witch Day 3', and Nick Mandernach & Anthony Gioe will both be the writers for 'The Dudliest Catch':

1659977841638.png

Writers for episodes 311-313 of Duncanville - Aseem Batra (The Pursuit of Daddyness), Aaron Lee (The Sharent Trap), Jerron Horton (Ditch Mitch or Die Trying)

Directors for 311-313, likely the same as 307, 304, and 305.

Good news! The next SIX final upcoming episodes for the third production season of Duncanville will both air on October 18th. Which means the some of us will finally get to see Duncan and Mia's first kiss at some point

1662243184657.png

The last six episode plot summaries and order have been revealed.

Cover art for S3 E11 • The Young and the Bexless.

The Young and the Bexless​

After getting some “cosmetic tweaks”, Annie and Jack act like they’re in their twenties again. Bex has an identity crisis when her class votes someone else Class Clown.
Cover art for S3 E12 • Witch Day 3.

Witch Day 3​

It's Witch Day again! Annie gets a visit from one of her ancestors, while Duncan and his friends get blackmailed by a psychopath!
Cover art for S3 E13 • The Dudliest Catch.

The Dudliest Catch​

Duncan's first kiss with Mia doesn't go as planned. Jing develops a love for insult comedy after Annie and Jack show her their favorite 80s cartoon.
Cover art for S3 E14 • Ditch Mitch or Die Trying.

Ditch Mitch or Die Trying (last episode produced)​

Annie and Jack befriend Mr. Mitch to help him through a tough breakup. Mayor Jen aggressively pursues Kimberly and Jing because they refused to pick up their dog’s poop.
Cover art for S3 E15 • The Pursuit of Daddyness.

The Pursuit of Daddyness​

Jack takes Bryce on a ‘parent Training Day’ and their greatest challenge is confronting Kimberly’s bullies. Duncan becomes obsessed with homemaking after Annie shows him some basic life skills.
Cover art for S3 E16 • The Sharent Trap.

The Sharent Trap​

Annie and Jack join up with senior motorcycle enthusiasts after their kids tell them to get a life of their own. Duncan and Kimberly take over Jing’s school play, putting up a gritty rendition of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

I knew 'The Pursuit of Daddyness' would be a Jack episode, so I guess I was obviously right

Well, I feel as though that Season 4 probably should've happened for Duncanville this year, but... Then again, it's too late since this show's already cancelled, so... Yeah, R.I.P. to this show, it's already sad to see that go after three seasons, plus I guess this is why Mike Scully probably decided to return to The Simpsons after S3 of Duncanville. ☹ I will admit, I regret about saying that I didn't care if Duncanville would be cancelled, it's just that I was disappointed that Duncanville would be cancelled after 3 seasons, that's all

I know it's been 6 months since this thread was active, but sometime before this show got cancelled last year, I just thought up of the episode title ideas for a Season 4 (if that would've happened) for Duncanville, so... Here are the Season 4 episode title ideas I thought up for Duncanville

1. Too Cool for School

2. Into the Annie-verse

3. Wild Jing

4. Superpower Rangers

5. Opposites A-Jack

6. And Then There's Gum

7. Witch Day 4

8. Kimberella

9. The Stan Who Came to Dinner

10. Mr. Mitch Rides Again

11. The Pixelated Truth

12. Dick the Halls

13. The New Bradley

Last edited:
So yeah, and if anyone asks me, 'Kimberella' would be a reference to the Cinderella movie. If only Duncanville should've had Season 4 instead of being cancelled after three seasons

Duncanville simply didn’t catch on same like Bless the Harts. While I do think BTH was the far better show Duncanville was quite entertaining. Both are better than stuff like Housebroken. And Grimsburg is off to a poor start so we’ll see how that one goes. Krapopolis is improving a bit. Hopefully season 2 is much better.

Back