Do you think The Simpsons will make it to 1000 episodes?

ajsmith1234

Junior Camper
They will hit 700 episodes this season, so they’re well over the halfway mark. Think they’ll make it to 4 figures?

If the show isn't cancelled sometime within the next 12 months, I'm resigned to the fact that it will go on forever and produce well beyond 1,000 episodes.

Fun fact... if they stick with 22 aired episodes/season (and a reduced 15-episode production cycle for Season 34), they'd wrap things up at the end of that season with a tidy round number of 750. To get to 1,000 episodes, what the OP is asking is whether we'll get to Season 46.

Do I believe we'll get to a Season 46? When Harry Shearer will be 91, Julie Kavner will be 84, Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright will both be 77 (fun fact #2, they were born 4 days apart), Al Jean will be 74, Hank Azaria will be 71 and Yeardley Smith will be 70?

No, I do not.

Fun fact... if they stick with 22 aired episodes/season (and a reduced 15-episode production cycle for Season 34), they'd wrap things up at the end of that season with a tidy round number of 750. To get to 1,000 episodes, what the OP is asking is whether we'll get to Season 46.

Do I believe we'll get to a Season 46? When Harry Shearer will be 91, Julie Kavner will be 84, Dan Castellaneta and Nancy Cartwright will both be 77 (fun fact #2, they were born 4 days apart), Al Jean will be 74, Hank Azaria will be 71 and Yeardley Smith will be 70?

No, I do not.

They can replace them, and no one can tell the diddley-ifference.
They've been recasting characters, so it's possible.

No, because the show would have to run at least 13 more seasons, and I have a feeling either one of the main six voice actors will die by then, or one of the actors that does too many voices to replace will leave the show before then, and if either of those happens, nobody is going to be very interested in continuing the show.
Then again, maybe it will hit 1000 if it takes a few years off and then is rebooted, the way, say, The Jetsons was.

Well, let's go on possible milestones (without even) looking on voice actors ages). Futher, personal futuristic-fantastic opinions:P
750 - season 34 finale (2023) - 99% possibility (if the show will renew this year for at least 2 more seasons) - Selman, who' ll be 51, will have 14 episodes
800 - season 37, ep 6 (2025) - 75% possibility by today (the show must rich 700 and then lasts for 3 more seasons, at least) - Selman 17eps, Jean 5 (the latter will be 64 and slowly probably going to retire)
850 - season 39, ep 12 (2028) - 44% by today (I even don't imagine possible rarings:oops:) - Jean produced his last episode (i mean the last "Jean-runned" episode during season 38 holdover) and in better case just concentrate on writing. I'm sure some of recasting over voice actors
900 - season 41, ep q18 (2030) - 13% (just to take more monney from franchise) - All episodes (runned by Selman only) are on the levrl of season 22-23 Jean mess. Most of the current writers/directors, some senior voice actors are retired. But that season still possible, by today's view.

And in one perfect moment (before 950 even) show need to end on a high note and series finale is that Christmas loop Al Jean mentioned. THE END:lol:

So, the answer: NO, there won't be 1000 episode, OR if there will be 1000 just to rich nice number, season 46, ep.10, probably last episode of 2034 and possible series finale, but the quality will be… let's just say worse than now (1990ths origins will be forgotten)

Remember that post:D That was funny to write it.:)

(if you're reading this in some future time, like this post and laugh of what happened and what not;))

While I understand why some think it will reach that far, I really doubt that it will get up to that point in the end (even if it will stop being a network show and become a streaming show on Disney+), but I'm guessing there might be a spin-off, new Springfield show(maybe centered around a new set of characters) or just a good old fashioned reboot since I have a hard time believing the world of Springfield will ever truly die.

Please!! Hell no!! I pray to God no. One of the voice actors will be dead and they should do a spin off with just the kids grown up. One more season and do the spin off.

Why do so many people want a spin-off??? I just want the show to go out with a hour long finale or a new movie, and then bury it forever.

i don't want a spinoff but if it means the series itself can end then i'm ok with that. at least a spinoff you can disconnect from the actual show

For all of the spinoff chatter here, I'm of the mindset that if one was in the cards it would've happened already. Countless other animated properties have received the spinoff treatment since the show's debut back in 1989 but The Simpsons haven't had a one. (And no Futurama doesn't qualify.)

That said, an eventual reboot is inevitable.

I'm not ruling anything out at this point. It could happen. It might take years, but a decade ago, I'm sure no one thought it would reach 700 episodes.

Then again, if one of the main voice actors dies, I don't know if they'll keep going.

That said, an eventual reboot is inevitable.

giphy.gif

You know, I have a feeling that The Simpsons might get renewed for another two more seasons again in the next two years after Season 34 (or somewhere during the middle of Season 34) to be exact

Last edited:
They should end at 750 episodes which is a nice number.

I don't know, I think The Simpsons might end at 757 episodes. Although, I have the feeling that there's probably gonna be more than 757 episodes, unless The Simpsons might get renewed again for Seasons 35 and 36 in the next two years, but only time will tell

The main season number would end at 750, if there is no Season 35, however if the 7 holdovers get aired in the off-season then it would be 757. Also, Treehouse Of Horror's could continue after cancellation, so that final number isn't final yet.

I know it's been about a year since we've been to this thread, but hey, once after we reach the 750th episode in the end of Season 34 next year, I have a feeling that The Simpsons could possibly do the 800th episode in the future next afterwards. So other than yet though, we'll see... (hopefully someday in the future perhaps, fingers crossed)

They're hitting 800 episodes with their next full two season production re-order green light... and we've been given every indication that's a foregone conclusion right now.

As for what happens beyond that, I will say that the pushback to character recasting - apart from KMR's Hibbert impersonation, which I honestly feel has gotten much better of late - has been virtually non-existent.

As cool and interesting as it would be for the series to go to 1,000 episodes, I'm not sure if it will make it that far, especially with the VAs aging (which you can hear with Julie Kavner's voice, not disrespect to her or anything as she has done a brilliant job at voicing Marge imo, but it is noticeable).

I just can't see them passing 1000 episodes. Maybe 800, but as there has been a drop in ratings, I think it just might be over in a few years. There will probably be at least 3 more Seasons after this one is done, though I could be wrong.

Back