Do you like your voice?

Do you like your voice?

• Total voters

LukeMM95

Edgy McEdgeEdge
Recently I've been recording myself for a video review I plan on making. But it's not going all that great. I mumble a lot and I often slur my words. It just sounds kind of awkward right now but who knows, maybe it will sound better as I go on. I also feel this way whenever I watch myself in a home video.

So what about your voice?

I'm okay with it enough much of the time, but there are occasions where I accidentally slur or say words in a stupid way. I can't help how it sounds like, so I can't complain too much.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone really likes hearing their voice played back because we perceive them differently during the period of time when we're actually speaking. I can put up with it to a degree but hearing too much of it would make me cringe.

ugh tonight at work I have to listen to five of my own phone calls

I'm not even nervous about my performance review, I do not want to hear myself on one call let alone five

thanks for reminding me, thread :(

not particularly
I get mistaken for my mom on the phone more often than any grown man should

Not really. As a kid I sometimes got made fun of for having a nasally voice. Even now my friends sometimes imitate me, making me sound like Squidward. -_- I've never found that funny; it's something I'm pretty insecure about.

I used to severely dislike my voice, now I only moderately dislike it.

Nah, not really. Even after doing so many videos and podcasts by now am I even close to getting used to it.

I hate it. It's gravelly and not good for public speaking at all, which unfortunately is something that comes with my future career prospects.

I've grown out of actively "hating" it, but I think I sound like a boy which is frustrating. Probably has something to do with years of being told I sound like a little boy from people online and on multiplayer games, ay? This is why I barely mic.

Husband tells me often how he enjoys my voice which helps quell my dislike, and he has clued me into some interesting differences/similarities between my mom's voice and mine. Essentially, I sound just like her without the 30+ years of smoking having affected the timbre.

Obviously, I wish my voice had never cracked, but I guess it sounds okay for what it is. I try to speak femininely and it doesn't feel terribly out of whack.

It sounds good on my head when I'm speaking, but then I hear it on a video/audio and think "oh god, is this really what people hear when I speak?". Which seems to be normal, I have yet to meet a person who has said "damn, my voice is great" after hearing it recorded.

My voice is too in-between. I complain about my "tomboy voice", meaning in cartoons, the tomboy character will almost always have a voice just like mine... not deep, just in-between and kinda husky. I wish I either had a smooth, deep voice or a girly-femme higher voice.

My voice is too in-between. I complain about my "tomboy voice", meaning in cartoons, the tomboy character will almost always have a voice just like mine... not deep, just in-between and kinda husky. I wish I either had a smooth, deep voice or a girly-femme higher voice.

Kinda like Laura Powers? Trying to get a sense of it in my head.

Does anyone here actually like their own voice?

It's perfectly normal to not like the way your voice sounds on recording, I think. But does anyone actually like it?

I knew a guy who liked his own voice so much he had to pursue his dream of being on the radio. I personally find his voice annoying beyond belief :P

Back