Do you like your voice?

Do you like your voice?

• Total voters

LukeMM95

Edgy McEdgeEdge
Recently I've been recording myself for a video review I plan on making. But it's not going all that great. I mumble a lot and I often slur my words. It just sounds kind of awkward right now but who knows, maybe it will sound better as I go on. I also feel this way whenever I watch myself in a home video.

So what about your voice?

AChristmasCarol(w/oCarol)

Ghost From Sitcom Past
I'm okay with it enough much of the time, but there are occasions where I accidentally slur or say words in a stupid way. I can't help how it sounds like, so I can't complain too much.

Last edited:

Shaunbadia

Resident Relic of Problematic Periods
Global Moderator
I don't think anyone really likes hearing their voice played back because we perceive them differently during the period of time when we're actually speaking. I can put up with it to a degree but hearing too much of it would make me cringe.

Ryan

hoot
ugh tonight at work I have to listen to five of my own phone calls

I'm not even nervous about my performance review, I do not want to hear myself on one call let alone five

thanks for reminding me, thread :(

hutz

I'm a real user of women
Global Moderator
not particularly
I get mistaken for my mom on the phone more often than any grown man should

Nitsy

Not Forgotten
Not really. As a kid I sometimes got made fun of for having a nasally voice. Even now my friends sometimes imitate me, making me sound like Squidward. -_- I've never found that funny; it's something I'm pretty insecure about.

Irvine

Hired Goon
I used to severely dislike my voice, now I only moderately dislike it.

Jims

I'm Bartman.
Nah, not really. Even after doing so many videos and podcasts by now am I even close to getting used to it.

Sweet_Potatoes

Azarath metrion zinthos!
I hate it. It's gravelly and not good for public speaking at all, which unfortunately is something that comes with my future career prospects.

kupomog

d=(^_^)z
Administrator
I've grown out of actively "hating" it, but I think I sound like a boy which is frustrating. Probably has something to do with years of being told I sound like a little boy from people online and on multiplayer games, ay? This is why I barely mic.

Husband tells me often how he enjoys my voice which helps quell my dislike, and he has clued me into some interesting differences/similarities between my mom's voice and mine. Essentially, I sound just like her without the 30+ years of smoking having affected the timbre.

Infinity183

Nature's Cruelest Mistake
Obviously, I wish my voice had never cracked, but I guess it sounds okay for what it is. I try to speak femininely and it doesn't feel terribly out of whack.

The Monorail

Wanting to switch seats
It sounds good on my head when I'm speaking, but then I hear it on a video/audio and think "oh god, is this really what people hear when I speak?". Which seems to be normal, I have yet to meet a person who has said "damn, my voice is great" after hearing it recorded.

ThatsAPaddlin

Your Deer Friend
My voice is too in-between. I complain about my "tomboy voice", meaning in cartoons, the tomboy character will almost always have a voice just like mine... not deep, just in-between and kinda husky. I wish I either had a smooth, deep voice or a girly-femme higher voice.

DoctorMcGann

Mobster
My voice is too in-between. I complain about my "tomboy voice", meaning in cartoons, the tomboy character will almost always have a voice just like mine... not deep, just in-between and kinda husky. I wish I either had a smooth, deep voice or a girly-femme higher voice.

Kinda like Laura Powers? Trying to get a sense of it in my head.

Nitsy

Not Forgotten
Does anyone here actually like their own voice?

It's perfectly normal to not like the way your voice sounds on recording, I think. But does anyone actually like it?

I knew a guy who liked his own voice so much he had to pursue his dream of being on the radio. I personally find his voice annoying beyond belief :P