Do you have the Season DVD/Blu-ray Boxsets?

My DVD is a weird mish-mash. The back cover text is in French (Except for the episode titles), and the episode descriptions are in Dutch (Though the quote highlights are still English). I'd say it's still worth it if you really want to own it at all cost, but you decide for yourself.

Unfortunately Australia is region 4, so it would surprise me if it worked on a region 2 player.

Last edited:
Ah, looked into it and you're right about the Australian DVD region. Apparently the UK/Aus shares a blu ray region so that must've been what was confusing me. Maybe I should look into a German or Dutch copy after all...

I have the season box sets from seasons 1 to 17 and season 20. Simpsons Gone Wild DVD, The Simpsons Kiss and Tell: The Story of Their Love DVD as well as Simpsons Christmas 2 DVD.

I have 1-12/18/19 on DVD, and 13-17/20 on Blu-ray. I also have a bunch of the different compilations (Too Hot For TV, TheSimpsons.Com, Kiss and Tell, etc) which were the easiest way to get the Scully-era and early Jean-era episodes before those seasons came out.

Seasons 7 and 8 I have in the head packaging, the rest are in the traditional style boxes (except for the Blu-rays which were only released in plastic cases).

Ah, looked into it and you're right about the Australian DVD region. Apparently the UK/Aus shares a blu ray region so that must've been what was confusing me. Maybe I should look into a German or Dutch copy after all...

Weirdly, some of the earlier Simpsons and Futurama seasons were released with discs that are encoded for both Region 2 and 4. In Australia, the fold-out cases were used only for the first runs of Seasons 1 - 5 and were eventually replaced with two plastic cases inside the cardboard slipcase (which no longer had the cutout in the TV). I only got into collecting the DVDs once these were already changed, so I imported the R2 releases which still used the original box style once I found out about the discs being dual region. I do believe they may have stopped multi-region encoding by the time S20 came out though.

Weirdly, some of the earlier Simpsons and Futurama seasons were released with discs that are encoded for both Region 2 and 4. In Australia, the fold-out cases were used only for the first runs of Seasons 1 - 5 and were eventually replaced with two plastic cases inside the cardboard slipcase (which no longer had the cutout in the TV). I only got into collecting the DVDs once these were already changed, so I imported the R2 releases which still used the original box style once I found out about the discs being dual region. I do believe they may have stopped multi-region encoding by the time S20 came out though.
I must say those reprints of 1-5 do sound inferior and I'd have definitely done the same thing with importing the original styles in your position. Shame they stopped the multi-region stuff as it went on though. Honestly, I just don't understand why they never released 20 in the UK in the first place.

Back