Do you feel "dirty" or "wrong" when you enjoy an episode from a post-classic season?

Cybercubed

Junior Camper
Do you feel "dirty" or "wrong" when you enjoy an episode from a post-classic season?

On other forums I go to or any place that discusses TV shows, whenever I say I enjoyed episodes or a certain season after around Season 9, they say, "Is there something wrong with you? Simpsons has sucked for the last 15 years....nothing after Seasons 9 or 10 is worth watching!"

I of course agree the majority of the show has turned to crap, but each post-classic season still has a number of great episodes that shouldn't be missed just because they aired after the initial heyday of the show. So I ask you, nohomers, when you enjoy an episode from a post-classic season, do you feel "dirty" or "wrong" about it? Does it feel like you're only enjoying a mediocre episode because it stands out among other terrible episodes, or is the episode truly good that can compare with the classics?

I only feel dirty or wrong when I enjoy a Tim Long episode. Other episodes I have no qualms about raving about or treating as guilty pleasures.
(Confession time... I enjoyed Lady Gaga's voicework in Lisa Goes Gaga. Ditto for the music. And I'm not one of her fans.)

Everything else about the episode was awful, though.

Absolutely not. If I enjoy a post-classic episode, I feel that it has merits and that there's a reason I enjoy it. I don't give a fuck about what other people say; if I like an episode, I like it, and I have no problem with liking it.

So I ask you, nohomers, when you enjoy an episode from a post-classic season, do you feel "dirty" or "wrong" about it? Does it feel like you're only enjoying a mediocre episode because it stands out among other terrible episodes, or is the episode truly good that can compare with the classics?

Of course not. I have enough self-respect to realize I don't need to justify why I enjoy the show, no matter which season or episode.

Only shallow folks concerned with being popular would really feel this way, and unlike Homer Simpson's beliefs, I believe being popular is the least important thing in this world.

To me, an episode like Dangers on a Train (this year's finale) is every bit as meaningful as a classic episode, and can easily compare in every aspect, whether it's animation, voice acting, writing, story, character, emotion, entertainment, and everything else.

I don't get this question in general. I feel like anyone who would actively feel "dirty" about liking a new Simpsons episode needs to seriously examine their own biases and expectations.

If anything, I feel even more joy than usual when The Simpsons managed to knock one out of the park.

Honestly, I want to still enjoy The Simpsons, so I don't feel wrong when a Homer the Father or Book Job comes along and I actually find myself enjoying the show. It's true the show's current standards are depressingly low, but if an episode actually deserves it, then I have no problem with liking it.

The guy who made this thread made it sound like if you watch a new simpsons episode it's equivalent to being violated or raped. "Dirty" and "wrong." Really? Interesting way to phrase that. :lol:

I actually enjoy quite a few episodes post-season 9; A Tale of Two Springfields, Weekend at Burnsies, Behind the Laughter and one of my favorites overall Wild Barts Can't Be Broken. So no I never feel dirty, actually the opposite, I find some of them to be endearing and great episodes.

There's absolutely no problem with enjoying an episode you legitimately like. I'd feel satisfied after watching a good episode from any era.

That's pretty crazy. I blame all this peer pressure from these boards hating the new seasons.

And society.

I hate the show because it isn't funny anymore. I wish it were still funny. If an episode is made which is actually good then I'm thrilled.

I adore a lot of post-classic episodes. A good episode is a good episode regardless of when it was made.

Besides, how could I possibly feel dirty or wrong when I have no shame?

No, not at all. If I enjoy a simpsons episode, I enjoy it. It doesn't matter what era or season it's from, I'll have my own opinion on the episode. Like I don't feel evil when I dislike a classic era episode.

not at all, if i like a ost-classic episode I like it and period. is just that i enjoy it in a different way than i enjoy a classic episode. is the same when it comes to movies, my all time favorite movie is The Godfather, which is considered the greatest film ever by many, but i also enjoy The Fast and Furious series, which on the other hand some people consider silly and stupid, but i feel no shame of saying i really like those movies, they are just fun to watch, but obviously not at the same level of the former movie i mentioned.

There have been a few episodes from the past few seasons that I have liked but then upon a second viewing I realized they were bad and felt a little ashamed of myself for originally liking it.

Not at all. I have no problem with admitting that even though season 24 were pretty mediocre overall, that there were still several episodes i enjoyed. There are even several season 11 episodes i like but i dont have any problem with admitting that either. So yeah, a good episode is a good episode regardless of the era it was made in. Ofcourse i will not defend crap like Simpson Safari and Love Is A Many Splintered thing. But when an episode l really like airs. (Holidays Of Future Passed, Treehouse Of Horror XXIII etc) I have no problem with admitting that. So no i have no problem with saying that i still enjoy several post-classic episodes even if they are not as good as season 1-9.

Back