Do you feel "dirty" or "wrong" when you enjoy an episode from a post-classic season?

Cybercubed

Junior Camper
Do you feel "dirty" or "wrong" when you enjoy an episode from a post-classic season?

On other forums I go to or any place that discusses TV shows, whenever I say I enjoyed episodes or a certain season after around Season 9, they say, "Is there something wrong with you? Simpsons has sucked for the last 15 years....nothing after Seasons 9 or 10 is worth watching!"

I of course agree the majority of the show has turned to crap, but each post-classic season still has a number of great episodes that shouldn't be missed just because they aired after the initial heyday of the show. So I ask you, nohomers, when you enjoy an episode from a post-classic season, do you feel "dirty" or "wrong" about it? Does it feel like you're only enjoying a mediocre episode because it stands out among other terrible episodes, or is the episode truly good that can compare with the classics?

Brad Lascelle

A Fixture in Online Simpsons Fandom Since '93
I only feel dirty or wrong when I enjoy a Tim Long episode. Other episodes I have no qualms about raving about or treating as guilty pleasures.
(Confession time... I enjoyed Lady Gaga's voicework in Lisa Goes Gaga. Ditto for the music. And I'm not one of her fans.)

Everything else about the episode was awful, though.

Financial Panther

Shauna stan
Global Moderator
Absolutely not. If I enjoy a post-classic episode, I feel that it has merits and that there's a reason I enjoy it. I don't give a fuck about what other people say; if I like an episode, I like it, and I have no problem with liking it.

jbauer

We're out of time.
So I ask you, nohomers, when you enjoy an episode from a post-classic season, do you feel "dirty" or "wrong" about it? Does it feel like you're only enjoying a mediocre episode because it stands out among other terrible episodes, or is the episode truly good that can compare with the classics?

Of course not. I have enough self-respect to realize I don't need to justify why I enjoy the show, no matter which season or episode.

Only shallow folks concerned with being popular would really feel this way, and unlike Homer Simpson's beliefs, I believe being popular is the least important thing in this world.

To me, an episode like Dangers on a Train (this year's finale) is every bit as meaningful as a classic episode, and can easily compare in every aspect, whether it's animation, voice acting, writing, story, character, emotion, entertainment, and everything else.

Jims

I'm Bartman.
I don't get this question in general. I feel like anyone who would actively feel "dirty" about liking a new Simpsons episode needs to seriously examine their own biases and expectations.

If anything, I feel even more joy than usual when The Simpsons managed to knock one out of the park.

Infinity183

Nature's Cruelest Mistake
Honestly, I want to still enjoy The Simpsons, so I don't feel wrong when a Homer the Father or Book Job comes along and I actually find myself enjoying the show. It's true the show's current standards are depressingly low, but if an episode actually deserves it, then I have no problem with liking it.

Swoony

Just pity laugh
The guy who made this thread made it sound like if you watch a new simpsons episode it's equivalent to being violated or raped. "Dirty" and "wrong." Really? Interesting way to phrase that. :lol:

I actually enjoy quite a few episodes post-season 9; A Tale of Two Springfields, Weekend at Burnsies, Behind the Laughter and one of my favorites overall Wild Barts Can't Be Broken. So no I never feel dirty, actually the opposite, I find some of them to be endearing and great episodes.

Robotics

魔女旅人
There's absolutely no problem with enjoying an episode you legitimately like. I'd feel satisfied after watching a good episode from any era.

Haoie

Stonecutter
That's pretty crazy. I blame all this peer pressure from these boards hating the new seasons.

And society.

Gran2

That's a bloody outrage
I hate the show because it isn't funny anymore. I wish it were still funny. If an episode is made which is actually good then I'm thrilled.

Smiling Politely

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
I adore a lot of post-classic episodes. A good episode is a good episode regardless of when it was made.

Besides, how could I possibly feel dirty or wrong when I have no shame?

AngusCastle

Perfect Organism
No, not at all. If I enjoy a simpsons episode, I enjoy it. It doesn't matter what era or season it's from, I'll have my own opinion on the episode. Like I don't feel evil when I dislike a classic era episode.

Monty_Burns

Pin Pal
not at all, if i like a ost-classic episode I like it and period. is just that i enjoy it in a different way than i enjoy a classic episode. is the same when it comes to movies, my all time favorite movie is The Godfather, which is considered the greatest film ever by many, but i also enjoy The Fast and Furious series, which on the other hand some people consider silly and stupid, but i feel no shame of saying i really like those movies, they are just fun to watch, but obviously not at the same level of the former movie i mentioned.

Insomnia

coughing up snot
There have been a few episodes from the past few seasons that I have liked but then upon a second viewing I realized they were bad and felt a little ashamed of myself for originally liking it.

Jerkass Homer

Banned
Not at all. I have no problem with admitting that even though season 24 were pretty mediocre overall, that there were still several episodes i enjoyed. There are even several season 11 episodes i like but i dont have any problem with admitting that either. So yeah, a good episode is a good episode regardless of the era it was made in. Ofcourse i will not defend crap like Simpson Safari and Love Is A Many Splintered thing. But when an episode l really like airs. (Holidays Of Future Passed, Treehouse Of Horror XXIII etc) I have no problem with admitting that. So no i have no problem with saying that i still enjoy several post-classic episodes even if they are not as good as season 1-9.