Disney is turning The Simpsons into a kids' cartoon?

AnthonyNoHomers70100

Stonecutter
The Simpsons was always been an adult cartoon, but I think that Disney would be infantilizing the show turning into a TV-Y7 cartoon like that ones that are broadcast on Disney Channel and Disney XD.

I don't want The Simpsons to become a kids' show, it would be like a weird version of Phineas and Ferb and Big City Greens.

I don't really think so, I think the original idea of the show, To portray a seemingly poor, dysfunctional family, Wouldn't work as a kids cartoon. The show still gets TV-14 ratings, I think it will stay an adult cartoon.

I don't really think so, I think the original idea of the show, To portray a seemingly poor, dysfunctional family, Wouldn't work as a kids cartoon. The show still gets TV-14 ratings, I think it will stay an adult cartoon.
But the episode "The Star of the Backstage" looks like an episode from a kids' show.

But the episode "The Star of the Backstage" looks like an episode from a kids' show.
Well, Yes, But we also have the Treehouse of Horror segments, such as "Toy Gory", Which are not exactly made for kids.

I think this was a "Let's try and get the women folks" episode. Kristen Bell, a musical, a marge centric story.

I don't really think it was aimed at kids, I think it's too early to judge Disney's impact after 1 episode.

The Simpsons was always been an adult cartoon, but I think that Disney would be infantilizing the show turning into a TV-Y7 cartoon like that ones that are broadcast on Disney Channel and Disney XD.

I don't want The Simpsons to become a kids' show, it would be like a weird version of Phineas and Ferb and Big City Greens.
How many TV-Y7 shows include alcohol? The show would have to get rid of Moe's. Even a TV-G would be pretty much the kiss of death for the show.

What do you mean TV-G? Isn't that the lowest rating of age? Anything lower than a TV-PG will lose half the audience.

601px-Maggie_Simpson%27s_Book_of_Colors_and_Shapes.jpg

Can't believe the simpsons is being marketed to young children now... d*mn you Disney!!!!!

Well, Every show does that, Doesn't it?
601px-Maggie_Simpson%27s_Book_of_Colors_and_Shapes.jpg

Can't believe the simpsons is being marketed to young children now... d*mn you Disney!!!!!
Doesn't almost every show do that? I found a star trek one of those the other day.

It's an insult to many kids' shows to compare them to current Simpsons. A lot of modern kids' shows are better than The Simpsons. This isn't even a Disney problems, based on the writing and jokes they've been aiming the show at babies and toddlers since the HD era started. Around 10 years ago, the UK voted the Simpsons the best "children's show" of all time. Ratings don't mean much, most average people consider the Simpsons, as a franchise, to be a family show but with jokes adults can appreciate, akin to something like Shrek.

What do you mean TV-G? Isn't that the lowest rating of age? Anything lower than a TV-PG will lose half the audience.
TV-G is the lowest rating for a show not considered to be "primarily targeted at children." I think Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune are TV-G.

It's an insult to many kids' shows to compare them to current Simpsons. A lot of modern kids' shows are better than The Simpsons. This isn't even a Disney problems, based on the writing and jokes they've been aiming the show at babies and toddlers since the HD era started. Around 10 years ago, the UK voted the Simpsons the best "children's show" of all time. Ratings don't mean much, most average people consider the Simpsons, as a franchise, to be a family show but with jokes adults can appreciate, akin to something like Shrek.
A Disney Channel cartoon called "Big City Greens" is considered better than modern Simpsons. Also, Big City Greens like the Simpsons, have a yellow-skinned family as main protagonists.

Last edited:
There have been episodes of the show given the TV-G rating in syndication. Many episodes from the classic years are relatively tame for the show. Weird thing to worry about in this stage of the shows life.

Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls will appear in "Bart's In Jail". It will be the first Disney Channel/XD character to appear on The Simpsons.

There have been episodes of the show given the TV-G rating in syndication. Many episodes from the classic years are relatively tame for the show. Weird thing to worry about in this stage of the shows life.
Which episodes?

Not that I can see, I could see Disney doing a kid friendly spinoff focused on Bart, Lisa and their friends, but not changing the show as it is.

I could see Disney doing a kid friendly spinoff focused on Bart, Lisa and their friends
I wouldn't mind this if the new show had a completely different creative team behind it than the one currently doing the main show, as this alone would certainly mean that the kiddie spinoff would be of superiour quality to its parent show.

I remember back in the 2000s when we had Dish Network, The Simpsons showed up under the children/family category

Well, Some episodes are clearly family-oriented, some are not. So I think the Simpsons
I remember back in the 2000s when we had Dish Network, The Simpsons showed up under the children/family category

are a mix of both.

The TV-14 episodes don't have anything more mature then the normal TV-PG episodes, so I don't get why some episodes get that rating. As for it being for adults or not, I doubt that, it's more of a family show since the humor is for all ages and it isn't specific to adults either because there is a lot of stuff that kids like in the show as well. Not little kids, but like 10 and up. Ain't no adult show compared to other stuff. It's in the same league as like Bob's Burgers, The Great North, and King Of The Hill to name a few.

Back