Did the Moe's Petition Work?

Lisa Lionheart

Big Heart
Like many of you, I signed the 'Moe's Tavern' petition. Do you think it had any influence in the decision to produce the set - or - do you think they planned all along to release the set late in the line in order to renew interest in the figures?

If the petition was actually sent to Playmates (Jeff), yes, I'm sure it did have some influence. Though they obviously wanted to produce this set from the start; they simply ran into a few problems along the way.

Playmates wanted to make Moe's from the very start- they even had mock artwork for the set displayed at Toy Fair 2000. However, all designs have to meet FOX's approval before they go into production and Moe's didn't. FOX just didn't want to make a bar (but gun and beer accessories are a-okay, kiddies). We were informed that in their regular meetings with the FOX liscensing reps that Playmates kept re-proposing the set but were again turned down. So we made the petition. Once it reached 1,000 signatures, we sent it to Playmates and were told that Jeff Trojan (then VP at Playmates) had passed it along to the FOX reps at their next meeting. So they did see it. How much of the decision to produce the set was due to our petitioning is really unknown.

That's great news...maybe we did make a difference.

Maybe, just maybe... it will work with our Government...
Nah, just give me another beer.

Back