Did Homer kill Edna Krabappel?

ajsmith1234

Junior Camper
In the future episode 'Holidays of Future Passed' Flanders states that Homer killed Edna accidentally. Then, in 'The Man Who Grew Too Much' Ned is shown mourning Edna, but the cause of death is not stated. Although 'Holidays of Future Passed' is technically a non -canon episode, within the Simpsons as broadcast the only reason given so far for Edna's death is that Homer killed her. Someone watching the show in order without knowing the production backstory regarding the passing of Marcia Walllace could be forgiven for thinking that Edna's death in 'The Man Who Grew Too Much' is a fulfillment of the future prediction of 'Holidays of Future Passed'. Or have I missed something, and has the show given another explanation for Edna's passing?

Could have been Homer, or it could have been one of his many clones

sigh they should've just retired her fucking character

In the future episode 'Holidays of Future Passed' Flanders states that Homer killed Edna accidentally. Then, in 'The Man Who Grew Too Much' Ned is shown mourning Edna, but the cause of death is not stated. Although 'Holidays of Future Passed' is technically a non -canon episode, within the Simpsons as broadcast the only reason given so far for Edna's death is that Homer killed her. Someone watching the show in order without knowing the production backstory regarding the passing of Marcia Walllace could be forgiven for thinking that Edna's death in 'The Man Who Grew Too Much' is a fulfillment of the future prediction of 'Holidays of Future Passed'. Or have I missed something, and has the show given another explanation for Edna's passing?

I doubt it, but the simpsons have a heck of a habit of predicting the future, I wouldn't be surprised if the Beatles actually end up being cannonized

I hope not. I did find that quote kind of creepy after Marcia's death. I prefer to believe she died in a car accident.

flaming-moes12.png

"Hey, scrumptious, do you want to ignite my drink?"

s09e16_255.jpg

"GEEZ HOMA, YOU REALLY SET HER ON FIRE THERE"

back on topic

when we last saw edna, she was demonstrating some sick, physically strenuous dance moves, so i think she died from a hemorrhage or something

but let's consider ned's black armband, assumed to be a symbol of his grief but perhaps a sign that he was doing smack with edna and she od'd

would you rather they also write out troy mcclure as like drowning while trying to fuck a fish or something

Well they're still in crowd scenes, and I'm fine with that. Edna was a much more major character, and simply retiring her wouldn't work as well.

killing off a character in a show after the actor died seems pretty disrespectful to me, but I realize I'm talking to the person that wants this show to outlive its main actors so why am I even bothering discussing this with you

also I would consider troy mcclure and lionel hutz about as essential to the show as edna. they both have episode revolving around them, including little bits here and there

Well to be fair the whole Krabappel retirement/death is a mess anyway. She just suddenly disappeared with a quick scene that sort of hints at her death. Close enough for season 25 Simpsons I guess.

Back