Couch Scenes

I've always loved the one where Ned Flanders is chained to the wall, and the one where their house is an Escher painting. Those, and the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band parody.

I like the more recent one with matt groening operating the simpsons puppets.

The Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by far is the best. I also like the "Matrix" parody, and the one where they get "painted" on to the couch.

The most overused: The one where the Simpsons are already on the couch and both identical familys are looking at each other, and the infamous one with the high-kicking Rockettes, jugglers, elephants and circus music.

The most original one was the one with the animator(or perhaps it was Groening) flipping the flip book....

The M.C. Escher one is also great.

Smilin'JoeFission said:

The most overused: The one where the Simpsons are already on the couch and both identical familys are looking at each other, and the infamous one with the high-kicking Rockettes, jugglers, elephants and circus music.

That first one was only used for Rosebud
I agree on the second one though, it's used too much AND it's waaay too long!

My favourite is when it says Matt groening at the bottom , then Marge wipes it off , and Matt Groening writes it back on.

With his right hand no less...

And that couch gag from "Rosebud" is only recycled in syndication. I have no idea why they use it so often, or why they replace couch gags in syndication at all.

«WÅRÑÎñG» said:
My favourite is when it says Matt groening at the bottom , then Marge wipes it off , and Matt Groening writes it back on.

what episode is that from?

The one where they come in and SLH is dancing like Snoopy.

The one where they walk into Bart's classroom and the board says "I will not mess with the opening credits."

The one where they jump out of the sailboat painting.

The one where they skateboard onto the couch and Homer falls on his face.

The one where they're all crash test dummies.

The one with the Rocky and Bullwinkle parody.

The one where they see the Flnstones.

The one where they become Harlem Globetrotters.

~lance

The one where they sit on the couch and the giant Monty Python-esque foot comes down and crushes them.

The one where the couch morphs into an alien and swallows them.

The one where their living room is a like a cinema and everyone is watching their TV.

The one where they all rush in, the couch slides away and is replaced by a criminal height chart.

The one with the Rockettes, the acrobats and the elephants. (Classic)

well, the play on escher's "relativity" is my favorite by far. but to be original, i'd have to say that the america onlink parody of aol's crappy service touches near and dear to my heart...

Back