Cars 2

cinco

Pin Pal
synopsis:

Star racecar Lightning McQueen and the incomparable tow truck Mater take their friendship to exciting new places in Cars 2 when they head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world’s fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage. Torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret spy mission, Mater’s action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world. Adding to the fast-paced fun is a colorful new all-car cast that includes secret agents, menacing villains and international racing competitors.

Charlie

this is some friendly
The first Cars was easily my least favourite Pixar film, they could have cut so much out without it affecting the plot, so not really fussed about this. Monsters Inc 2, on the other hand...

Green Man

Golden Boy
yeah, I agree. not really excited about this, but I'll watch it anyway.

TriforceBun

*RIP Marcia Wallace*
Least-anticipated Pixar movie ever.

I'll still see it in theaters, because I do that with every Pixar movie. But man, I can't bring myself to get very excited about this at all.

Adam R

Stonecutter
this is the the next pixar release?

cars was like.... the weakest of theirs by a mile

it had the most spin-offs and merchandise though.

I'm not especially excited but I'm confident the pixar crowd will try their best to put out a decent film. cars is the weakest pixar but it's still a decent enough film. it didn't help that it was their follow up to (probably) the best animated film ever with easily pixar's deepest and most layered plot.

Steve

Stonecutter
Least-anticipated Pixar movie ever.

I'll still see it in theaters, because I do that with every Pixar movie. But man, I can't bring myself to get very excited about this at all.

Yeah same here. Cars is definitely the weakest Pixar film, but it's STILL better than any non-Pixar CG film. It's not bad but just pales in comparison to their other masterpieces.

As for Pixar sequels, I've said this before a hundred times, but I FUCKING WANT AN INCREDIBLES 2 GODDAMMIT. I know it won't happen but gah I want it.

sacrelicious

welcome to my town
Cars just doesn't appeal to the adult population as much as the other pixar films. Kids love the movie and the characters they've created for it, so I expect Cars 2 to be a similar type of movie, with less appeal to our message board crowd than other pixar movies.

Steve

Stonecutter
Yeah, I suppose that might have been a little unfair of me but I guess my overall point was that Pixar is the best at what they do, which I don't think needs to be said anyway. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was awesome, and beautiful in 3D. Cars is certainly better than any of the Dreamworks films. I hear Shrek 1 is good, but I haven't seen it. Honestly never had any interest.

S

Semaj

Not as excited for this as I was for their last few movies. Cars is not as weak as A Bug's Life, I'll give it that much.

I would guess that this secret agent angle is some attempt to get more adults interested in the film. It doesn't sound like they're doing a sequel for sequel's sake.

I'm still concerned about what they have planned beyond Monsters Inc. 2, which I don't think really needs a sequel. They scored big on Toy Story 3, so we may have to take this one film at a time.

Adam R

Stonecutter
Cars is not as weak as A Bug's Life, I'll give it that much.

I was under this impression until I rewatched a bugs life recently. it has this surprisingly dark, realistic tone that was wasted on me as a kid that seems strange in animation of that time. I liked it a lot.

|Mr.Sparkle|

Junior Camper
I really didn't like that teaser, not that any teaser trailers are that great, but this one just seemed very... ehhhh...
either way, I'm interested and I have hope in Pixar that they'll make this movie twice as good as the first movie.

DotheBartman

SuperFriend
I remember seeing "Up" with a group of friends, and we all agreed that "Cars" was by far the weakest Pixar film...but that it was still an entertaining, charming film. Basically, when Pixar fucks up, they make "Cars," which is still a pretty good/decent movie by most other standards. It had a lot of good humor and charming characters, even if it was less interesting than most other Pixar releases.

This is indeed probably my least anticipated Pixar film ever, but I'm still looking forward to it and expecting to enjoy it.

zartok-35

Longhaul trucker who’s homestraight and highwaygay
Sure are alot of sequels in the works. I don't like this. Reminds me of a time when Disney made a bunch of sequels to their movies....

Muskrat

Junior Camper
Yeah, screw Pixar for making a sequel to a movie that made a ton of money. It's not like their last few movies were any good anyway......................oh, wait...

Charlie

this is some friendly
Anyone remember that "What's up with Wall-E?" topic I made? After rewatching Cars only a couple weeks ago I came to the conclusion that this is the movie I should have been bashing in my one and only occurrence of drunk boarding.

Blake

Irreverent Humor Throughout
Eh, Pixar's future line-up isn't wowing me all that much. I just can't get excited for Brave at all. The idea of a princess fairy tale (even with the archery and what not) seems very un-Pixar to me. Mostly looking forward to Monsters 2 since the first was, in my opinion, the funniest Pixar film

Dylan

farmer's market enthusiast
cars wasn't mindblowing or anything, but I remember it not being that bad, and anyway it's not like they only release a film every 3 or 4 years, this is fine.