Cardboard Simpsons Standees

Gatorgod

AddminisGator
Use this thread to post any Studio standees photos you find
I scanned a pic from an old Yeardley Smith magazine interview featuring her posing beside a Lisa Simpson Cardboard studio Standee. I've seen the Simpsons ones in stores a few times. but the ones i saw in the photos with the actors must have been Rare exclusive studio only original art, ..I can not find them anywhere on the web? .. not even the images, and there are Thousands of official Lisa images all over the net.. not to mention the fan based ones,.. but WHERE is this one?
atw7c1.jpg

I connected the available lines, filling in with my imagination where the hidden stuff would logically go to create this crude photo reconstruction... to better help with an image search... Still nothing?? Can anybody dredge this Lisa image up?
6ygpw3.jpg

Last edited:
Use this thread to post any Studio standees photos you find

Git out,.. I sez, Git out yo Rebel flags for these fine Calvin and the Colonel standees.
ABC, Oct 3, 1961 ...26 episodes aired in prime time on Tuesday nights at 8:30pm
calvin-mosher.jpg

Whatever happens to the majority of these standees? Thrown out? Given away to relatives of the staff? Can folks still buy the lot of them?

a few years ago when the beavis and butthead revival was airing(or possibly shortly after it) the f.y.e. at the local mall had a cardboard standee of the duo near the entrance of the store, and it had a price tag on it(think it was a clearance tag actually). can't remember how much it was, but i don't think it was too much.

i know that video game standees and displays are often coveted amongst collectors. a lot of people like to raid gamestop dumpsters looking for such material(there's a ton of videos on youtube, sometimes they even find functional games and consoles), because gs really does throw out most of it. everything from cardboard standees to posters to even the display cabinets that house the demo consoles; for instance when gs moved on from having the wii as a demo to the wii u, those cabinets were often put out back near the dumpsters to go out with the trash, and a lot of people snatched them up. some gamestops like destroying their trash when throwing it out though, which thwarts the efforts of collectors, which is annoying; if you as a company are going to be that wasteful why not let enthusiasts "recycle"(for lack of a better term) the material? lord knows this planet doesn't need more trash.

i remember a few years ago passing by a forever 21 or some similar store that had a very convincing cardboard cutout of katy perry, maybe i should have raided that dumpster...

Last edited:
Back when the first Twilight movie came out, the short-lived FYE in my assfuck-nowhere small town's mall had a life-sized Edward Cullen standup that they eventually put in the window with a $40 sticker... where it sat for over a year, being marked down more and more until it got down to like $15 before quickly disappearing. I had considered buying it when I saw it was that cheap, to make some kind of silly YouTube videos with or maybe give to someone I knew who liked the books as a gag-gift, but I was too slow on the draw.

Then a few years later when Justin Bieber: Never Say Never came to theaters, a different FYE in a mall a few towns away that I was spending a lot of time at put a really smug-looking Bieber cutout in their front window with like a $50 sticker, and it suffered the same fate - it sat in that window untouched for like two years, slowly declining in price until it cost practically nothing, at which point it just wasn't there one day.

Also, funny story, once an ex of mine went out on a date with some guy she met online that quickly turned into a shameful one-night stand once she actually conversed with him over dinner and got back to his house. He was this twentysomething young-republicans college student who came from money so despite lacking a job he owned his own massive house (which she was so shocked by she took pictures of the inside while he wasn't looking) which was crammed wall-to-wall with 90's arcade machines, glass cases full of scantily-clad anime girl statues, and just entire rooms full of complete libraries for just about every console. His living room was something else though - it was stuffed and cluttered with literally dozens of life-sized Master Chief cutouts from every single Halo game, lining the walls and filling the corners of the room, with Halo promo posters all over the wall and at least one full Master Chief suit on a stand. The whole place was like a 13-year-old was given infinite money and the cut-out room just really drove it home. It's perhaps unsurprising that he spent the whole date talking about 4chan memes, giving long speeches about how poor people just need to quit complaining and get jobs, and ranting about how he's a self-proclaimed "Pro-Gamergater" and how he's sick of political correctness and feminism finding its way into video games, while never actually asking her anything about herself. Dude even had a neckbeard and a fucking fedora collection.

Also, funny story, once an ex of mine went out on a date with some guy she met online that quickly turned into a shameful one-night stand once she actually conversed with him over dinner and got back to his house. ... It's perhaps unsurprising that he spent the whole date talking about 4chan memes, giving long speeches about how poor people just need to quit complaining and get jobs, and ranting about how he's a self-proclaimed "Pro-Gamergater" and how he's sick of political correctness and feminism finding its way into video games, while never actually asking her anything about herself. Dude even had a neckbeard and a fucking fedora collection.

I'd have left. Pro-Gamergater, not even once.

What kind of cartoon show are you running if you don't do the obligatory "Cardboard Standee" thing?

Adult Swim does it.... (Bear ..from Harvey Birdman)
me_fred_george.JPG

Famous or forgettable,.. If you wanna play with the big boys.. you gotta do the selfie with the standee!
3882116536_e0e71ac1f2.jpg

these were probs. homemade/unofficial but I recently saw "Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play" at a local theater and they had Homer, Bart and Marge standees in the window- the theater had a bar with Simpsons music playing and crap which was down in the ground a bit so the standees were actually sitting on the windowsill on the inside at street level

With a show like the Simpsons I think theres going to be a lot of different answers and because its been going for so long, peoples favourite character might have changed over the years.

As a kid I think it was Bart, for me but now I have to agree. Homer is the main man I think these days.

If you look back most of the storylines hes had a major influence in, getting dumber as the years have gone on aswell I have to add

With a show like the Simpsons I think theres going to be a lot of different answers and because its been going for so long, peoples favourite character might have changed over the years.

As a kid I think it was Bart, for me but now I have to agree. Homer is the main man I think these days.

If you look back most of the storylines hes had a major influence in, getting dumber as the years have gone on aswell I have to add

wrong thread bro

Back