Breaking Bad

Same here. I'd watch it every day if I could, but school kinda prevents that.

I nearly bought the boxset today when out Christmas shopping, but then I got harangued by a kid collecting for charity dressed as a clown, which made me forget about it. But I've been told it's really good. Might get season 1 off Netflix actually.

Before I started watching BB, I thought no drama show could top The Sopranos in terms of intensity and superb acting. This certainly at least matches it. Although The Sopranos was (imo) at it's best in the first couple of seasons. It went slightly downhill during three and four, but five was excellent. Six was a mixed bag. BB didn't really get going fully (again imo) until Gus, Mike and Saul were introduced in season two. Then seasons three and four were masterpieces. Five is also a masterpiece so far, but it's only halfway done, so we'll see.

hmmm. i still prefer season 2 to seasons 3 and 5 (worst season so far).

Last edited:
Just finished watching the Pilot and wow, just wow. I've a feeling that this will quickly come a favourite. I know it seems odd to say that after just one episode but it was all so incredibly engaging. Plus I may have developed a wee crush on R.J Mitte.

Season 2, especially the middle, is when the shoe got really good for me.

Just finished watching the Pilot and wow, just wow. I've a feeling that this will quickly come a favourite. I know it seems odd to say that after just one episode but it was all so incredibly engaging. Plus I may have developed a wee crush on R.J Mitte.

Don't forget about Jesse. ;)

But yeah i'm really glad you're loving it. Keep us updated. :)

Pretty much how I was when I saw the pilot, [MENTION=47653]Banjo[/MENTION] (except for the wee crush on RJ Mitte).

Season 1 is a little bit soggy in the middle but JUST WAIT until episode 6. You will poop your pants.

I'm curious now, some silly part of me wants to skip ahead, but I won't. Episode 2 is all set up ready to play, I'll report back in an hour.

things you don't want to do with this show:

-skip ahead

-read spoilers

i read some spoilers for the show before i started, and admittedly that didn't really stop the enjoyment of the episodes, but i read some spoilers for the first half of s5 before seeing the episodes, and i really wish i hadn't

I'll definitely avoid what I can for this spoiler wise, as it'd be a shame to ruin such a great show.

Just finished watching Episode 2 and it was quite slow,which isn't such a bad thing. One of the great things about this show is its rich character development and it was fun to get into Jesse, Skyler and Walter a bit more. And as we all know, richer characters leads to a better and engaging story overall so that didn't bother me. I was gonna stick to one episode a night, but I think I'll put Ep. 3 on in a bit and as it's my day off College and I'm not in work tomorrow either so I may aswell try to finish Season One.

Anti-spoiler tip:

Don't Google Image Search any of the main characters. Just don't.

I love the ending of episode 2. Walt is so nonchalant about what just happened. "So there's that."

Not even Walt Junior?

Nah, I won't I suppose the only spoilery thing I know is the head shaving thing but that's not a big loss.

and don't search scenes on youtube. the "related videos" is unforgiving

that goes for any show

and don't search scenes on youtube. the "related videos" is unforgiving

that goes for any show

Oh I definitely won't do that, if I do it'll ruin it for me big time and I would've wasted £9 (Yeah, I got seasons 1-3 cheap). Episode 3 is finished and again it was a bit sluggish but there were some parts that really stood out. For example   Walt killing 'Crazy 8'  and   Walt and Jesse fighting  I think I'll leave episode 4 and the rest til tomorrow 'cause I wanna get some exercise and get the blood flowing through my legs.

one of the best tv viewing experiences of my life was watching the last 6-7 episodes of s3 in a single sitting at night. i kept telling myself "one more" but then i ended up finishing it. it was like 4-5 am by the time i was done. so good though so it was so worth it.

I love the subtle humanization of him setting the table to make up for sleeping in all day

I used to do that all the time.

Badger reminds me so much of a former college mate who dropped out last year, your typical stoner-cum-slacker he was.

Back