Books (those things with words in it)

Fox Executive

the original Sex Pistol
Does anyone still read books these days? If yes, discuss.

I recently read Sipsons and Philosophy. I sorta liked the book, but I think it's more suitable for old fans of the show than for 15-year-old european guys who haven't read the works of Plato and Aristoteles and other Greek dudes.

And I just finished reading a book called The World according to the Simpsons. It showed what perspectives the writers have on different things and how smart the show is. I didn;t really hear anything I haven't heard before, but it was still a lot of fun to read.

I've read the part of "Planet Simpson" on Google books, but no bookstore in town has it and there's no way in hell I'm actually going to order it and pay for it, that's the kind of book you read a little bit out of every time you go to a bookstore

Planet Simpson is an interesting read and you can usually find a copy on eBay for 7-8 bucks easy. I'd say it's worth it.

I have Homer, Marge, Lisa and Bart Library of Wisdom books. I have all the episodes guides and I just recently purchased The Simpsons and Philosophy. The philosophy book is very well done, definitly worth the buy.

I own and have read Planet Simpson. If anything, it's probably too in depth but the references and scenes he uses from the show are highly entertaining. Certainly an interesting read

Seems like I should really check out the Library of Wisdom books...

They're not really that exciting, i have Bart, Homer, Ralph, and Krusty. It has information on the characters, and information on people who know the characters {main ones}, and the character's top and bootm 40 lists. Homer's was good because of "Things That Sound Like Food but Aren't, and "Things that DON'T Sound Like Food but are." My favorite was Bart's because his had pranks you could do in school. But Ralph's and Krusty's are kind mediocre at best

Hello!

I have read a few lines in "Simpsons and philosophy", but I prefer "What's science ever done for us?" it's more interesting for me because it contains a chapter about astronomy.
Philosophy is interesting, too, yes but I'm much more interested in science.
The LOW books are rather funny (o.k., it depends on which character ;) ), but they are more storybooks - tons of pictures, less of text.
I don't want to annoy anyone who likes the LOW books, I love them, but I read them more for relaxing.

I love reading! I've also read a few of the Simpsons books. The most recent one that I've read was the Simpsons Hit the Road comic. I have several more of the comics too, and the first Simpsons guide. I like reading them, but I also read Nancy Cartwright's biography. It was really interesting, I thought.

I have the 2002 Ultimate Simpsons in a big ol" box,it has 3 books,The Simpsons a complete guide to our favorite family,The Simpsons forever and The Simpsons beyond forever.These are great jamed packed books of seasons 1-12.

I've read Planet Simpson. It probably is the best book about the show. But really, if you want (either official or not) a book about the show, it's history etc. there really isn't one. This show has been going 20 years and the only official behind the scenes book is Nancy's autobiography (I think anyway). I would have thought that somebody would have at least written a biography of Jim Brooks or Phil Hartman, but not that I can find.

However, I have recently pre-ordered John Ortved's new book Simpsons Confidential which according to the description is a biography of the show. We shall see.

However, I have recently pre-ordered John Ortved's new book Simpsons Confidential which according to the description is a biography of the show. We shall see.

I received a copy of it the other day (the title has changed to "The Simpsons - An Uncensored, unauthorized history" btw). I haven't had time to read it properly yet, but it looks really interesting, partly due to the "oral history" approach.

And how could anything with Eric Wirtanen in it be bad?

I'm off for a short holiday, but when I'm back, I'll post an article about it to SNPP, possibly with an excerpt serving as a preview for all of you.

I'm off for a short holiday, but when I'm back, I'll post an article about it to SNPP, possibly with an excerpt serving as a preview for all of you.

The news article about John Ortved's book with an excerpt from it are now available at SNPP's news page.

Back