board downtime/https switchover

Roarke

apparso come un fantasma
Administrator
insomniacs and early risers likely noticed downtime last night -- the database ran away with itself so I took it as a good time to (finally) install a SSL certificate on the board. it's working now: you can navigate to https://www.nohomers.net and use it from there, and most links generated by the board will direct you that way

however, in order to (nicely) force all traffic through SSL (including search traffic, which accounts for the vast majority of our traffic) I'll need to take the board down again -- late tonight (2018/07/05, ~2AM ET, 6AM UTC). I expect it to take about one hour, but could go longer than that.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

I lied, I was able to do this with only ~2 minutes of downtime just now. Going to keep this thread alive if anyone runs into any weird redirect issues, but we should be good to go.

couple things seem to be not working still like being able to edit basic info on profiles, or any of the options above the reply boxes. some things like general stats and the useless chatbox being down were fixed though i guess

couple things seem to be not working still like being able to edit basic info on profiles, or any of the options above the reply boxes. some things like general stats and the useless chatbox being down were fixed though i guess

all of these are working now post-downtime (they were for sure broken before I swapped over what was serving the certs)-- can you hard refresh and verify they're still broken for you?

edit: and if they are in fact still broken, take a full-browser screenshot of them not working? it may vary depending on what theme you use or some other variable i'm not thinking of

there was a wonky login issue after the downtime that should now be fixed.

The formatting options are above the reply screen on Default but no other themes.

BD5834B6-3794-4F1A-BC77-A13DC803A397_zpsnmwuzz8x.jpeg

The formatting options are above the reply screen on Default but no other themes.

This would be what I expect: I haven't hit the other themes yet, should get through them tonight (edit: these should all be fixed, let me know if a specific one isn't)

we have too many themes [MENTION=1]eric[/MENTION], let's just get rid of them.

Note: we will still have a little downtime tonight so I can take some backups of everything so I don't have to do this again if things go awry.

i would abandon all the color themes, the other ones except sleek. color ones based on default most do not seem to use but sleek has its fans, me included

should just include some sort of light dark on off switch for the default anyways so i guess i can see that one. but evergreen's definitely got to go

backup downtime is now done. will leave this thread up for the rest of the week if anyone has any other bugs that came from the changes.

Yeah the board really needed a break from all the stimulating, lively discussion going on.

can you taste the salt

[MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION] For certain posts clicking on "edit post" or "go advanced" or "preview post" will remove the entire text of the post from the input field

posting on the wall makes you confirm an insecure content text box. something that does not even pop up on my mobile browser

Hey [MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION] I tried going into the website through my phone but I found this one if I tried to go to homepage. However if I try to go the forum itself or just go onto a thread from google, I don’t see this page.

062F3F74-B32D-462C-B053-3CC83DDFBB18.jpeg

Just thought to let you know in case anyone else sees it.

Hey [MENTION=674]Roarke[/MENTION] I tried going into the website through my phone but I found this one if I tried to go to homepage. However if I try to go the forum itself or just go onto a thread from google, I don’t see this page.

View attachment 3138

Just thought to let you know in case anyone else sees it.

I have a somewhat similar problem when trying to get to this site on my desktop. I can't go directly to the site when I type in the address I have to go a search engine and go in through that way.

When I type a post and then hit “Go Advanced” to preview the post or add something, the post disappears from the text box. This usually isn’t a problem, but when I’m quoting a post, it can be a hassle.

I’m still having this problem. It extends to simply editing posts, and I want to edit my signature, but since it’s completely blank, I can’t. Copying and pasting won’t work since it needs to be a particular color.

guess its time to switch over to xenforo [MENTION=1]eric[/MENTION]

Back