Best movie trilogy

What is the best of the movie trilogies I present to you?

• Back to the Future trilogy

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Star Wars Classic Trilogy

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

• The Dark Knight trilogy

• Lord of the Rings trilogy

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The Hobbit trilogy

• Total voters
Back to the Future is insanely good and insanely consistent across the three movies.

Oh LaLa???

No trilogy has captured my imagination more than The Matrix Trilogy. Lord of the Rings and Austin Powers are close seconds hehe.

The first Matrix being the better standalone film is a completely fair and reasonable opinion and for years I've agreed but...it's also a boring take. Every beat of Reloaded is so much fun, over the top, and the deeper explored mythology and philosophical soup keeps me pacing the room to this day. Sure, there's a level of camp to these movies and exposition dumps but I like it. The fight choreography, storyboarding, and the production value of these films really hold up. The chataeu fight, the highway chase, Hugo Weaving's iconic Smith performance, the Merovingian, the sentinels...It's got everything. The extensive use of blended genres is impressive and ultimately I just admire the vision and passion that the Wachowskis and the cast and crew put into it.

It's one of those rare works of media where I value and for the most part agree with the criticism the sequels receive but still am thoroughly entertained and captivated by it all. If it's playing on tv, I easily get caught up in it.

Lord of the Rings, but both Back to the Future and The Dark Knight are in the same league. Toy Story 1-3 also deserves a mention, even if the series as a whole is no longer a trilogy.

Back