Best Movie send ups

Dingbat Charlie

Junior Camper
For me it's got to be Homer's version of "under the sea" followed by "Planet Of The Apes -The Musical"....though I love the more subtle ones...like Marge's childhood flashback of being shot at from a plane, which is inspired by "North By Northeast"

The one from old man and the lisa where she is running and she keeps seeing the buckets of goo. Im not sure what movie its from but it sends a chill down my spine. Another good one is Grampa and Jacquiline on the bus with the graduate music

I liked the Grampa and Jacquiline on the bus also. I'm not positive but I think the lyrics were change in the song from "hello darkness my old friend" to "hello grandpa my old friend". Any body know for sure?

Also, Homer's compilation of speeches from different movies "Look marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there everyday putting his ass on the line. ANd I'm not out of order. You're out of order! The whole freakin' system's out of order! You want the truth! You want the truth! You can't handle the truth! Cuz when you reach over and put your hand in a pile a goo that was your best friends face, you'll know what to do! Forget it Marge, It's Chinatown!"

Last edited:
Jessfrogger88 said:
The one from old man and the lisa where she is running and she keeps seeing the buckets of goo. Im not sure what movie its from but it sends a chill down my spine.

I think it is from "Soylent Green".

The Raiders parody in Bart's Friend Falls In Love is pure comic gold!!
And oh yeah, the most obvious one of all, the entire Sheri Bobbins episode.

I really liked the "Mrs. Krabappel, you're trying to seduce me," Graduate send-up from Lisa's Substitute. Especially with Dustin Hoffman's delivery.

They've parodied Godfather a few times (Lisa's Pony, when Bart gets pelted by snowballs in the Mr. Plow episode ala Sonny Coreleone).

They love referencing One Flew Over the Kookoo's Nest (The Old Man and the C Student, when Homer's in the hospital and refuses beer Barney tries to suffocate him and jumps out the window).

I liked the North by Northeast clip too (so randomly put).

Yeah I like Homer's speech from Secrets Of A Successful Marriage that integrates several movie quotes. I think they're from Patton, Apocalypse Now, and Chinatown, by the looks of the last part.

Don't forget the numerous Bond references/parodies, the best of which was Mr. Bont's failed escape attempt from Globex Corp. (thx to Homer) in "You Only Move Twice."

Last edited:
i loved the sherry bobbins of course, but im pretty sure they had a fear and loathing in las vegas reference when homer is driving into las vegas with ned
also, the james bond reference in the episode with scorpio is excellent

sherry bobbins ep, "you only move twice", and the one where bart steals a jar of pennies from homer. im not sure if the last one is from a movie... :)

My favorite movie/play parody is from the episode "Secrets of a Successful Marriage". Smithers talks about his "disastrous" marriage and it is a wonderful send up of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and A Streetcar Named Desire.

I also love it when they go black and white!!

smithers-woman.gif

Yeah, I love the part from You Only Move Twice that parodies Goldfinger, where Bont is strapped to a table with a laser aimed at his crotch.
"Surely you don't expect me to talk?"
"I expect nothing from you except to die. You're gonna die now!"
And I also dig the volcano hideout that Scorpio has, which is straight out of the Bond film You Only Live Twice.

Back