BAD BUNNY - TE DESEO LO MEJOR (SIMPSONS SHORT, Dec., 2021)

So, I start.
It's really a nice modern love story with many funny and emotional moments.
But, anyway Bad Bunny involvement (even as just singing animated cameo + that's all just a clip on his song) still leave the feeling that's just an dry ad.

Again the story itself (even without understanding Spanish in the start of short) was really GOOD. As in the Balenciaga case, I don't give any mark.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, sick of Homer being the laughing stock of these shorts. In the Loki one, he's an idiot who appeases to Loki because of Pork Chops. In the Disney one, he's just an alcoholic, and now he's a bad husband who can't even have dinner with his wife because he has to look at his phone and watch TV. Didn't enjoy the joke at the end where it took like 8 people to lift him onto the stage. It's like there's nothing new to these jokes, they all have the same end result like he's fat, that's the entire joke. No matter how good this story is, it's just another Marge and Homer marriage story which is nothing unique and new to the show.

Honestly, for a three-minute-long video, the pace was quite good. Nothing felt too forced, even though it's a "Marge & Homer are going through a crisis" again, which has become a running gag at this point.
The whole "put your phone down" thing was pretty interesting, especially considering it was uploaded on Christmas Eve, which seems intentional, I assume? The underwhelming thing here is Homer's characterisation ("booh I'm a bad husband ahah, can't even spend a bit of time with my family!") but nowadays it's so common that criticising it would only mean rubbing even more salt into the already painful wound.

I don't know much about Bad Bunny but at least the video didn't feel too narcissistic to me. It was more focused on Homer rather than just Bad Bunny singing about how cool he is.
I can't really give it a grade for now, (considering how short it is), but it was fine in my opinion!

EDIT: 6/10, it wasn't really meant for regular viewers and overall it was wholesome. That's why this short is less obnoxious than others. Compared to Simpsons in Plusaversary, which truly felt like a provocation to the old fans (especially the song), you can clearly see here that they're simply experimenting with a new format. Forgettable but harmless & fun so who cares?

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, sick of Homer being the laughing stock of these shorts. In the Loki one, he's an idiot who appeases to Loki because of Pork Chops. In the Disney one, he's just an alcoholic, and now he's a bad husband who can't even have dinner with his wife because he has to look at his phone and watch TV. Didn't enjoy the joke at the end where it took like 8 people to lift him onto the stage. It's like there's nothing new to these jokes, they all have the same end result like he's fat, that's the entire joke. No matter how good this story is, it's just another Marge and Homer marriage story which is nothing unique and new to the show.
I mean a lot of these shorts are made for casuals though. As a diehard you've seen it a thousand times but Bad Bunny fans probably know of The Simpsons but don't know The Simpsons so these jokes, and the story, will be fresh and funny to them

I mean a lot of these shorts are made for casuals though. As a diehard you've seen it a thousand times but Bad Bunny fans probably know of The Simpsons but don't know The Simpsons so these jokes, and the story, will be fresh and funny to them
Yes, I don't really think that this short was particularly made for the real fans (whatever being a real fan is), but probably to create something original and fun for a different public. And in that case, it's a success, I'd say!
But in our case, after having watched dozens of episodes about Marge and Homer fighting and Homer behaving like a child, it's a bit frustrating ahah

Seemed pretty nice. It's no "do the bartman" but it's a lot more visually creative than the show or other shorts

I didn't mind the callback to homer in the hedges... it's annoying when they do that kinda thing in the show, but a music video seems like the perfect venue

Also nice to see the kwik-e-mart

Back