Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

Hello guys, im looking for ep when i believe marge was shopping and looking on some products, if its made in AMERICA she was like mehh and put this thing back, and another one MAKE IN CHINA and she was like oh nice and put it in basket.

The story (as best I can remember it) goes that Dan Castellaneta's original voice for Homer was more or less a Walter Matthau impersonation, and when frustrated he would make an annoyed grunt that sounded something like "D'oooooh". Dan started replicating this sound but when the show was still in short format it took too much time, so it got shortened to a quick "D'oh!". And the rest, as they say, is history.

Thank you

In what episode Marge goes to closet to talk with Bart, she sits at toilet Bart screams it's awful, but Marge responds "it's like chair, if closed down"? Later in that scene Homer also appears.

In what episode Marge goes to closet to talk with Bart, she sits at toilet Bart screams it's awful, but Marge responds "it's like chair, if closed down"? Later in that scene Homer also appears.

Is this a HD episode?? Do you have any idea of the season.

Oh, I recalled something else: Homer needed to count the taxes and writes on toilet paper. Then he says, that needed to compare with last years date and open a drawer with many of penned rolls of toilet paper. Maybe that fresh anybody's memory? For 90% I'm sure it was HD episode.

Not that I know of, but back in late 2014, someone decided to send in some scientific reports under that name. If Edna did talk to Maggie, then the type of episode you are most likely going to see them are in Future episodes.

Well Marcia Wallace sadly passed in 2013, which means we can’t get a story like that. Mrs. K has interacted with Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Grampa and Santa’s Little Helper. That’s kind of a bummer for me since she hasn’t interacted with Maggie. I feel like they’d get along great.

I've never been happy with the current explanation for the Star Wars/Twinkle Twinkle joke from The Springfield Connection...could anyone add any further insight...

My current working theory is that it's a reference to the innocence and wonder of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star's lyrics... as opposed to the themes of Star Wars...

Like, a small child wondering about the stars in the sky...compared with an intergalactic war...

It's not funny. So I'm still looking for a better explanation...I don't buy it being a reference to John Williams stealing music, too subtle for Simpsons...or that's it's poking fun at adults enjoying Star Wars...

Maybe it's a joke about asking a classically trained orchestra to play Star Wars? May as well play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star too!

I don't know...I think it's the only joke in The Simpsons that I just don't get.

Nevada boxing commissioner / MJ uncredited

is responding to this post as his first comment on the site after registering about 30 minutes ago

just saw the episode When Mr. Burns says "All those years working at a nuclear power plant has left him with a healthy green glow and as impotent as a Nevada boxing commissioner"

would also like to know the relevance of this

the one where Homer is sent to an asylum, I heard that bald white guy is actually Michael Jackson's voice.

on another note, apparently the network decided to REMOVE the Michael Jackson episode from their re-release DVD/ Blu-Ray AFTER he had been found guilty

What episode is this promotional image from? I know the Great Gazoo was in HOMR, but that can't be it.
dbag.jpg

Attachments

• dbag.jpg
    dbag.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 2
Maybe, Stark Raving Dad?

However, seeing signature "not funny even in this cartoon", I doubt that could be some promotion stuff.

Last edited:
That's just a demotivational poster that somebody made from the image, the original wouldn't have had that signature. It definitely has the art style of official promotional images from the 90's, up to the early 2000's before the switch to HD.

As for Stark Raving Dad, it's promo image is this https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Stark_Raving_Dad

Last edited:
So I get that Sex, Pies, and Idiot Scrapes is a pun on Sex, Lies, and Videotapes, but what the hell is an idiot scrape? It's a question I've seen other people ask but never found an answer.

Trab Pu Kcip said:
Idiot - a stupid person
Scape - a long flower stalk coming directly from a root

Idiot Scape - absolutely no clue.

Except the title is Sex, Pies and Idiot Scrapes, not Scapes.

on another note, apparently the network decided to REMOVE the Michael Jackson episode from their re-release DVD/ Blu-Ray AFTER he had been found guilty

1 - MJ was never found guilty. The first claim against him never resulted in charges, the second he was acquitted. Stark Raving Dad was only removed from distribution a couple years ago after the release of the Finding Neverland documentary. As a general heads up, it's very irresponsible to claim someone was found guilty of something when they weren't.
2 - Stark Raving Dad was removed from Disney+, but there is no proof yet that the S3 DVDs have been re-pressed to remove that episode. S3 has never been released on blu-ray.

In "Ned 'n' Edna's Blend" Bart said "Homer, you said, if Flanders would get married again, you'll eat your hat" (and then Homer ate his crown of thorns).

But I'm more interested, whether, and if so then when Homer got such promising? I can't remind any of Ned episodes Homer said so.:confused:Or maybe that was just in-episode [N'n'EB] joke?

Back