Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

what's the episode where bart and lisa have a fight and bart moves out but can't find food or shelter and he sleeps on the street for like a week until grampa finds him?

I mentioned this a couple months ago but. Is there any evidence that Otto's last name is Mann. I thought of it to be a slang term

theottoshow12.png

simpsons15.jpg

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread. Does anyone know if this poster I have is of any value? It is a 3d Krusty the clown shampoo poster. I understand it read sols Sam goody's in 2003. Thanks in advance

Hey all, long time listener, first time caller

I'm looking for a Homer quote and need your help. You know that Homer quote "if I could just say a few words I'd be a better public speaker"? Well he has another quote on public speaking which is just as good but not as old school so I can't remember it. Any help appreciated

I was watching Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming on the Season 7 DVD and it seemed to be missing a goodbye from Troy McClure before Bumblebee Man says his. Did I imagine this scene?

The same thing happened with Bart The Murderer. I remember a buff Sideshow Bob lifting in Bart's Nightmare, but this also seems to be missing. I quite liked these small touches.

Hey all, long time listener, first time caller

I'm looking for a Homer quote and need your help. You know that Homer quote "if I could just say a few words I'd be a better public speaker"? Well he has another quote on public speaking which is just as good but not as old school so I can't remember it. Any help appreciated

Much Apu About Nothing

In 'The Crepes Of Wrath', when the Albanian military guys receive Adil's photo of the plutonium thingy, why is the music so horror-movie-like? I don't quite get the scene. Did the inclusion of Homer ruin the whole picture or something?

How did Lisa know she'd created Lutherans in The Genesis Tub? Somebody was nailing something to the chapel door; what does that show?

In 'Black Widower', when Krusty introduces some guy onto the stage (before Bob comes out), why does he refer to Krusty as "Krustawa"?

He's saying Krusteleh, which is Krusty + eleh. Hn Yiddish, the "eleh" word-ending is kind of a term of endearment. You might have heard someone say "oh my little bubbeleh!" So Krusteleh is something a stereotypical old-world Jewish man would call his darling friend Krusty.

I imagine the "eleh" ending is a lot like the Spanish "ita" ending, e.g. Pepe might be called Pepito by his aunt. Except I don't know if Yiddish speakers in the real world actually do that with people's names, but at the very least they do it in Springfield.

Makes total sense now that I listen carefully. It really did sound like "Krustawa" at first, though. :P

In "El Viaje Misterioso", Bart says "so I says to Mabel, I says". I never got what that was a reference to, if anything. And no, it isn't from The Great Gatsby, as some people seemed to think it was.

In "El Viaje Misterioso", Bart says "so I says to Mabel, I says". I never got what that was a reference to, if anything. And no, it isn't from The Great Gatsby, as some people seemed to think it was.

no reference, it's just him talking like an old person

That's what I figured it was. Something like that seems to scream "reference", so so many people tried to figure out what it might be referencing/quoting, when it was nothing at all.

Back