Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

This is either "Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1 D'oh", or it's "Lisa Simpson, this isn't your life".

But, please, can someone answer my question?

Nope, sorry - Saw Waverly Hills the other day and it wasn't that, and I just watched Lisa Simpson, This Isn't Your Life, and it's not that one either. (She's been to a LOT of new schools, huh? Lol.)

Lisa is in a class I think, possibly a new school? And she's not as smart as everyone else there. I think the teacher write a mathematical equation and the answer is something funny and the whole class laughs but Lisa doesn't get it?

I'm pretty sure you have this confused with the episode "Bart the Genius", where this exact thing happens to Bart.

I wonder why, although he's apparently older, Marshall Goldman (Thurdays with Abie) strangely looks like Moe after his surgery in "Pygmoelian". More, his voice sounds exactly like that of this character.

Why these strange resemblances?

coincidence and he sounds nothing like Handsome Moe though he is voice by Hank Azaria....

I have an episode stuck in my head and I can't remember which it is or much about it. Highly annoying!

Lisa is in a class I think, possibly a new school? And she's not as smart as everyone else there. I think the teacher write a mathematical equation and the answer is something funny and the whole class laughs but Lisa doesn't get it?

This happens to Bart in season 1's Bart the Genius. Bart is placed in a school for gifted children after he cheats on a standardized test. In math class, the teacher writes an equation on the board whose answer spells out "RDRR", or "har-dee har-har". Bart sits there, sheepish.

This happens to Lisa in season 17's Girls Just Want to Have Sums. Lisa, dressed up as a boy, is sitting in math class. The teacher writes something like "x5 = 25". Lisa gives the answer 5, is told she's wrong. Martin points out that there are two answers: 5 and -5. Lisa's corrected and learns something.
I know it's not Lisa the Simpson or the one with the girl who is smarter than her who transfers to Springfield Elementary - but they're the ONLY TWO that come up on any of my searches for, "Lisa is not as smart as everyone else' and similar. Can anyone help? It's driving me crazy!

This happens to Bart in season 1's Bart the Genius. Bart is placed in a school for gifted children after he cheats on a standardized test. In math class, the teacher writes an equation on the board whose answer spells out "RDRR", or "har-dee har-har". Bart sits there, sheepish.

This happens to Lisa in season 17's Girls Just Want to Have Sums. Lisa, dressed up as a boy, is sitting in math class. The teacher writes something like "x5 = 25". Lisa gives the answer 5, is told she's wrong. Martin points out that there are two answers: 5 and -5. Lisa's corrected and learns something.
I know it's not Lisa the Simpson or the one with the girl who is smarter than her who transfers to Springfield Elementary - but they're the ONLY TWO that come up on any of my searches for, "Lisa is not as smart as everyone else' and similar. Can anyone help? It's driving me crazy!

I knew if I kept all of my old home-burned DVDs, they would come in use one day...

(Teacher draws "Y x Y = 25" on the chalkboard)
Teacher: Now, how many different numbers can Y be?
Lisa (in disguise): That's easy! Just one - the number 5.
Teacher: Wrong.
Martin: There are two possible solutions; 5, and negative 5.

(Something tells me a mathhead had a hand in writing that, as most people would have said "minus 5" instead of "negative 5".)

So, Homer's conversation hat in "Lisa the Simpson"

I've never figured out whether or not it's just supposed to be quirky and random, or if there's any relevance to the hat. Looks like something Crocodile Dundee would wear. Either way, I don't get it.

It's just a quick little joke. It's sort of a play on odd things people use in their day to day lives (have sticks for walking when not needed etc.) but takes it to an odd extreme.

Which episode was it where Bart fantasizes about flying a rocket ship and towing the school behind him and releasing it to drift into the sun?

For some reason I keep thinking that scene was from "you only move twice"

I have an episode stuck in my head and I can't remember which it is or much about it. Highly annoying!

that happens to bart in "bart the genius". i believe that's what he's thinking of because you only move twice doesn't show lisa going to a school. WAIT this is already answered.

[Spoiler I suppose]

What is Sideshow Bob's motivation for trying to kill Selma in 'Black Widower'?

Bob made sure to mention that he wasn't marrying Selma 'for her money.' I think it was mentioned Selma came into some small fortune, playing the stocks or something, and Bob would stand to inherit a nice sum. either way, Selma was the easiest person/thing Bob could exploit after getting out of jail. killing her meant he wouldn't have to put up with her, it would leave him with some money, and I guess it would satisfy his restless evil self.

Hello, I search what's the music heard when Otto looks at in his urine in "The seven-beer snitch". Can somebody answer my question, please?

the tune is Inna Gadda Da Vida. the version The Simpsons used changed some of the notes slightly, presumably so they wouldn't have to pay a royalty.

What episode has a voice inside Bart's head narrating, it's something like "I didn't realize it at the time but this is the closest me and Homer have been", or something along those lines? Also I think they're in Krusty Burger if that helps.

What episode has a voice inside Bart's head narrating, it's something like "I didn't realize it at the time but this is the closest me and Homer have been", or something along those lines? Also I think they're in Krusty Burger if that helps.

Three Men and a Comic Book, Season 3, it was a parody of the tv show The Wonder Years, they got the actual narrator to do it, Daniel Stern the actor, whose brother wrote for the show I believe.

Three Men and a Comic Book, Season 3, it was a parody of the tv show The Wonder Years, they got the actual narrator to do it, Daniel Stern the actor, whose brother wrote for the show I believe.

season 2 :nerd:

Oh right, thanks!

Three Men and a Comic Book is season 2.

Back