Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

Could you help me find an episode, please? There was a scene in the end of some episode: Homer is in Moe's tavern, he is sad, then Marge comes in and Homer tells her that he doesn't know if he still loves her. Marge asks him to look at her, and then they make it up.

Could you help me find an episode, please? There was a scene in the end of some episode: Homer is in Moe's tavern, he is sad, then Marge comes in and Homer tells her that he doesn't know if he still loves her. Marge asks him to look at her, and then they make it up.

Bart Gets Hit By A Car from season 2

Lionel Hutz, thank you so much! Somehow I thought that scene was in some relatively new season. Thanks again!

I've banging my head for a week trying to remember in which episode Homer alternately cries and laughs at two separate shows at some (I think video) store... Does anyone know which episode this is? Thanks!!!

I've banging my head for a week trying to remember in which episode Homer alternately cries and laughs at two separate shows at some (I think video) store... Does anyone know which episode this is? Thanks!!!
Brake My Wife, Please, from the season 14.

Last night, my local Fox affilliate re-ran A Tree Grows in Springfield (PABF22).

The song "That's Amore" plays during the "short" at the end of this episode. The singer sounds like Dean Martin, but it's not him.

I watched the credits and the singer's name did appear. Today I found the episode on YouTube, and the credits did not include the singer's name. (I assume the credits have been edited since the episode originally aired.)

Can anyone tell me the singers name? Seems like his first name was Michael, but I can't remember his last name.

Thanks!

Has the show ever done a full-on parody of Romeo and juliet? I know they've done Hamlet, The Count of Monte Cristo, and many others, but have they ever done Romeo and Juliet? I need to know ASAP, because for my english class I have to watch something related to Romeo and Juliet and write a summary and draw a picture of it.

there's the episode Rome-Old and Juli-eh. it's a star-crossed lovers thing but it's nowhere close to a devoted parody

there's the episode Rome-Old and Juli-eh. it's a star-crossed lovers thing but it's nowhere close to a devoted parody

Yeah, I know about that episode. I've never seen it, but I remembered the title when I was given the assignment. I gotta find something though, because I'm not sitting through a damn 4 hour movie.

Please Help! I'm looking for the episode where Nelson appears in a cloud to make fun of someones disgrace. We then see that Nelson is passed out somewhere at the same time. I love that scene but haven't been able to find it. Maybe i have some detail wrong because i haven't seen it in ages. Thanks!

Not sure if this has been asked before, and it may sound very un-intelligent...

I see a lot of people on here talking about 'Act 1', 'Act 2' etc. What does this mean?

Not sure if this has been asked before, and it may sound very un-intelligent...

I see a lot of people on here talking about 'Act 1', 'Act 2' etc. What does this mean?

Act 1 is the first couple minutes of the show before the commercials. Same for Act 2 and so forth.

Please Help! I'm looking for the episode where Nelson appears in a cloud to make fun of someones disgrace. We then see that Nelson is passed out somewhere at the same time. I love that scene but haven't been able to find it. Maybe i have some detail wrong because i haven't seen it in ages. Thanks!

I believe that's "Lady Bouvier's Lover" from season five. He's laughing at Bart for wasting money on an animation cell whilst also being passed out at the Kwik-E-Mart...

Act 1 is the first couple minutes of the show before the commercials. Same for Act 2 and so forth.

That makes sense. Thanks.

I mainly didn't understand because in the UK they only have one break for commercials so I guess we only have two 'acts'.

Hey guys, this is a really bad question, if there's not enough information, that's okay.

I was told that there is a book referenced in The Simpsons that I'm trying to find the name of, but I accidentally forgot it. Apparently it's what Bart and Lisa's nicknames are when they play? The only title I can think of is Confederacy of Dunces, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

If you can help, I would really appreciate it.

Hey guys, this is a really bad question, if there's not enough information, that's okay.

I was told that there is a book referenced in The Simpsons that I'm trying to find the name of, but I accidentally forgot it. Apparently it's what Bart and Lisa's nicknames are when they play? The only title I can think of is Confederacy of Dunces, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

If you can help, I would really appreciate it.
my first instinct was to consult SNPP: http://snpp.com/lists.html
they have lists of most things referenced in The Simpsons, but from my quick perusal just now, no references to literature

I can't really think of many times Bart and Lisa actually play in some nickname/makebelieve capacity. there's Rome-old & Juli-eh, the episode they build a box fort. actually there could be some referential nicknames in there (but probably not)... according to wikipedia, "The battle sequence with Bart, Lisa, and the box salesmen uses The Fields of the Pelennor, a portion of the score from the The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, and the scene itself is a parody of the Battle of the Hornburg from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and the Battle of the Pelennor Fields from The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Lisa also references the movie when she says to Nelson "you've come to help us in our hour of need." One of the A.S.S. delivery men even flies a fell beast like the Nazgûl. Lisa also says "So it begins" as the enemy attack begins, as King Théoden says before the Uruk-hai attack Helm's Deep."

Um, I believe Homer learns of the leak, and he's trying to figure out a way to solve it (He has Bart's earring with him). Then Bart appears to him in his head saying, "Dad, the earring could plug the hole!" Homer then says, "I'll plug your hole!...I mean, Eureka!"

Um, I believe Homer learns of the leak, and he's trying to figure out a way to solve it (He has Bart's earring with him). Then Bart appears to him in his head saying, "Dad, the earring could plug the hole!" Homer then says, "I'll plug your hole!...I mean, Eureka!"

Perfect, yeah that's it, thank you :D

Just reading an episode review for The Last Temptation of Homer and someone mentioned the "think unsexy thoughts" joke. Could someone remind me of what this is?

Homer is attracted to Mindy, so he says to himself "think unsexy thoughts" to get his mind off of her. And one of the thoughts he has is Barney dancing in a bra.

I wonder why, although he's apparently older, Marshall Goldman (Thurdays with Abie) strangely looks like Moe after his surgery in "Pygmoelian". More, his voice sounds exactly like that of this character.

Why these strange resemblances?

I have an episode stuck in my head and I can't remember which it is or much about it. Highly annoying!

Lisa is in a class I think, possibly a new school? And she's not as smart as everyone else there. I think the teacher write a mathematical equation and the answer is something funny and the whole class laughs but Lisa doesn't get it?

I know it's not Lisa the Simpson or the one with the girl who is smarter than her who transfers to Springfield Elementary - but they're the ONLY TWO that come up on any of my searches for, "Lisa is not as smart as everyone else' and similar. Can anyone help? It's driving me crazy!

Back