Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

I don't understand something in Mr Spritz goes to Washington. After watching the 3 stooges, Homer says "Droll.", then JOE MILLIONAIRE- FOX appears. Is it a joke? If yes, I don't get it.

In the United States, many episodes (of all FOX's shows) have annoying digitally-added promos for shows like Joe Millionaire which streak across the screen like that. They usually come at the start of the show. The joke is that Homer actually sees the promo, and eats it. Not exactly hilarious, but there you go.

My bad. Thanks ChiefDan! Same reasoning, but with Moe. (Yes, I know Moe 'reads' to kids at the soup kitchen - but it was a one-ep 'against-character' joke.)

The "You'll know" line leaves the anticipated mess entirely up to the viewers' imagination. (Since when are bowling lanes 'covered with a lot of oil'?)

I'm sorry if this joke is really obvious, but...in Bart Gets an Elephant, Homer runs over a deer (or was it just a statue of a deer? I don't remember) and then it goes like this;
Homer: D'oh!
Lisa: A deer!
Marge: A female deer!

Anyone care to explain that one to me?

Roger Myers III said:
The "You'll know" line leaves the anticipated mess entirely up to the viewers' imagination. (Since when are bowling lanes 'covered with a lot of oil'?)
Personal experience.

Really? Cool - I had absolutely no idea. How is it used? (To 'treat' wood lanes? To make a really slick surface?)

How long has Burns been running the SNPP?

I'm looking for anyone who can give me the exact quote from "C.E.D'oh" (EABF10) where he tells Homer how long he's been running the plant in both old english and the "new vernacular".

Roger Myers III said:
Really? Cool - I had absolutely no idea. How is it used? (To 'treat' wood lanes? To make a really slick surface?)
Slicken the surface I believe, whatever they put on the lane surface is used to make the ball go downlane faster.
Probably should have been more clearer in my previous post, but in the several times I've gone bowling, once I accidentally fell forward on my hands in the lane, and the end result was that it ended up somewhat messed up. So yeah, I'm answering this mainly on a personal experience.

Neither Berle nor Confucius were Christian.

In the film "The Deer Hunter," three childhood friends from the same town enlisted and were sent to Vietnam.

huh? said:
...once I accidentally fell forward on my hands in the lane, and the end result was that it ended up somewhat messed up. So yeah, I'm answering this mainly on a personal experience.

That's pretty funny - by "personal experience" I assumed you meant that you had once achieved Homer's dream of being a pin jockey, not that you had once fallen down in the lane!

Gump Roast was the episode name. And these are the lyrics:

Ullman shorts
Christmas show
Marge's fling
Homer's bro

Bart in well
Flanders fails
Whacking snakes
Monorail

Mr. Plow
Homer's face
Sideshow Bob
Steps on rakes

Lisa's future
Selma's hubby
Marge not proud
Homer chubby

Homer worries Bart is gay
Poochie, U2, NRA
Hippies, Vegas, and Japan
Octupulets and Bart's boy band

Marge murmurs
Maude croaks
Lisa Buddhist
Homer tokes

Maggie blows Burns away
What else do I have to say?!

They'll never stop 'The Simpsons'
Have no fears
We got stories for years
Like...

Marge becomes a robot
Maybe Moe gets a cell phone
Has Bart ever owned a bear
Or...

How 'bout a crazy wedding
Where something happens and do-do-do-do-do
Sorry for the clip show

Have no fears
We got stories for years...

Which episode does Marge do a head count by saying spikey, twinky, twinky, baldy?

"Old Yeller Belly." And I think she said "Where's Baldy?" b/c Homer was trapped in the burning treehouse. Also, she counts herself and says "Stylish."

If you're referring to the song she played at the end of the episode... it's Jazzman, originally performed by Carole King.

edit: heh

I was just watching the promo extra on the season four DVD and saw a clip of bart in class showing a film of Snowball's birth.
Which episode is this from?

PsycheEnFuego said:
If you're referring to the song she played at the end of the episode... it's Jazzman, originally performed by Carole King.

edit: heh

I don't think it was Jazzman cause Jazzman was teh fast song I'm talking about the slow sad one that she played unless jazzman has a slow part I haven't heard yet

Hydro said:
She doesn't say Twinky, she says pointy.

I've only seen the episode once. I got it confused with Homer's line about twinkies and ding dongs in "A Star is Born, Again," another episode I've only seen once.

I don't have the original airing of Alone Again, Natura-Diddly on tape, but I seem to remember Ian Maxtone-Graham's writing credit appearing twice, once as a normal credit, and again in the super big text for the joke. I watched the episode in syndication recently, and the credits were timed so that the big writing credit was the only one. Was this a change, or am I wrong about there being a double credit the first time?

Back