Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

doing it for the sisters

which episode do bart and milhouse get dressed in womens clothing? THey jump on the bed and sing "doin it for the sisters" I believe this is also the episode that bart breaks his butt.

Bart Gets Hit by a Car

Early on in the episode when Bart is on the elevator, on his way up to heaven, he calls out the names of <someone/something>, Great Grampa Simpson and Snowball.

Who was the <someone/something>?

Stoners pot palace whats a stoner i know otto thinks the place sells pot though waht is a stoner?

Someone who is stoned is on a high after taking the drug.

I remember a loud "NOBODY CARES" in The Last Temptation of Krust, following the line "I got a headline for ya!" There may be other examples of the line, but this one springs to mind immediately.

BarnyMiler said:
Early on in the episode when Bart is on the elevator, on his way up to heaven, he calls out the names of <someone/something>, Great Grampa Simpson and Snowball.

Who was the <someone/something>?

Aunt Hortense.

George Cauldron said:
Someone who is stoned is on a high after taking the drug.

I remember a loud "NOBODY CARES" in The Last Temptation of Krust, following the line "I got a headline for ya!" There may be other examples of the line, but this one springs to mind immediately.

no i mean a stoner i know waht stoned is, does it mean the same thing?

Simpsons Forever! said:
Aunt Hortense.
Didn't she die in Bart The Fink? (so, either, you're wrong or the Simpsons were attending a really late will reading)

A question about "Dude Where's My ranch" Moe says to David Byrne You ever see the movie "Misery" (I think) Well I'm asking What happens in that movie because I haven't seen it either.

Misery: a famous novelist, after suffering a car crash, is taken into care by a crazed fan (played by Kathy Bates)... and by 'into care,' I mean 'hostage.' The Critic did a parody of it, with Jay and the projectionist in those roles.

Aunt Gladys died in Selma's Choice.

Hortense did die in Bart the Fink as well. But I'm pretty sure it was a different aunt that appeared in Bart Gets Hit by a Car... the name Mildred comes to mind, but I'm not sure. Anybody know it?

It says Hortense in the The Simpsons (A Guide to OFF.)
Just watched the scene with subtitles on S2 DVD and it was Aunt Hortense.

Last edited:
I was thinking maybe the one in BTF was "Great Aunt Hortense", but upon further review, I don't think that's right.

Last edited:
can someone tell me about some of the episodes where they end with music like from some cheesy movie like the one where Homer gets a gun but there was a more recent one.... what one was it from and whats it a parody of?

Miss Springfield said:
can someone tell me about some of the episodes where they end with music like from some cheesy movie like the one where Homer gets a gun

It's the theme from The Avengers ('60s British TV series).

but there was a more recent one.... what one was it from and whats it a parody of?

Could you provide more detail?

Which episode was it where Homer was shaving his shoulders, and singing "Shaving my shoulders, I'm gettin' it all shaved off..."?

Jeremy said:
I believe that the James Woods cussing was in the original audio track, and just bleeped out by Fox. There was a similar thing with Drederick Tatum cussing in season 3 that was censored, and a few other instances throughout the series.

To be clear, Woods very likely did actual cursing when he recorded his lines, per the producers' intent, but the producers then bleeped out the offensive words themselves, which is the joke. (As opposed to "Fox" doing the bleeping, for censorship reasons.)

Gladys died in "Selma's Choice", Hortense was cited in both "Bart the Fink" and "Hit By a Car".

A "stoner" is someone who gets stoned on a regular basis, a la Otto.

An additional important angle to the "Misery" reference is that the Reiner movie was an adaptation to the huge hit novel by Stephen King... but Homer isn't exactly a "reader", so he refers to the movie.

Necromancer said:
A stoner is someone who gets stoned.
thanks for that

i dont get it when jay sherman(the critic) on "Hurricane Neddy" he is going "it stinks, it stinks, then a doctor says "yes mr sherman everything stinks"

what is the point of that is it a joke if it is a joke please explain to me

He is in a mental hospital, so the joke seems to be that somewhere along the line, all the bad movies he had to watch for his job drove him insane to the point where all he can say is "It stinks!" (this was his catchphrase on The Critic, in case you don't know) over and over.

And the definition of "stoner" that the store most likely intended is (paraphrased from dictionary.com):

One who furnishes, fits, paves, or lines with stones; or one who rubs on or with a stone in order to polish or sharpen.

how about when homer is working at the bowlarama and the guy who works there tells him to bring an extra pair of pants and homer asks why and he says "when it happens you'l know

i really dont get this ???joke????!!!

Its a joke that he will get squirted with some kind of filthy liquid or something will spill on him so he will need fresh clothes. Maybe because the bowling alley is full of yucky people and their sweat on the balls and shoes and did you notice uncle Al was covered with some crap and he sounded sick from working there.

msbotz said:
how about when homer is working at the bowlarama and the guy who works there tells him to bring an extra pair of pants and homer asks why and he says "when it happens you'l know

i really dont get this ???joke????!!!
Bowling lanes are covered with a lot of oil. I'm assuming what's meant here is that Homer would make a lot of contact with the lane floors, and thus his pants would be dirtied up greatly.

Roger Myers III said:
An additional important angle to the "Misery" reference is that the Reiner movie was an adaptation to the huge hit novel by Stephen King... but Homer isn't exactly a "reader", so he refers to the movie.

I think you mean Moe refers to the movie.

Back