Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

wow, good find, but... no. i could swear there was something LIKE that (a shark cage?) where he escapes in an arc, says 'woohoo!' then slides right back in... (& probaby says "D'oh!")

Last edited:
In the credits of each episode that Mrs. Krabappel appears in, Marcia Wallace, her VA, is always credited as a Special Guest Voice. Yet, Wallace was a regular in the show's cast. Why was she always credited as a special guest voice, then?

In the credits of each episode that Mrs. Krabappel appears in, Marcia Wallace, her VA, is always credited as a Special Guest Voice. Yet, Wallace was a regular in the show's cast. Why was she always credited as a special guest voice, then?
I don't know the right words to use, but as far as i know, she was only brought in when she was actually needed - like, she wasn't actually specifically hired as part of The Simpsons team.

There was a joke that Mike from Me Blog Write Good didn't get from the episode Pork and Burns. I'm not sure what the writers were going for either, but it feels forced and not that funny. It's this:

– There’s a joke near the beginning that really confuses me. Bart thinks back to a prank he pulled on Skinner. After removing all of his car door handles, Bart pumps Squishee drink into his car after he gets in it, causing it to flood. As the car almost fills all the way up, Skinner laments, “Why did I wear Mother’s blouse today?” What’s the joke here? I honestly don’t know. Was he walking around in a blouse with his legs exposed… so the Squishee covering his bare legs make it even colder and more uncomfortable? That’s the closest I can get. Any other explanations are welcome. But don’t strain yourself over it.

Didn't see the episode but it seems to me Skinner's concerned his mother's blouse is going to get ruined and she'll scold or punish him in some way

I thought that might be the joke. It still feels pretty forced to me. So Skinner such a mama's boy now he wears her blouses and she'll scold him for doing it! Hardy har har.

OK, I don't get it:
Why does Matt hate Animals showing human emotion so much (like General Sherman winking)?
It's such a stupid thing to dislike. Has he ever actually stated why he hates it other than "he does"?
Like he's OK with the animals dancing to get the Humans attention, The puppies / snowball trying to cover up the TV, doing semi-unrealistic things of animals, but the moment its expressions he flips his lid?

OK, I don't get it:
Why does Matt hate Animals showing human emotion so much (like General Sherman winking)?
It's such a stupid thing to dislike. Has he ever actually stated why he hates it other than "he does"?
Like he's OK with the animals dancing to get the Humans attention, The puppies / snowball trying to cover up the TV, doing semi-unrealistic things of animals, but the moment its expressions he flips his lid?
I think he mentions in that episodes dvd commentary (or in one of the commentaries in the season 1-4 dvds) that he wanted the world of The Simpsons to be as realistic as possible in those early years and having animals make "cartoony" expressions like winking at the camera broke that rule (also, in the instance of General Sherman, I think he also just thought that the wink was too corny)

Theres a lot of weird wee jokes in a similar vein that Matt seemed to dislike, like in Deep Space Homer with Homer turning into Popeye or Nixon for no reason or in The Day the Violence Died when Homer pulls out a huge wad of cash despite the show establishing they have very little money. I think he didn't want you to feel like you were watching a cartoon.

Does anyone remember an episode where there’s models walking down a runway ghostly pale, and when they go to make the turn, they’re as thin as a sheet of paper?

Hi Simpsons maniacs!
I have this picture of a monkey in my head, That slaps his forehead with His Hand and Sticks Out His tongue Like he want to say: what Kind of crap is this?
So do you Guys know in which Episode this Scene happened? Could have been krustys or Homers monkey, i do Not remember That 😁

Double question here:
I'm looking for a scene that involves Homer and I have no idea who else. I think Homer something and is nodding along to it whilst they read it. It isn't the Apu & Manjula love making scene. If I remember correctly, he's probably holding his hands together, nodding and have his eyes closed. Might be wrong on this though. I know I sound like a troll w/ this question, but I genuinely have no idea what episode it is.

Second question: What the hell is the context to this picture? Where is this set, why is this set a thing and what is it's purpose? Does anyone have any history of it? It's so bizarre.
1663467839768.png

Is it the scene where Abe is walking slow-mo through the town?
If so, it's this song.

Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out)​

Sorry, no. It’s the song that plays in the 'day and night passing' sequence over the retirement castle. It’s immediately after Homer’s Cap’n Crunch line. I also feel like I’ve heard this music play in several other episodes.

I remember a scene in an episode where someone (Moe, I'm almost sure) said he hates metaphors, then someone else (Martin?) said some sentence with a metaphor and Moe (?) yelled at him to use the word "like".

Any idea where this could be from?

medium.jpg

That's the first time I recall seeing her (season 11 ep 7), working at the zoo as a nanny for Apu's kids. Not long ago I saw her in a season 19 episode, it was on a boat I think, and I know I've seen her at other times, she never speaks but other than here usually is smiling. I guess it could be anyone working for the show's daughter/wife etc. Has she ever spoken, not that I know of? Kind of a strange question but hey we're switching seasons today, eerie, I know.

Last edited:
So they are showing a Sideshow Bob marathon on FXX and I am now watching the episode "Cape Feare". It's a great episode. Plus Martin gets to wear a dress, wig and wield an axe. Now I understand the story of Lizzie Borden and the rhyme they made for her:

Lizzie Borden took an ax,
And gave her mother forty whacks,
And when she saw what she had done,
She gave her father forty-one.

But does anyone know where the "wet noodle" comes from? I tried looking?

Maybe it's been asked before, but when Frank Grimes says he lives "above a bowling alley and below another bowling alley" how exactly does that work? Does he live in a building with a bowling alley on the first floor, his apartment on the second floor, and another bowling alley on the third floor for some reason?

Back