Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

Hello,

10 years ago, I watched a Simpsons episode that made me laugh harder than any other one. The problem is: I just can't find it.
What I loved was an specific scene, which is the only thing I remember: Lenny sees the devil or a monster, runs away (alongside with the crowd) and screams. In portuguese, he screams "é o tinhoso", which means something like "it's the devil" ("tinhoso" is a funny word for "devil" in Portuguese), or could be "It's a monster", or something similtar in English. 10 years is too much time, so I just remember him running and screaming that. Also, it was before 2014, and he was not running alone.

I created the "tinhoso challenge" here in Brazil with different groups of friends, but nobody could find it. I found the person who makes Lenny's voice in Portuguese himself, but he couldn't remember either. Even ChatGPT gives me some wrong answers.

Really hope you guys could help me to find it. I'm gonna be a father this year and, I have no idea why, I kinda feel that I have to find this before my son comes to this world (lol).

Thank you so much!

Since this is too specific and nobody can find, maybe I'll try a different approach: do you guys know any episode where the crowd sees the devil or a monster and starts running?

So I know Herman's Head was a show, but was it not a very good one or what? I remember Lisa saying that she "remembered a joke she heard on Herman's Head." Being I was born in 89 and never saw it in reruns I assume it was not that great or not that memorable but am I wrong about that or right?

Was curious on the subject and found this list, would you say its accurate and all-encompassing?

The 36 types of simpsons episodes

Bart's Crazy Antics
i.e. The Crepes of Wrath, Boy-Scoutz N the Hood, Bart on the Road, Kamp Krusty

Bart Gets A Girlfriend
i.e. Bart's Girlfriend, The Bart Wants What It Wants, Stealing First Base

Bart Has An Ethical Dilemma
i.e. Marge be Not Proud, Bart Gets an F, The Heartbroke Kid

Christmas episode
i.e. Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire, 'Tis the Fifteenth Season

Clip Show
i.e. Gump Roast, So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show, The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular

Flashback
i.e. The Way We Was, Lisa's Sax, Homer's Barbershop Quartet

Flashforward
Lisa's Wedding, Bart to the Future, Future-Drama, Holidays of Future Passed

Fleshing Out A Secondary Character
i.e. Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadassss Song, Lisa's Date With Density, This Little Wiggy, Worst Episode Ever

For No Reason, Here's Apu
i.e. Homer and Apu, The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons, Eight Misbehavin', The Sweetest Apu

Format-Benders
i.e. 22 Short Films About Springfield, Trilogy of Error, 24 Minutes

Extended Family
i.e. Old Money, Selma's Choice, Lady Bouvier's Lover, Rome-old and Juli-eh

Homer and Marge's Marriage Is In Trouble!
i.e. Life on the Fast Lane, Secrets of a Successful Marriage, Natural Born Kissers, The Devil Wears Nada, many, many more

Homer Gets A Wacky Job
i.e. Dancin' Homer, Deep Space Homer, Simple Simpson, many, many more

Homer Tries To Be A Good Father
i.e. Saturdays of Thunder; Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder; Homer the Father

Itchy & Scratchy show
i.e. The Front, The Day the Violence Died, The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show

Krusty episode
i.e. Like Father, Like Clown; Krusty Gets Kancelled, The Last Temptation of Krust; Once Upon A Time in Springfield

Lisa Has An Ethical Dilemma
i.e. Lisa Gets an "A", A Star is Torn, Lisa's Rival, Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington

Lisa is Sad
i.e. Moaning Lisa, 'Round Springfield, 'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky

Look, It's A Long Lost Relative!
i.e. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?; Mother Simpson; Burns, Baby Burns

Marge episode
i.e. Homer Alone, The Twisted World of Marge Simpson, All's Fair in Oven War

Marge Leads a Crusade
i.e. Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays; Itchy & Scratchy & Marge

Moe Problems
Flaming Moe's, Pygmoelian, Moe Baby Blues, Eeny Teeny Maya Moe

Let's See How Many Guest Stars We Can Cram In An Episode
i.e. Homer at the Bat, When You Dish Upon A Star, Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass

Mystery!
i.e. Black Widower, Who Shot Mr. Burns?, Wedding for Disaster

Pets!
i.e. Bart's Dog Gets an F, Bart Gets An Elephant, Old Yeller-Belly

Religion!
i.e. Homer the Heretic, The Joy of Sect, Thank God It's Doomsday

Sibling Rivalry!
i.e. Lisa on Ice, Bart vs. Lisa vs. 3rd Grade, Smart and Smarter

Sideshow Bob Returns, Again

The Simpsons Are A Bad Family
i.e. There's No Disgrace Like Home, Brawl in the Family

The Simpsons Are Going To !
i.e. Bart vs. Australia, The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson, Simpson Safari

Springfield Denizen Woes
i.e. The Otto Show; A Milhouse Divided; Alone Again, Natura-Diddly; Sleeping with the Enemy

Springfield Gets Into Zany Hi-Jinx
i.e. $pringfield, Lemon of Troy, Four Regrettings And A Funeral

Storytime!
i.e. Simpsons Bible Stories, The Wettest Stories Ever Told, Four Great Women and a Manicure

Treehouse of Horror

The Writers Tackle A Pressing Social Issue
i.e. Homer's Phobia, There's Something About Marrying, Much Apu About Nothing, Coming to Homerica

Yearly Mr. Burns Episode
i.e. Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish, Rosebud, Fraudcast News

In what episode Homer looks on a bum in trash container and says "My future"? Believe it's from some HD episode

A bit of a dumb question, is it true that list jokes became a common occurence in most HD Simpsons episodes?

A bit of a dumb question, is it true that list jokes became a common occurence in most HD Simpsons episodes?
Not most HD Simpsons episodes... but yeah, in the early-to-mid Season 20s, Jean was leaning on shit like that heavily to pad time in episodes. Whether it was the "in memoriam" bit with the gift cards in Season 23's The D'oh-cial Network (arguably the laziest episode ever crafted), the endless DVD mockups of Chrsitmas specials being slashed during the Frosty the Hitman game from Season 25's White Christmas Blues or the plethora of gags where Lisa rhymes off a bunch of things she's seen online and is subsequently outraged by, it was a crutch they leaned on heavily when that shit should be relegated to an unobtrusive background or freeze-frame gag at most.

They've moved away from it, thankfully. The writer's room had a tendency back then to latch on to bits they thought were funny and run them into the ground. Like when the Wilhelm scream found its way into like a half-dozen episodes from Season 26 to 27.

“Sideshow Bob Roberts”: “It’s the Rapture! Quick, get Bart out of the house before God comes!”

Idk, I know it’s Homer but I feel like maybe the writer of this particular joke wasn’t clear on the Evangelical concept of the Rapture? It’s about all the good people getting taken, not all the bad people. If Homer’s worried about losing a child to such an event it should really be Lisa. (Not here to argue about which of them is really the “good” kid, this is Homer’s assessment and we know what he thinks.)

Here's something I've always been unclear about, ever since I was a kid. In Who Shot Mr. Burns?, Pt. 2, Lisa is directed to the sundial by a piegon. Then we see a flashback of Burns collapsing on the sundial without his gun, Lisa looking at Mr. Burns' outline on the sundial, and saying "so the DNA was right; It must have been--oh, Dad..."

What I don't get is why Lisa says "oh, Dad..." as if she becomes convinced of Homer's guilt in this moment. I've just never been quite clear on what is going through Lisa's head in this scene. If the only thing she's seeing is the "M" and "S" on the sundial and coming to the conclusion that Maggie did it, why does she sound like she’s ashamed by a realization that Homer is guilty after all? She rushes to the hospital, knowing that Homer is in there, so does she think Homer is about to “finish the job” and kill Mr. Burns? In either case, I feel like there’s a little bit of misdirection with the “oh, Dad” line, as if the viewer is supposed to think Homer did it until the very last minute. But it seems inconsistent with what Lisa is actually realizing.

Interestingly, through a Google search, I found that someone on TV Tropes had this exact same question: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Headscratchers/TheSimpsonsS7E1WhoShotMrBurnsPartTwo

Last edited:
Reactions: Lis
You Won't Believe what This Episode is About - Act Three Will Shock You!

(S33E14)
The restaurant scene

While I realize some may feel it’s been discussed to death, but why did the writers feel the need to change Principal Skinner’s narrative in the Principal and the Pauper?

I think the rapture joke meant that if they were around Bart none of the Simpson family would be taken and Homer wants to ascend to heaven and would push Bart aside to achieve that. I may be misreading it but that's the only way the joke made sense, by having Homer tear Bart down. It was one of my least favorite lines from the classic era because of how I interpreted it.

I think the rapture joke meant that if they were around Bart none of the Simpson family would be taken and Homer wants to ascend to heaven and would push Bart aside to achieve that. I may be misreading it but that's the only way the joke made sense, by having Homer tear Bart down. It was one of my least favorite lines from the classic era because of how I interpreted it.
Okay I hear you but that’s actually hysterical. Mystery solved 👏 👏

I remember a scene where Homer had his hands off the steering wheel. Marge was upset, but Lisa had her hands on the wheel saying "I've got it" in a deadpan voice. Which episode was this from?

Marge is in church and, when receiving communion, she drinks the chalice of wine and everyone in the church reacts in a scared and surprised way. Reverend Lovejoy then says, "Not for drinking, Marge!".

It's "Co-Dependent's Day" but you are misremembering the scene. Marge drinks from the chalice and Agnes tells her to "Save some for the rest of us"

Hello, @HoneymoonAstronaut ! Welcome to the club:cookie:, and your startings here.

For your knowledge, there is entire thread for Q&A about episodes.

Hope, you will enjoy NHC.

Hey, I have a question, hope you can help me. Do you know the name of the song that starts at 4:43? It's already timestamped. Thanks in advance.

Back