Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

I don't know what the episode was where they have Homer parody the scene where Honey Ryder comes out of the ocean in Dr. No.

What movie is being parodied in these images?

qI4QKUNl.jpg

JHk3qYdh.jpg

I just watch this video about the decline of the Simpsons, and they gave an example of a bad joke from a bad episode of Modern Simpsons, but they didn't say what episode it was. The joke was “boarding has commenced for women, children and fat men.” and Homer responds "That's Me!"
I searched that quote in google but am only finding the same websites that describe how it's a bad joke without saying what episode it's from. I'm just mildly curious. Here's the video:

Marge comes home as a police officer with a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt and says: "They didn't have my size shirt, but you get the idea."
I certainly didn't get the idea. Is this even a joke or some american thing I don't get?

What was the episode that had the scene where Burns sneezes and the top of his head breaks off, exposing his brain?

Hi!
Which episode was about Simpsons? It was movie-style, not animated. I remember one scene: man gone to the biggest fan of Simpsons, who has so many Simpsons-stuff in the house.
And there was many more, which called "behind the scenes".

That's sorta the whole point. Homer announces where they are to inform the audience as the scene has cut to the seminar without explanation. Bart is just pointing out how unnatural it seems for Homer to state this and it is only being said to tell the audience what has happened.

I've got a question too. In THOHX, what's the deal with the band getting confused by who they are?:

Dick Clark: And that was Whitesnake
Band member #1: We're not Whitesnake dude, we're Poison
Band member #2: I thought we were Quiet Riot
Band member #3: Says here we're Ratt

I'm aware that these are all real bands, but what's the joke?

I always assumed the bands shared members or something.
A quick Wikipedia search confirmed this.
On top of swapping members back and form during the years,
they also toured a lot together.

(Sorry for the late reply, but I just found this thread when googling the connection between the bands)

Hi everybody!
I need your help in finding out a movie name Otto Mann referes to in one episode..... i don't remember much but... i remember it was a strange film who caused him hallucinations. It had a long strange name. I remember that Otto took the videotape of the film from his pocket and then went away saying "[name of the movie] i'm coming!"

Can you help me?

Hi all! Curious about attached picture - do you any of you know which episode this is from? It seems recent, but I'm also not sure if it's real or not. It isn't in the Lisa Book Club or the instagram list. I work for the company on the magazine and we can't agree!

Cheers everyone.
Capture.jpg
g

[MENTION=82816]PublishingIntern[/MENTION] That was from this past weekend's episode The Winter of Our Monetized Content.
Kudos on the Granta plug!

What is the episode where they are driving somewhere and homer suddenly yells "forget the baby's ear medicine!" And changes direction? It just stood out as a sudden jerkass homer moment.

In “The Simpsons Spin-off Showcase”, final segment, there’s a bit where Marge tells Homer that they’re having Tom Conway as a guest. Homer asks “What’s a Tim Conway?”. Tim Conway enters and says “Oh, about 120 pounds”. I get the way/weigh pun, but what’s a “Tim Con”? Is the joke just that there is no joke, in keeping with the deliberately lame nature of the segment (and indeed the entire episode), or is there an actual joke here I’m just missing?

Which episode has Ned Flanders saying something like "Look, here comes one now!"? It's not the Beemobile guys (they speak differently)

Back