Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

Wow, sexy does look like shit now. I changed to Generic a few weeks ago, so I hadn't noticed. And ditto with the tagline thing in the header.

What the hell just happened? I assumed Eric was just installing some updates and that the big "hacked" thingy that came up was a joke. Confirmation?

Yeah, there was a hack.

Still, please keep this thread focused on serious questions and answers regarding the show itself. It really does fill up too quickly for much else, plus makes it inconvenient for people looking for questions to answer if they have to weed through unnecessary posts.

question about an episode

Hey , I was wondering who were the bands that did the songs on the episode where Homer gets stoned with otto? I only know one: strawberry alarm clock. These were songs from the 60s and 70s I think. Does anyone have the answer. Or, at least tell me the season this episode was on? Thanks. :D

Donovan - Wear Your Love Like Heaven
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
The Strawberry Alarm Clock song is called Incense and Peppermints.

Which episode contains a scene with Chief Wiggum mentioning something about bike safety and how no one wants to hear about the importance of pants clips?

Which episode has the birthday card in it about the bongos/breasts? I want to get a framegrab of it to make a card for my friend's birthday.

turns out it was Homer Defined, but I couldn't get a framegrab at homerize.com, anybody know of any other sites I could get a framegrab of it?

Last edited:
scottvivian said:
Does anyone know what Jason Bateman's role in Home Away From Homer was? imdb.com says he played himself, but I don't remember him.

it was the new nextdoor neighbour wasnt it?

I thought Jason Bateman did play himself. He was on victim of some prank show they were watching.

Ralphs_Cat_Mittens said:
I thought Jason Bateman did play himself. He was on victim of some prank show they were watching.
Yep. The show was called "Chopped" I think, and Bateman's car got destroyed.

Speaking of cars, there's an episode that I've had in my head for weeks, did I just dream it up? A b-story or ending where some celebrity's car broke down because of vapour-lock or something and they started talking about the dangers of it. I think it's real, if it is, it's terrible. The episode that is, not vapour-lock.

Last edited:
Adam R said:
Speaking of cars, there's an episode that I've had in my head for weeks did I just dream it up? A b-story or ending where some celebrity's car broke down because of vapour-lock or something and they started talking about the dangers of it. I think it's real, if it is, it's terrible. The episode that is, not vapour-lock.
That's the ending of Bart Star. Joe Namath is the celebrity.

That's Bart Star, when ex-football star Joe Namath's car breaks down and he promises to tell Bart (but never does) the secret of being a great quarterback.

Edit: Grissom beat me.

Thanks, I was actually thinking that it was a season 15 or 16 episode, since these are the ones that I have least memory of, but now I think of it, I haven't seen season 9 (or 10) in years either.

The Jason Bateman cameo went something like this...

(On the Simpsons' TV)
Jason Bateman: "Chop shop!"
"Victim": "Wha...why would you do that to my car!?"
Jason Bateman: "CHOP SHOPPPPP!"

It's all in the delivery.

EDIT: I may have the roles reversed.

Can someone explain the "Semper Fudge" line?

I've found the Jason Bateman thing now, thanks for the help. It's a pretty pointless voice part, he should have been given something better!

Homer Jay said:
For some reason, I think [Maurice La Marche] was the mountain goat, but I'm not sure of it
Can anyone else confirm/deny this?
EDIT: after a bit of searching, I found that Maurice La Marche confirmed himself on alt.tv.simpsons that he voiced Commander McBragg (the guy in charge of the scavenger hunt).

Last edited:
What are two songs that Ruth plays in her car in 'Marge On The Lam'? Those are just all over my head in these days

Can someone explain that that bubble thing rising out of the river in Joy of sect?

Itchy said:
Can someone explain that that bubble thing rising out of the river in Joy of sect?
It's a parody of the TV series The Prisoner. Same thing in the episode The computer wore menace shoes.
n6nrmwst.jpg

Which episode was it that Kent Brockman reported on the news that a segway (Those things on two wheels that move when you lean forward or back) was responsoble for 1000 deaths or so?

Also if someone has the exact quote that would be good too...

Thanks all.

Back