Any Episodes From the Classic Era That You Hate?

Squall Hammer

Junior Camper
Out of curiosity, are there any Classic Era episodes that any people here hate? Not just that you don't care for them, or that you think they're weak episodes, or that they're worse than the rest of the Classic Era. Are there any Classic episodes you really strongly dislike, be it for critical or personal reasons? And why do you hate them?

I don't particularly hate it, but the scene where SLH tips up the quilt in Bart's Dog Gets an F might be the most unpleasant scene in the whole series

I wouldn't say there's any episode of the classic era I actually hate (as most have their moments or aspects that I enjoy), but there's some that I don't particularily like much at all so I'd rather say these are weak or bad when put against the rest. 'Another Simpsons Clip Show' is one of those as it's so lazy even for a clip show; maybe the lowest point of the era.

I find it hard to say that there are any episodes I hate but there are episodes I don't like and really don't like. Basically do I watch or to change the channel. (And yes, I know some are from Season 9).

Not my favorite:

"Lisa Sax" for the simple reason that they blew off Bart as a loss cause in a meeting with his actual school counselor.

"Homerpalooza" great music mentioned especially NIN. Makes me think of high school, May '96 I was a junior. The plot was meh thpugh.

"The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show."

Getting close:

"The War of the Simpsons" and "Secrets of a Successful Marriage" both the same premise of Homer being a dumbass and almost wrecking his marriage. We will see this plot a lot!

"Fear of Flying" Marge can't fly because she saw her daddy as a flight attendant. WTF!

This sucks, change it:

"Lisa the Vegitarian" for the simple fact she was wrong and Homer didn't need to apologies.

"A Milhouse Divied" Shark jump #1.

"My Sister, My Sitter"

"The Principal and the Pauper" Shark jump #2. Craptacular.

"The Cartridge Family."

you can tell a lot about a person by who they think gets shafted in lisas sax

"To hate" is not the most accurate word for it, but I always really disliked A Star Is Burns and SimpsoncalifraglisticexpialaD'ohcious for the same reason: both episodes just don't feel as an episode of The Simpsons. In both of them, The Simpsons Universe adapts at the other series when it should be the opposite. I don't have problems with crossovers nor with parodies/homages particularly (The Springfield Files is one of my favorites episodes and I don't know anything from The X Files). But I have a real problem when I feel I'm not watching The Simpsons, when neither the story nor the jokes nor the characterizations fit in the episode. A Star Is Burns is an episode of The Critic with a guest appearence of The Simpsons and SimpsoncalifraglisticexpialaD'ohcious is a -bad- Disney movie that elapses in Springfield. But nothing else.

I obviously hate Another Simpsons Clip Show and All Singing, All Dancing, since both of them are two of my least favorite episodes of the show. And yeah, this time is to hate the actual word. I dislike them at the point that I've never watched them completely without interruptions (something that only happened with Politically Inept with Homer Simpson too).

you can tell a lot about a person by who they think gets shafted in lisas sax

Please go ahead and tell me what you think of me. I would love to know what you assume about me. I would also love to understand why you think it is alright for Lisa to get her sax but for Homer and Marge not doing anything to support their son who was being emotionally bullied by a teacher and brushed aside from his student counselor in the meeting about Bart about Lisa. To me that is cruel. My problem isn't with Lisa, it's with Homer and Marge.

I'll wait in anticipation for your insight of me.

dont take my general statements so personally chief

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood. Lisa actual love of music is something I have in common with her, However, the best instrument is the trombone and blues and heavy metal are the best genres.

Peace.

Dunno about "hate" there's not anything I really hate I don't think, but in Bart the Murderer I always skip to when the mob shows up and I'm not really a big fan of Lisa on Ice.

Please go ahead and tell me what you think of me. I would love to know what you assume about me. I would also love to understand why you think it is alright for Lisa to get her sax but for Homer and Marge not doing anything to support their son who was being emotionally bullied by a teacher and brushed aside from his student counselor in the meeting about Bart about Lisa.

But Bart was always going to be a lost cause regardless because of the Simpson Gene, remember? /s

Homer the Heretic for sure. The episode ends with Marge being completely validated and Homer being pressured into going back to church. Why should he? To make his wife happy? He clearly doesn't give a damn, and frankly that's his right.
Pro tip: If you try to emotionally blackmail people into following your religion, you're a terrible human being.

What were they thinking when they wrote that? Were they just obsessed with maintaining the status quo? Or do they genuinely feel that Christianity should be forced on those who don't believe in it? Because it wasn't the last time the show would pull that crap - and in every instance, whether it be Bart's Catholicism or Lisa's Buddhism, the intolerance hoisted on Marge's character is never addressed in a meaningful way.

So yeah, Homer the Heretic is pretty awful. Not as bad as when the Muslim family moved in and Homer was written as a racist lunatic, but still God awful.

Homer the Heretic for sure. The episode ends with Marge being completely validated and Homer being pressured into going back to church. Why should he? To make his wife happy? He clearly doesn't give a damn, and frankly that's his right.
Pro tip: If you try to emotionally blackmail people into following your religion, you're a terrible human being.

What were they thinking when they wrote that? Were they just obsessed with maintaining the status quo? Or do they genuinely feel that Christianity should be forced on those who don't believe in it? Because it wasn't the last time the show would pull that crap - and in every instance, whether it be Bart's Catholicism or Lisa's Buddhism, the intolerance hoisted on Marge's character is never addressed in a meaningful way.

So yeah, Homer the Heretic is pretty awful. Not as bad as when the Muslim family moved in and Homer was written as a racist lunatic, but still God awful.

I'm sure I'll be the first of many to disagree with your final paragraph stating Homer the Heretic is awful. If you hate the episode that's fair enough, but the episode is objectively brilliant, even though it's far from my favorite either. I hate A Star Is Burns and Principal and the Pauper, but I don't let negative bias get in the way of objectively accepting those episodes are at least 7 out of 10's

Like [MENTION=82726]Snorky[/MENTION] I disagree with you but I can understand why you do. This episode is in my top 5. However, I think Homer the Heretic is funny and more comical on the idea of going to church. I never looked at Marge as evil but more as a nag. This epsiode is all about moon waffles and dancing in his underwear. I think the Buddhist and Catholic episodes puts Marge in a worse light as it is more vain way of how it makes her look. Bart sees paintball and magically he's back on her team. Homer went back to church because he believes he saw a sign to get his ass to church; however, the sign didn't say he had to pay attention. The latter two are all about Marge and looking good to the Helen Lovejoy's of the town. Furthermore, Reverend Lovejoy and Ned were just as awful.

"Fear of Flying" Marge can't fly because she saw her daddy as a flight attendant. WTF!

TBF when Marge was young seeing your Father in what would've been considered a "woman's job" would've felt embarrassing and shameful; of course in today's time we now that there's nothing wrong with a man wanting to have a more "feminine " career, but not back then.

I always skip Another Simpsons Clip show and All Singing All Dancing, but there are no classic era episodes I hate.

There isn't a single golden age episode that I hate, but my least favorite is Homerpalooza. Even back in the day I found it lackluster, and in retrospective it comes of almost as a proto-Scully era episode.

Back