Another Trump-related video

Bohdan

СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ!!! ГЕРОЯМ СЛАВА!!!
I don’t know, where to put this video, so I put it here

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ErhaWVG0o1I" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moved to own thread

1. Do they not know ilhan omar is black
2. My thought process: "is this supposed to be jay insleeoh god it's biden"
3. The simpsons can do these shorts but art spiegelman can't allude to trump in a marvel collection. cool

I have to do exhaustive damage control for the show whenever one of these shorts gets released.

For a while I was thinking that it was a good thing that the writers simply relegated these to their social media channels and that it's better that they make use of those as an outlet for their political commentary than to actively take shots at Trump in the series proper.

And while I still think that way, there's still a prevalent misconception that these are clips taken from Simpsons episodes, that these are Simpsons characters and that the haphazard quality control and polish on display in these clips - which are clearly thrown together in a matter of weeks - is comparable to those employed within the series proper where episodes are still exhaustively worked on over the span of an entire year by a dedicated team of professionals.

Healthy outlet or not... they're not presenting the series in a favourable light. And I believe there's a disconnect here between the show's staff and their social media team in terms of how these clips are being perceived. I'm about as progressive as they come and frequent a number of like-minded social hubs and people aren't enjoying these clips, finding them fresh, funny or entertaining. They're just using them as a jumping off point to attack the show.

The only audience I believe these clips are for is the folks who are making them... and, hey, that's fine but perhaps that means they should be kept in-house and not shared.

Quite frankly, even if this material was delivered with much more care and wit, there is very little that is funny about Donald Trump, the values he represents and the things he says and does.

We should be long past the point of making light of him... and if you feel otherwise, perhaps you ought to check your privilege.

Last edited:
I don't intend the hold the show's staff (aka the current writing team specifically) responsible for this debacle, as they probably didn't have any involvement in the making of this. However, it still disappointment that this was released with the Simpson name attatched. There's so much awfulness to dissect.

I'm no Trump fan, just to clarify, but the Simpsons NEVER used to so blatantly take sides when satiring politics. Even when they were making jabs at Clinton during his presidency it didn't feel like this. I'm not very educated on current American politics, so I'm afraid I don't have a clue who those four women are, but the short goes for the laziest/easiest Trump jokes (he's an idiot, tiny hands, hair's a.... dog? what?). It comes close to Family Guy's "Trump Guy" in terms of awfulness. Even South Park failed to satire Trump properly so modern Simpsons has no chance. And when the Democratic candidates came in on a choras-line I cringed so hard. (Hey, way to be subtle about where you stand... Simpsons' social media crew? I'm guessing farted this out?)

And they got poor Dan Castellaneta to record this awful song. There's even a very noticable audio mistake near the start. Also, why was this even made under the Simpsons' name? There aren't even any Simpsons characters in this? This is just an anti-Trump cartoon in yellowface. I hate it when the show pulls stunts like this in a desperate attempt to appear topical and relevent. The Youtube like to dislike ratio speaks for itself. Bury this alongside Marge's Playboy photos and Simpsons Wrestling.

(ps. I'm from the UK, and Boris Johnson has no class)

I don't like Trump, in fact the previous Simpsons Trump Shorts have been pretty funny, but this short was just stupid.

What is even more stupid is that on a video about this short someone said the Simpsons stopped being funny around after Season 6 or 7

Last edited:
It's bad, but I don't feel strongly about it. I just liked reading the comments section. It's full of Epstein. I wonder how the Epstein documents may affect The Simpsons' and Groening's reputation in the long run (probably won't significantly).

also since it hasn't been posted yet
matt_groening_cartoon.jpg

Normally I would never draw a thing such as this, but after seeing a clip of a recent ‘Simpsons’ episode that clumsily attacked President Trump, I decided…what the heck. I saw the excerpt on the Internet. It was not funny in the slightest, and the satire was heavy handed. I have not watched ‘The Simpsons’ in several decades and I’m baffled about how it can be sustained…year after year after year. It’s as old, overgrown and disgusting as Groening’s toenails.

https://grrrgraphics.com/lolisa-express

Upon looking through that Grrr Graphics website, it looks like he enjoys painting Trump in a positive light. I think he's just upset The Simpsons attacked his president. :P

trump-president-ben-garrison_1_orig.jpg

(though I will admit they didn't do a great job of it)

Upon looking through that Grrr Graphics website, it looks like he enjoys painting Trump in a positive light. I think he's just upset The Simpsons attacked his president. :P

trump-president-ben-garrison_1_orig.jpg

(though I will admit they didn't do a great job of it)

Eh... nope because the show now is just another propaganda machine just like SNL

I have to do exhaustive damage control for the show whenever one of these shorts gets released.

For a while I was thinking that it was a good thing that the writers simply relegated these to their social media channels and that it's better that they make use of those as an outlet for their political commentary than to actively take shots at Trump in the series proper.

And while I still think that way, there's still a prevalent misconception that these are clips taken from Simpsons episodes, that these are Simpsons characters and that the haphazard quality control and polish on display in these clips - which are clearly thrown together in a matter of weeks - is comparable to those employed within the series proper where episodes are still exhaustively worked on over the span of an entire year by a dedicated team of professionals.

Healthy outlet or not... they're not presenting the series in a favourable light. And I believe there's a disconnect here between the show's staff and their social media team in terms of how these clips are being perceived. I'm about as progressive as they come and frequent a number of like-minded social hubs and people aren't enjoying these clips, finding them fresh, funny or entertaining. They're just using them as a jumping off point to attack the show.

The only audience I believe these clips are for is the folks who are making them... and, hey, that's fine but perhaps that means they should be kept in-house and not shared.

Quite frankly, even if this material was delivered with much more care and wit, there is very little that is funny about Donald Trump, the values he represents and the things he says and does.

We should be long past the point of making light of him... and if you feel otherwise, perhaps you ought to check your privilege.

I hate Trump, and yet, I enjoy the clips. As a black man, anything that makes the MAGA crowd angry makes me happy. This particular clip wasn't LOL funny, but it was enjoyable as a guy who can't stand Trump and his supporters and everything they stand for.

I'll also happily make a side note, I believe if you click the actual tweet they put on their Twitter with the clip, I'm the first highlighted reply. Probably because my reply sparked the most engagement where I pretty much said what I said in my previous post which is that I enjoyed the clip because it was making MAGA Twitter mad. This was met with a ton of replies from users, about 90% who non-surprisingly had less than 30 followers and anime pictures as their profile photos running with a "I'm not a Trump supporter, but this is bad" narrative. I see why the whole Russian bots thing was a story now.

Anyways, if it makes any of you feel better, Al Jean appreciated my valiant effort in having my social media barraged with these trolls and sent me a Simpsons gift package. Great gesture from a cool guy.

I'll also happily make a side note, I believe if you click the actual tweet they put on their Twitter with the clip, I'm the first highlighted reply. Probably because my reply sparked the most engagement where I pretty much said what I said in my previous post which is that I enjoyed the clip because it was making MAGA Twitter mad. This was met with a ton of replies from users, about 90% who non-surprisingly had less than 30 followers and anime pictures as their profile photos running with a "I'm not a Trump supporter, but this is bad" narrative. I see why the whole Russian bots thing was a story now.

Anyways, if it makes any of you feel better, Al Jean appreciated my valiant effort in having my social media barraged with these trolls and sent me a Simpsons gift package. Great gesture from a cool guy.

It may be making MAGA Twitter mad but it has gotten a lot of hate from non-political people and even some leftists who claim it is "just as bad as Trump." It isn't just making MAGA Twitter mad.

Just curious, who wrote this short? Maybe John Frink, didn't he write several political episodes?

I'm not sure if we know. I had a look in the video description, and they're still linking to Google+ pages! Didn't that shut down quite a while ago now? They seriously need to update their template.

I did chuckle at Garrison's comment that the show is as old, overgrown and disgusting as Groening's toenails. I guess he's not always wrong.

Back