Alex Borstein non-spin-off

D

dave9199

Can't believe no one saw this.

http://staytoonedin.com/?tv-article=fox-developing-spin-off-show-for-family-guys-lois-griffin

Alex Bornstein, Leading Lady
Alex Bornstein, the Voice behind Family Guy’s Lois Griffin, will star in a new Animated Comedy that headlines around a womans character.
It hasn’t been confimred that Lois Griffin will be getting her own series or if it will be based on another character with no affilation to Family Guy. Bornstein will be working alongside McFarlane on the project and had this to say:

“It’s me and Seth, and another producer named Gary Janetti. We’re kind of raring to go and just waiting to get the green light to start setting up and writing – so it’s very exciting! It has a family and the central character is a female character, which is something different for Fox, and for Seth, and for everyone! I think that the last female-centred animated show that I can remember was Daria [MTV show between 1997-2002].”

Alex Bornstein also let slip that she expects Seth Macfarlane to continue creating Family Guy for another 4 years, with a feature film being produced as well.

Something tells me that everybody saw it, and went into an automatic denial and what was this thread about again?

With the exception of maybe the Stewie/Brian pair, Family Guy's characters just aren't strong enough to support their own spin-off. I dunno why this keeps happening.

It hasn’t been confimred that Lois Griffin will be getting her own series or if it will be based on another character with no affilation to Family Guy.
So really it's not a spin-off.

Well... I'd be somewhat onboard; I mean "The Winner" had some qualities even though it mostly sucked, I'd be onboard if they got rid of that Cleveland Show abortion.

*insert something berating Seth McFarlane here*

Pretty awful news as it involves even more MacFarlane, but I suppose more details are required before we know if the show itself is any good...

sisko-facepalm.jpg

Is this going to be one of those "successful businesswoman is missing out on something, but can't figure out what" shows? I really, really hope that's not the case.

I figured the " ANOTHER Seth show in the pipeline " thread was referring to Macfarlane rebooting of the Flintstones, or is that another giant squids of animation anger thread thats already been?

I hope I'm the news bearer (Just don't shoot the messenger ).

Last edited:
There may be a reason behind all these MacFarlaneToons coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden. A fellow on the ToonZone forums speculates that Seth MacFarlane is hoping to become the sort of producer for animation in the 2010s that Norman Lear was for sitcoms in the 1970s. And considering Seth is a huge "All in the Family" fanboy, that seems downright plausible to me.

Women are rarely funny....that is all.

Sometimes there's posts where a thumbs down option would be really appropriate.

Alex Borstein is a perfectly good comedic actress, so an animated show starring her would be an interesting thing to see, It's just a shame it's being produced by MacFarlane.

There may be a reason behind all these MacFarlaneToons coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden. A fellow on the ToonZone forums speculates that Seth MacFarlane is hoping to become the sort of producer for animation in the 2010s that Norman Lear was for sitcoms in the 1970s. And considering Seth is a huge "All in the Family" fanboy, that seems downright plausible to me.

This sounds reasonable, although I don't know how churning out more and more below-par shows will gain him anything.

Back