Abridged Post-Classic Simpsons - REDUX

Yeah, bringing this one back again.

How are things rolling along with this project, @B-Boy. Have you made any advancements with your HD era encyclopedia?

Off the back of super eyepatch wolf's great video about Simpsons "revival", I have been revisiting post classic Simpsons to see if there is much enjoyment to be had and stumbled upon your fan made seasons. With the help of your abridged versions (plus a few I remember liking from back in the day), and with the help of lowered expectations I've got to say I'm having quite a good time with it. It's obviously not at the level of it's hey day but still has moments that put it above most of its contemporaries. So just want to say thanks for the effort and thought that have been put into these fantasy seasons.

You've mentioned eventually doing the HD era and just wondered is that still on the cards?

It seems like I had put off asking about this again.

I'm hoping things are going well with the project, @B-Boy. Really looking forward to read your takes on the HD era. Hoping "one of these days" will be soon in terms of any advancements or updates. Almost can't wait to see the next entry.

Life keeps getting in the way, sorry guys! If and when I continue, it won't be in the form of this thread, but rather a full-fledged book.

If and when I continue, it won't be in the form of this thread, but rather a full-fledged book.

Yeah, that I remember you having talked about and informed us. Wondering if there's been any progress since the last time?

Yeah, that I remember you having talked about and informed us. Wondering if there's been any progress since the last time?
A little! It's been difficult to find the time and energy to write much this year. I'm a copywriter full-time, so usually the last thing I want to do is come home after working 9-5 and continue writing.

I've been getting through my video game backlog instead! 🤣

Last edited:
@B-Boy let me know if you’d like me to be a copy editor for your book if you ever do get around to finishing it. I proofread stuff for a living, and I’m really good at it. Plus, I obviously know the subject matter quite well, so I’d be happy to help out.

@B-Boy let me know if you’d like me to be a copy editor for your book if you ever do get around to finishing it. I proofread stuff for a living, and I’m really good at it. Plus, I obviously know the subject matter quite well, so I’d be happy to help out.
Legend! Much appreciated dude. I'll almost certainly take you up on that offer down the track. 😊

Honestly, whenever I try to look through this list, I start out following with the coverage of the Scully years, then once it starts being about Jean the episodes named start blending together. That can't just be me, is it?

Honestly, whenever I try to look through this list, I start out following with the coverage of the Scully years, then once it starts being about Jean the episodes named start blending together. That can't just be me, is it?
That's fair, honestly. The Jean era is notorious for its homogenisation of the show. In retrospect, there's probably a few too many SD Jean era episodes in this list.

I think @MisogiKurakawa's response to going from the Scully era to the pre-HD Jean era is more than understandable.

I'd say Scully definitely has more memorable episodes with a strong defined identity (even the really bad episodes), while a lot of the Jean episodes aren't as much of notable in terms of clear personal identities and memorability & many of them feel kinda samey, at least on a surface level (even when the plots themselves were good). Season 17 was probably the low point when it came to this.

I think @MisogiKurakawa's response to going from the Scully era to the pre-HD Jean era is more than understandable.

I'd say Scully definitely has more memorable episodes with a strong defined identity (even the really bad episodes), while a lot of the Jean episodes aren't as much of notable in terms of clear personal identities and memorability & many of them feel kinda samey, at least on a surface level (even when the plots themselves were good). Season 17 was probably the low point when it came to this.
Yeah. The human brain is something which kinda needs to compartmentalize information in order to recall it, and after a while the premises because so samey and artistically generic that they become indistinguishable.

Back