"48 Year Old Mom is Behind the Popular Cartoon Character"

So The Simpsons hasn't been signed up for another season yet? When does the 'renewing' process normally take place, and should we be getting worried?

I thought Fox usually ordered the next season in May. But if this was the last season, surely we would have heard about it before now? Thanks for the article, DTB.

George Cauldron said:
So The Simpsons hasn't been signed up for another season yet? When does the 'renewing' process normally take place, and should we be getting worried?

Pass. I thought the voice actors were already renewed up to 19, and the series itself was at 18 (or the other way around perhaps?)?

My assumption would be that Cartwright was referring to season 19, and the newspaper writer just didn't know that or clarify it (since, naturally, a Denver Post writer isn't going to know all the inner workings of animated shows). Most, if not all, of the major voice work for season 18 would already be done, so if season 19 never happened the episodes she's recorded could very well be the last she'd ever do, meaning she wouldn't do much or any more work on it despite the show being on for a final year.

DotheBartman said:
My assumption would be that Cartwright was referring to season 19, and the newspaper writer just didn't know that or clarify it (since, naturally, a Denver Post writer isn't going to know all the inner workings of animated shows). Most, if not all, of the major voice work for season 18 would already be done, so if season 19 never happened the episodes she's recorded could very well be the last she'd ever do, meaning she wouldn't do much or any more work on it despite the show being on for a final year.

yeh i agree woth u DotheBartman it sounds like shes talking about season 19 because i read somewhere that the episode called "Jazzy and the Pussycats" where Bart gets a drumkit wont probably be until next year and maybe the same with "Moe'N'A'Lisa"...i think there will be a season 19 because i went through one of my old simpsons comics from the end of 2002 (so during season 14) where they said theyd just heard thered b a season 16 so that we will probably have to wait until i rekn april may or june until we find out THEY CANT TAKE MY SIMPSONS AWAY!!!

The Simpsons isn't going anywhere. FOX isnt going to cancell it untill at least season 20 and its allready has had a good run and will still be remembered forever and ever. All shows cant be in production forever.

it's people like you who want to ruin the show. i'd be quite happy if they called it a day right now, and left it being good. why do people like you want it to go on forever, getting progressively worse because the idea is old and there are no good new ones? think about it, what is the advantage of having 9-10 good seasons and then ruin it by following it up with more than that in crappy seasons?

Wiggle_Puppy's comment was mildly annoying (just because it wasn't funny, no offense), but regardless, not everyone agrees with you that the later seasons are crap. In fact, while you'll be hard pressed to find many people here that still find it to be as good as ever, the majority here tend to view the modern seasons as being far better than season 9-12, or at least 10-12

And really, I know it's a cliche, but if you don't like it, you don't have to watch it. The current seasons don't have to ruin the classics for you, and demanding that the show finish now is merely denying it to the people who still enjoy it (if the demands actually got them to end it that is, which at this point they won't). And really, if you view the first nine or ten seasons as the best.....we're now seven seasons past that point (personally, I'd say more than that). Would it really make a difference if they ended it now? Three or four more seasons isn't going to make a huge difference considering the show's already been on for such a ridiculous amount of time.

Last edited:
gpm said:
it's people like you who want to ruin the show. i'd be quite happy if they called it a day right now, and left it being good. why do people like you want it to go on forever, getting progressively worse because the idea is old and there are no good new ones? think about it, what is the advantage of having 9-10 good seasons and then ruin it by following it up with more than that in crappy seasons?
I was being sarcastic, and I don't care if they end it next season, I just want some kind of closure.

wiggle_puppy said:
I was being sarcastic, and I don't care if they end it next season, I just want some kind of closure.
FOX will damn well give them a season finale. They know if they dont they gonna have to deal with over 10 million angry simpsons fans.

Great article, thanks.

And Nancy's comment about Fox wanting to go ahead with the movie if it made money sums up the Fox mentality perfectly - they certainly won't be ending The Simpsons while it's still doing well and if Fox had their way a season finale would probably feature story threads that would need to be wrapped up in the movie.

This way they can get people watching the film both for closure to the series and because it's the last Simpsons outing.

I think reaching 20 seasons would be a nice neat amount, but the future is always uncertain. The show could be pulled for any number of reasons.

Back