22 for 30 vs. Woo-hoo Dunnit?

22 for 30 vs. Woo-hoo Dunnit?

• Total voters

Bohdan

СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ!!! ГЕРОЯМ СЛАВА!!!
Both episodes are "mockumentaries" (parody on documentary). They were perceived well, and belong to the bests in respective [not very successful] seasons (judging by fans review).

IMHO, they both are equinely very good (not great nor season highs). Maybe "Woo-hoo Dunnit?" a mile better, but just by one-two points.

So, what's your choice?

I will say 22 for 30, but they are more or less at the same level. I thought the use of secondary characters and the techniques of documentaries were better in that one, and thereby it was a tad bit funnier. I'd say they are easily TOP5 material of their respective seasons, but taking into account that we are talking about seasons 28 and 30, that is not a big compliment.

I'm for 22 for 30. While both are outstanding for their seasons, Woo-Hoo maybe isn't on Great Modern Episode (like 22 for 30) but I just happen to enjoy 22 for 30.

Woo-hoo Dunnit? is probably a little better for me. I like the mystery element it takes. 22 for 30 is a good episode too, though.

Woo-hoo Dunnit ? by a long margin as far as I'm concerned. I disliked how 22 for 30 exaggerated everything that could be exaggerated (especially the Bart/Homer dynamic). For what I remember of it, it was an unpleasant watch that didn't do justice to the interesting concept.

I do need to rewatch these two, but I'd say 'Wohoo Dunnit?'

It feels like I'm one of very few who wasn't enamored with '22 For 30', which had a good mockumentary premise but not a great execution. I didn't find it particularily engaging and kinda dull at times, was sort of sluggishly paced & also partially unpleasant with the Homer-Bart conflict (which I didn't find funny but forced and off-putting). The involvement of Fat Tony's mob was great, but they were just a bit part.

'Wohoo Dunnit?', on the other hand, I found pretty fun and engaging and didn't go too far in any direction, focusing on a mystery plot with not too much exaggerations with characters etc. for the sake of parody (and nothing that I was put off by), being quite well paced, intriguing and snappy & the overall more complete and compelling story so therefore it wins to me. It's not great in any sense, but I got more out of it.

Last edited:
My vote still goes to 'Woo-Hoo Dunnit?', a fun and intriguing episode. '22 For 30' remains one of those popular modern era episodes that did relatively little to really interest me. It begun well but eventually started dragging & got less interesting, the overt exaggerations became a little much (and occasionally felt forced) & it got a little unpleasant as well (the conflict between Homer & Bart, mainly); the mob subplot was fun, but it wasn't enough to make it more than just okay to me. Good spoof concept but not as good excution.

Back