2022 NHC Winter Music Showdown (Sign Up Thread)

Smiling Politely

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
It's time for the 2022 Winter showdown!

It will be a 64 track showdown. We're sticking with the same rules as the most recent showdown.

Rules:

1. Up to THREE nominations per person. Rank your picks on the off chance we have to cut any so your preferred one gets to stay for sure. I will let you know if we need additional songs and it will be on a first come first serve basis. You can have less than three if you prefer.

2. The song must be available on Youtube (potential leeway on this if you can provide something that is linkable, legal, free to access and won't go down during the course of the contest).

3. Please PM me your nomination with a link to the song

4. I reserve the right to reject a song if I think it is too universally adored. We want personal choices and the contest is as much about hearing new music as opposed to determining the best. A good guide is the rule of only songs with no wikipedia page. Possible exceptions to this due to wikipedia's oddities. I will also reject any songs that have previously been used in the showdown.

5. Please keep tracks limited to songs with view counts no bigger than single-digit millions on the most viewed video of the song. As long as the track complies with the other rules, I have no issue with tracks with higher view counts being submitted, but ten million and up increases the likelihood that others are familiar with the song. Keep a song's release date in mind--if the video just dropped last week and it has eight or nine million views, maybe forgo that one.

6. No songs from the top fifty of NHC's most recent top 100 albums list. This will help prevent anything too popular here at NHC from being part of the showdown.

7. Keep your nomination a secret, it makes it more fun at the end!

Comment in the thread if you're intending to sign up. I'll need your nominations by no later than 4pm eastern time on Thursday, February 17.

1. @Smiling Politely
2. @goodfella
3. @tyler
4. @Financial Panther
5. @forget
6. @Alura
7. @cuckold bart
8. @The Goode Family
9. @pilcrow
10. @Mr. Teenie
11. @The Spruce Moose
12. @dorian
13. @itchylot
14. @zach
15. @Exordium
16. @Matty
17. @deadname
18. @purple
19. @bias
20. @Shaunbadia
21. @cameron

Last edited:
a.gif

I had an unexpected errand pop up today and will be running late, so I'm shifting the deadline to 7pm eastern time, so anyone who still hasn't submitted will have an extra three hours.

It'll be first come first serve, but I'm open for fourth picks. We need three total, and I'm putting in one, so the first two people to submit qualifying tracks will get those fourth pick slots.

Back