2020 NHC Summer Music Showdown (SIGN UP THREAD)

Smiling Politely

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
It's time for our 2020 Summer Music Showdown!

We're going to do 64 songs this time around. This should mean everyone will get 3 or 4, depending on how many people submit. PLEASE be sure to number your tracks in the order you prefer them in case we get more than 21 people and need to cut any. If I require additional picks at all, I will ask for them; please do not give me an extra until then. We're going to stick with the same rules as last time.

Rules:

1. Up to FOUR nominations per person. Rank your picks on the off chance we have to cut any so your preferred one gets to stay for sure. I will let you know if we need additional songs and it will be on a first come first serve basis. You can have less than four if you prefer.

2. The song must be available on Youtube (potential leeway on this if you can provide something that is linkable, legal, free to access and won't go down during the course of the contest).

3. Please PM me your nomination with a link to the songs. If the link does not work for me, I will ask for a replacement.

4. I reserve the right to reject a song if I think it is too universally adored. We want personal choices and the contest is as much about hearing new music as opposed to determining the best. A good guide is the rule of only songs with no wikipedia page. Possible exceptions to this due to wikipedia's oddities. I will also reject any songs that have previously been used in the showdown, or could be used in our VGM showdown.

5. No songs from the top fifty of NHC's most recent top 100 albums list. This will help prevent anything too popular here at NHC from being part of the showdown.

6. Keep your nomination a secret, it makes it more fun at the end!

If you would like to sign up, please indicate in this thread. I expect all submissions within the week, so by approximately 6pm EDT on June 24. Looking forward to hearing all your picks!

1. [MENTION=49962]Smiling Politely[/MENTION] ✓
2. [MENTION=20302]Shaunbadia[/MENTION] ✓
3. [MENTION=78359]cam[/MENTION] ✓
4. [MENTION=85241]cuckold bart[/MENTION] ✓
5. [MENTION=53986]OldSchoolerSimpsons[/MENTION] ✓
6. [MENTION=56353]deadname[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=13089]goodfella[/MENTION] ✓
8. [MENTION=38730]tyler[/MENTION] ✓
9. [MENTION=32807]Nwordpassforsale[/MENTION] ✓
10. [MENTION=66897]Mr. Teenie[/MENTION] ✓
11. [MENTION=73806]Exordium[/MENTION] ✓
12. [MENTION=62459]pilcrow[/MENTION] ✓
13. [MENTION=70321]skully the poltergeist[/MENTION] ✓
14. [MENTION=21074]Financial Panther[/MENTION] ✓
15. [MENTION=45949]The Spruce Moose[/MENTION]
16. [MENTION=69013]bias[/MENTION]

I'm ready to check in.

n6KlieJ.jpg

I'm closing the showdown to new entries. [MENTION=62459]pilcrow[/MENTION] can still submit a fourth pick. [MENTION=56353]deadname[/MENTION] [MENTION=45949]The Spruce Moose[/MENTION] can all submit four picks. If any of the four of you don't want to submit four, just let me know so I can give an extra track to folks who want it. I'm going to give everyone until 6pm EDT tomorrow to get their picks in. If you don't have them in when I sign in, they will be given away on a first come first serve basis (and I'm really just extending it since we got a few last minute entries and have a couple missing tracks from folks).

2 people have elected to submit only three songs, which means there's two extra song slots. I'm taking one because I can, so one other person gets an extra. First person to send an extra pick gets one. Once I have it, it'll just be a short wait before we officially start.

[MENTION=20302]Shaunbadia[/MENTION] [MENTION=78359]cam[/MENTION] [MENTION=85241]cuckold bart[/MENTION] [MENTION=53986]OldSchoolerSimpsons[/MENTION] [MENTION=56353]deadname[/MENTION] [MENTION=13089]goodfella[/MENTION] [MENTION=38730]tyler[/MENTION] [MENTION=32807]Nwordpassforsale[/MENTION] [MENTION=66897]Mr. Teenie[/MENTION] [MENTION=73806]Exordium[/MENTION] [MENTION=62459]pilcrow[/MENTION] [MENTION=70321]skully the poltergeist[/MENTION] [MENTION=21074]Financial Panther[/MENTION] [MENTION=45949]The Spruce Moose[/MENTION] [MENTION=69013]bias[/MENTION]

Back