2017 Predictions

how was y'alls 2017

it was all right I think. better than expected, and sure as shit better than last year.

2017 will be a better movie year.

This is definitely at least a little true.

I will hate the first episode of 24: Legacy, might find the second episode okay but still not good.

Prediction unfulfilled, I never watched it.

Donald Trump will be a really terrible president, but it will take a while before truly awful decisions set in.

Sure, but when did they set in, they REALLY set in.

DuckTales 2017 comes out and I will find it... decent. But probably nothing more.

I thought it was all right. I'll have to see some more episodes.

THIS year I won't get an infraction.

Thankfully correct this time.

Egg will continue to struggle getting respect, but it won't be as bad this time.

Eeeeeeeeeh???

Michael Richards finally gets a new role.

Sadly not.

The Boss Baby will be awful. Trust me on this.

I haven't seen it yet, but it most likely is.

Star Wars: Episode VIII will be more loved, since there will be less backlash about similarities to the original.

Probably true, although I haven't really read any reviews.

Seth MacFarlane comes out with a new movie. It will get mixed reviews this time as well.

Nope. No new movie. He did get his first live-action show though, which actually got good reviews.

Will I get a girlfriend? I have no clue.

Circumstances, circumstances...
Coincidences, coincidences...

On the other hand, I know at least the first episode of Father In London will be released. It will not be disliked as much as the CC & c pilot.

It BETTER be released. It BETTER be.

Fast & Furious 8 will not be liked to the extent of 5-7, since Paul Walker is now gone. Remember how much people hated Fast & Furious 2 since Vin Diesel was absent? They needed diesel.

Definitely correct, it didn't get nearly as much acclaim, especially not 5.

- Donald Trump as President absolutely decimates the country, suppressing rights for everyone except white straight men and destroying the economy, proving to send the US into a downward spiral. Violence and hate crimes will reach record highs, our status as a superpower ends, and we become essentially a nazi dictatorship.
Thankfully, we didn't sink anywhere near this low.

- Brexit could go either way.
Well it hasn't happened yet, so...

- World War III is kicked off when Donald Trump declares war with China, with Russia siding with Trump.
Thankfully, no.

Entertainment:
- People FINALLY get sick of the constant superhero movies and a backlash ensues.
Nope. Many superhero movies this year were successes, like Wonder Woman or Spider-Man: Homecoming.

- Star Wars VIII is acclaimed, but not to the extent of Force Awakens
Seems to be very acclaimed, not sure if it's less than TFA.

- Cars 3 is a sucess, with people acclaiming it's dark tone
It got mixed reviews, and wasn't really dark.

Riding the sucess of movies like Transformers and TMNT, a live-action summer blockbuster gritty Pokemon movie is announced and released either in Holiday Season 2017 or early 2018.
It has not. Detective Pikachu kinda counts but A. It's not coming till 2019 or B. It's not really based on mainline Pokemon.

- SNL has some of it's freshest material in years, thanks to Mr. Trump
Seems so.

- FOX introduces yet more one-season wonders (E.G Mulaney, Dads, Bordertown)
Son of Zorn was one, I think.

- The Simpsons continues to suck, with occasional flashes of greatness, the Pokemon GO episode and Great Phatsby end up being worst ep of all time candidates
The "suck with occasional flashes of greatness", yes. The Pokemon GO ep and Great Phatsby weren't really overwhelmingly panned.

- Another indie game becomes a craze with lets players and 12 year old kids (2015 had FNAF, 2016 had Undertale)
Does Cuphead count? If so than I was right.

- Another new dance craze/"challenge" becomes mainstream
Unless i'm having a big brain-fart, doesn't seem so, unless the "Look At Me Challenge" counts.

- Dabbing and water bottle flipping die out
Water bottle flipping seems to have breathed it's last. Dabbing is pre dead too.

- The new Sonic games are very well recieved and return the franchise, SONIC BOOM is put out of it's misery
Sonic Mania was very much a success, Forces was decently recieved. And Boom seems to have ended.

- CN enters a new dark age as it's old shows fall by the wayside and new shows perform badly, Nickelodeon and Disney XD become the new hotness
Not exactly. Nickelodeon has been rising with successful shows (The Loud House et al), but CN is still having some successes (OK KO!, Samurai Jack reboot)

- The Nintendo Switch is a success
Very much so.

- Celebs die
Yep, and quite a few. Chuck Berry, Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, Tom Petty, John Hurt...

Board:
- Drama a-plenty, at least 5 users go crazy/get banned
Lots of drama, and there was some tempbans in BumpGate.

- People still talk way too much about sex
Possibly?

- OSS goes to church and cuts his hair
Half-true. Haircut? Yes. Church? No.

- Mix of good newbies and weirdos
Good newbies like Igor or Andre, not really many weirdos tho.

- People start liking me more somehow
Sadly no. If anything my rep has only lowered.

- Another board offshoot is created
It has not.

- Father In London wins an Emmy
Sadly, no.

Me:
- I still don't find any rap songs I like
I have found a few, such as Dear Mama or Get Got. So thankfully this was false!

- I finish my Sonic reviews and Pokemon reviews, music reviews trickle out at a rate of 1 a month or so
Sonic reviews are done. Pokemon reviews still in progress. Music reviews pre dead, since it's hard to go in-depth.

- My second and third albums get more acclaim than the first, I perform at least 1 concert at a tiny club
My second album was better recieved. And I did get a psuedo-concert.

- I learn how to drive
Nah

- I make some friends
No, sadly.

- Still no girlfriend
Yep

Gonna be one hell of a year.
Very, very much so.

Didn't get to 3,000 posts this year but it'll probably happen by the end of 2017.
I will go to end of school prom but most likely will not have a date for it.
I won't ace my exams but at least do well enough for a passing grade

Well I didn't get to 3,000 posts. But the other two were accurate. Go me.

that's partially correct and the bit i got wrong was what everybody but like 2 people on the corbyn campaign got wrong too tbh

- failed trump assassination attempt
- le pen loses
- merkel wins
- wilders wins
- a brexiteer will resign from government
- article 50 triggered in march
- labour poll lower than 20% in more than one poll
- corbyn clings on, obviously (atleast until my next prediction anyway)
- may govt struggles to pass anything, general election called for september-ish. tory landslide.
- putin advances in eastern europe
- the new cold war between usa and china gets increasingly terrifying
- leicester finish 10th
- celebrities don't stop dying
- episode 8 is good

no
yes
sorta
no
no
yes
they got low but not that low
obvs
yes, date wrong, no
no
no
12th
what does that even mean
yes

not good at predicting tbh

Charles Manson will finally die
The First Amendment “Defense” Act will pass
Cartoon Network cancels all of their currently-running shows save for Teen Titans Go
I will have gotten a Full Combo on at least 62 of the 63 songs on Rock Band 3 with a playable Keys part on Expert “Keytar” (a certain goal allows you play Keys parts with a guitar controller)
Another TV movie for SpongeBob will be announced this year
OSS will get at least three infractions
I’ll still forget to check out Gravity Falls despite having bought the first half of Season 1 on iTunes
Still won’t buy an Xbox One and Rock Band 4.
People will miss Dubya (not like that hasn’t happened already)
Egg will release a hit single filled with sick melodies
Financial Panther still won’t apologize

Yes
Don’t know
No
Yes
No
No
Partial credit (I did watch the episodes I bought, but haven’t gone back to watch the rest of the show)
Yes
?
?
I’m just assuming he did

how was y'alls 2017

it was all right I think. better than expected, and sure as shit better than last year.

uh I just got fired and my dad had a stroke early in the year

but I did get to go on many really cool vacations so hey, that's a plus

yet trump and stuff which was a drag

...ehhh it's a wash

Back