2014: Animated films you look forward to

Robotics

魔女旅人
Some trailers have been out since last year's summer, some later, and some have not come out yet.
Of the trailers or info you've seen so far, which animated films do you look forward to see this year?

Infinity183

Nature's Cruelest Mistake
I'll probably be intrigued to watch How to Train Your Dragon 2, and I have high hopes for the upcoming Disney and Pixar films, too. I'm not looking forward one bit to Mr. Peabody and Sherman or Planes: Fire and Rescue.

Last edited:

tyler

j'ai froid
sheesh, 2014 is pretty fucking empty in regards to quality animated films ain't it? a year sans Pixar also just feels so wrong.

even though it doesn't have a trailer yet, I'll go with Boxtrolls. Laika seem to know what they're doing after Coraline and ParaNorman, so I'll give that a go. also the Lego Movie, if that counts. Lord/Miller haven't steered me wrong yet.

Last edited:

Matty

Voice of Rachel
Global Moderator
Plenty of interesting features coming up this year. Better than 2013. I'll look forward to at least seeing:

The Lego Movie
The boxtrolls
La Mécanique du cœur
Song of the Sea
Cheatin'
Rocks in my Pockets
Astérix - Mansion of the Gods
The Canterville Ghost
Tante Hilda
Minuscule

Isn't The Good Dinosaur coming out this year?

November 2015

Suomynona

Temporary Talking Head
Definitely looking forward to How to Train Your Dragon 2.

I remembered watching a pirated version of the first film online, with a crappy resolution and from a laptop. That movie made me cheer louder than watching the The Avengers.

I swore to myself not to watch HTTYD more than once a year, or even listen to the soundtrack more than once a month, because that's how fucking much I loved that film.

kupomog

d=(^_^)z
Administrator
I held off on watching it until deciding to put it on my Netflix queue the other month. Both my husband and I were blown away by how much we enjoyed it. Really wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Plus it looks amazing...I wish I could've seen in 3D.

Robotics

魔女旅人
It looks like there's a new Tarzan animated feature scheduled to come out this year, although I'm rather indifferent toward it myself:
http://www.movieweb.com/movie/tarzan-2014/uk-trailer

I saw the trailer for this film a few weeks ago. Feels like it has a resemblance to James Cameron's "Avatar", but the whole atmosphere just feels way off. The trailer already makes the plot feel derivative and frankly, I wouldn't watch it at all. I guess it's also because I'm used to watching Disney's Tarzan.

K

Kid Moe

The only animated movie that I'm probably going to see this year is The Lego Movie, because I'm hyped as hell for it. I might see HTTYD 2, but I don't know. I didn't like the first one as much as everybody else seemed to.

Sam

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
haha the lego movie. i still hate the ideal of CGI-created lego. i kinda loved the first lego star wars game, but it's way oversaturated now and it makes little sense.

K

Kid Moe

haha the lego movie. i still hate the ideal of CGI-created lego.

Some of the movie is actually gonna be done in stop-motion, but the people making it have said that we won't be able to tell the difference between the CGI and the stop-motion.

Sam

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
i'm assuming it will be like the pirate intro and david hassellhoff thing in the first one. no evidence suggests it will be for 'half the movie'.

EthanRunt

I Just Want My Kids Back
also phil lord and chris miller

guys

these dudes

these dudes can do it

Damn straight, faith in those two for both their films this year.
Between The LEGO Movie and HTTYD2 I figure this year has more potential than the last few years.

Walid

Executive Vice President
2015 is definitely going to be a big year for movies

anyway, I'm looking forward to How to Train Your Dragon 2. that's about it. I don't really know what movies are due out this year