Search results

1. A

Rate & Review: "Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind" (KABF02)

When this episode ended, I felt like I wanted more because it was so good. I felt like it could have been spun out more. It made me think that it would have made for a better feature-length film than the actual Simpsons Movie was, what with the highly emotional themes of Homer forgetting the...
  2. A

Worst Gay Related Episode

"Three Gays of the Condo" is great mainly for 'Weird' Al's appearance but the image of Homer dancing slowly and seductively in the gay bar would make me vote this the worst gay-themed episode - I just really dislike that sequence. Not because of any homophobism, it's just really...creepy.
  3. A

Whos Bought The DVD from woolworths

I liked the Plopper T-shirts that some workers at Woolies seemed to be wearing...
  4. A

Woolworths (UK) Simpson Movie DVD Campaign

I saw that image being used in Woolies today! As well as them having the pink do(ugh)nuts replacing the double "O" in "Woolworths" on the shop front. Incidentally, the guy who served me at HMV said that the DVDs were selling like hot cakes (well, duh) and that they had 650 copies in, which he...
  5. A

Whos Bought The DVD from woolworths

For today only (10th December) you can pick up The Simpsons Movie on DVD for about £8.87 from Woolworths. I got my copy from HMV though, as it came with four "art cards" which are basically postcard-sized images of the movie posters. I'm saving it for Christmas.
  6. A

UK: General Simpsons Chat

I'm starting my big, proper scary university BA Hons course, admittedly still at the same college I've been at for the past three years, but still... I've had to have a student loan and everything. Luckily, I get a bit of a maintenance grant to play with which should be going in when I start...
  7. A

Gag(s) that you can't stop laughing at

Homer in Bart vs Australia "Look at this country - 'you-are-gay'. Ha ha ha!"
  8. A

I work at a warehouse with DVDs, books and CDs that are ordered and sent out to companies like Woolworths. I checked the work computers the other week to see when all my anticipated DVDs were coming out and it said The Simpsons Movie was coming out on Monday 10th December. Not sure if that's...
  9. A

The Simpsons Movie - Stuff You May Have Missed

Oh, I thought I was the only one to have noticed it but you guys have been just as observant! Yes, I really enjoyed seeing the crashed ambulance from "Bart the Daredevil", I didn't see it on the first viewing but when I saw the film for the second time, I spotted it. It's reassuring to know...
  10. A

The Simpsons: Hit & Run (the sad, final hurrah of simpsons video gaming.........)

I'd suspect that more games are on the way, and with the possibilites offered by the graphics-powerhouses of the Xbox 360 and the PS3 and the fun interactivity offered by the much better console, the Wii, why shouldn't more games be produced? I would have thought that maybe a game based on the...
  11. A

The Simpsons: The Complete Ninth Season DVD

Well I just checked out the David Silverman Easter Egg and I did like it, it was nice to see him in his office, working away on a movie that practically everyone seems to be anticipating. I also enjoyed seeing him use one of those fancy on-screen drawing tablets, where you can literally draw on...
  12. A

Hey, I was just looking up some Easter Eggs for the Ninth Season boxset and came across this one - Disc 4: Go to the episode menu for "Trash of the Titans". After "The 200th!!" is written, press 7. After that, press 27. (July 27, 2007: the day The Simpsons movie is released.) You will then...
  13. A

With any luck, I should have the Season 9 Lisa head version of the set waiting for me at home tonight, as I've bought it from where I work - it SHOULD cost £23.27 from there, but it may be a little more. I usually buy my boxsets on the day of release from Music Zone, but that chain of stores...
  14. A

Well, it's about two hours to go before Kill Gil: Vols. 1 & 2 airs in the UK on SkyOne and I am looking forward to it. The Christmassy feeling, or in fact any feeling that denotes it's a special occasion, is always fun to see in The Simpsons whehter it be Christmas, Halloween or Easter and so...
  15. A

Simpsons Movie World Premier Trailer- General Discussion Thread.

Thank you Ivan for your thoughts. What with this being the season of goodwill, I don't want to get into an argument. Merry Christmas to all on here and let's hope 2007 will be a great year, made even better by The Simpsons Movie.
  16. A

Simpsons Movie World Premier Trailer- General Discussion Thread.

I, for one, loved this trailer purely because it confirms that the movie IS being made as we speak and people are working hard on it for our entertainment. The CG intro was brilliant and shows the kind of humour the movie can offer with a bigger budget and the actual animation of the scene from...
  17. A

When will you stop buying the DVD's?

I'll never stop buying the DVDs. Sure, there are some duff episodes, pardon the pun, but me not buying the DVD won't make them go away. I'd like to own every single Simpsons episode ever made just to say that I own them all. Having a big gaping gap in my DVD collection would annoy me.
  18. A

The Simpsons: The Complete Season 8 DVD (In Stores Now)

Yes! I got the set yesterday and even though I haven't exhausted every commentary or special feature yet, I can tell that this DVD boxset is going to be great. I'm wondering if I could have bought the set before it came out on the 2nd though, as I work at a big entertainment distributor type...
  19. A

The General Discussion Lounge

I'm referring to seasons before Season 17, as that season is still being shown in the UK. Also, do you consider "The Seemingly Never-Ending Story" to be a trilogy show? I, personally, would not. To me, it's more a series of vignettes, as in "22 Short Films" and there just happens to be three of...
  20. A

Well it's a bit pointless wishing luck to anyone period, since the notion of fate and destiny is bull. Happy Holidays!
Back