Search results

1. Homer Samson

Former writer Donick Cary came on my podcast yesterday!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5Nw1YW94lSJ3OPVWo5LKGl?si=-KNvEf36Q1KcHiNNinW48Q&utm_source=copy-link
  2. Homer Samson

Does "The Burns and the Bees" encourage dirty capitalism?

I was just thinking about that episode and while it actually had quite a few funny jokes, I felt like it was extremely pandering towards people like Jeff Bezos who should not be encouraged. They are paying people who already have enough money to last a couple millennia to be like "hey we're...
  3. Homer Samson

When was Lisa the most unlikable?

There are many episodes for me to mention, but I'll just pick a random one: The Kid is All Right. I mean first of all, 8 year olds shouldn't even understand politics at all. Schools barely even teach you about it until 5th grade. She shouldn't even care about politics at her age and she and...
  4. Homer Samson

Do the writers really know what people are like in their childhood?

Have you ever noticed that Bart and Lisa both seem more like high schoolers than they do Elementary schoolers? I mean it isn't very common but it is possible for some boys to go through puberty a little earlier than usual, so I guess Bart getting into relationships makes a lick of sense I...
  5. Homer Samson

Worst Family Guy subplots

The Woof of Wall Street: I actually liked the main plot, it did a good job with the suspense factor in the third act and did the plot of Brian being threatened to be euthanized much better than Dead Dog Walking. The subplot is just awful. It is legitimately hard to watch seeing Peter destroy the...
  6. Homer Samson

Best plot twists in the series

What was your favorite plot twist in the series? I'd say Bart the Mother is a good answer. It was pretty unexpected that they would be lizards and it shows creativity very well.
  7. Homer Samson

Rating and Reviewing every episode of Big Mouth

Rating and Reviewing every episode of Big Mouth (SPOILERS) (NSFW) I just finished watching every episode of Netflix's Big Mouth that has been released, it is an amazing show and I can't wait for Season 4. Well let's start with the first episode, Ejaculation. So this episode starts with a...
  8. Homer Samson

Did The Simpsons predict quarantine life back in Season 14?

Rewatching Strong Arms of the Ma on FXX, and I noticed how in the episode, when Marge develops agoraphobia, they modify outside activities so they can be done at home. This is eerily similar to what people are doing during quarantine. Am I the only one who noticed it. Also, I wrote this post...
  9. Homer Samson

Do you think the show is going to do episodes with the family in quarantine?

I'm wondering if this is going to happen. The only true signs are the "school online" chalkboard gag and the Class of 2020 video they did for YouTube. I think they would probably be released after the quarantine, but I mean they have been late to events before (such as the Pokemon Go subplot) Do...
  10. Homer Samson

Opinions on Watchmojo's worst Simpsons episodes video

I know this video came out a while ago but I still have a bone to pick with it. It's really bad. The fact the The Principal and the Pauper makes it to #2, yet Every Man's Dream only gets a dishonorable mention and neither of Tim Long's Mary Spuckler episodes get any mentions at all kinda pisses...
  11. Homer Samson

Why do people hate jerkass Homer so much?

I honestly can't help but love Jerkass Homer. Even in the Scully era I felt he was hilarious. I think people refuse to give a pass to Bart Star and Trash of the Titans is only because of Homer being a jerkass, despite the fact that ot made the episodes super funny. Some people even crap on Boy...
  12. Homer Samson

Scully or Scully-esque third acts you actually like

I honestly never had a problem with those. At least they could show creativity. I think during the Scully era, Brother's Little Helper and TCWMC (yes, I'm being serious) have outlandish 3rd acts done right. I also like the third act of In Marge We Trust, yes that was an Oakley and Weinstein...
  13. Homer Samson

Most annoying guest star who isn't named Sacha

Even though it was a short cameo, Andrés Cantor in YDHTLLAR was super annoying. I couldn't stand the way he was always yelling multiple words. I also thought Kate McKinnon in Gal of Constant Sorrow was a bit annoying. It wasn't a bad performance, and I thought Hettie was a great one time...
  14. Homer Samson

Bad episodes with good endings

Everyone seems to talk about certain episodes that are good but have bad endings, but what about vice-versa? My best choice would be Brake My Wife, Please, though it would have worked better as the ending to Three Gays of the Condo
  15. Homer Samson

Worst things Homer and Marge have done to Bart

I'd say what they did to him as a child actor from Barting Over. Unless the show takes place in a version of the 1910s with advanced technology, they should have known that spending your child's money is against the law. Bart shouldn't have emancipated himself and instead got the law...
  16. Homer Samson

Reviewing every Family Guy Season 1 episode

I saw the new Treehouse of Horror thread and it gave me an idea to do something like it with Family Guy, season by season. I'll write my review for Death Has a Shadow once I have seen it.
  17. Homer Samson

Rate & Review: Family Guy - Death Has a Shadow

I noticed that there weren't any rate and review threads for the pre-cancellation FG episodes so I thought I could start them. If anyone else is willing to do these rate and review threads, please do so. Anyway, it is the very first episode, but that is all people give it credit for. It is...
  18. Homer Samson

Was Jack LaLanne the earliest born person to ever be directly involved with the show?

Jack Lalanne played himself in the episode "The Old Man and the C Student" and he was born in 1914. Can any of the users on this site find someone older than him who was directly involved with the show? (This excludes people like Edgar Allen Poe who was indirectly involved)
  19. Homer Samson

Most emotional (non-forced) Scully and Jean episodes

I think Scully barely ever had any legitimately emotional episodes besides HOMR, The Blunder Years, and MAYBE Alone Again, Natura-Diddly, but that episode sucked. Jean was better at emotion than Scully, stuff like My Mother the Carjacker, the second act to Mona Leaves-a, The Squirt and the...
Back